2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Pickle85

Print is about as relevant as we are these days. So the Sun, Guardian, etc. putting out more articles on United than on Chelsea is what's keeping our players from performing?
That's not exactly what I'm saying, but yes, the additional spotlight doesn't help. A lot have been affected by media pressure in the past. Regardless, you said that 'The only place players at united face more pressure than at other clubs is on social media.' which is demonstrably untrue. Just because you seem to hold the odd opinion that the media is irrelevant doesn't change that.

Abizzz

That's not exactly what I'm saying, but yes, the additional spotlight doesn't help. A lot have been affected by media pressure in the past. Regardless, you said that 'The only place players at united face more pressure than at other clubs is on social media.' which is demonstrably untrue. Just because you seem to hold the odd opinion that the media is irrelevant doesn't change that.
Fine. I just take exception with the idea that OT is a different type of environment than the rest of world football. A place where such pressure is exerted on the players that they can not perform. I've just seen it used as an excuse for non performing players way too often in the past decade.

sugar_kane

A. The financial benefits to United of him winning a CL.

Or

B. Or the schadenfreude-tastic vision of seeing his tears after losing a CL final.

A big fat B for me.
Absolutely B.

Dortmund are the scousers of Germany, feck them and feck Sancho.

Camilo

He looked weak and uninterested in his time here. I thought he looked completed unsuited to the rigors of English football. A guy who would do okay if things are going well but is not a fighter and would just go through the motions when the going gets tough.

His market value right now would be the highest it has been since we bought him. We need to talk with BVB (or someone else) and find a way to offload him to them. However, if they act like smart-asses and want another loan for him, then I rather have him come back and be a part of our squad. Enough of getting short changed by these clubs who take us for fools. I would rather we take some short term losses in order to show everyone that we are not to be taken lightly.
Totally agree with this. Bayern are expected to win the league, and 3 or 4 other teams are expected to scrap it out for the top 4 places. Doing better is a bonus. In the EPL, I'd argue that us, City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea all have high expectations at the beginning of every season, even if they're unrealistic. He never looked interested, and ran away at the earliest opportunity.

United might be shite, but he chose to come here. I guess it's another Zaha scenario.

Giggsy13

There should be a decent list of clubs now that will be interested in Sancho after his champions league run. Dortmund of course but likely also PSG to replace Mbappe. That plastic shithole of a club would be the perfect fit for him.

Last edited:

Abraxas

So we're a 'top club' and we couldn't get out of the group stages and 8th in the Premier League, while Dortmund aren't but are one game away from the Champions League? Makes sense.
A facile reading of what I'm saying.

The point is he struggled with the scale of this club. It's not about league position except so far as that magnifies negative attention on the club, and the players. It's about playing for Man United and the inherent difficulties within that. The fact we're playing shite makes it more difficult with respect to the club dimension not less because the scale of the club remains unchanged but everything else works against it being easy to perform. Certainly requires resilience and focus which he seems to lack.

MrBest

From everything I’ve read, that one PSG game aside, his loan has been very underwhelming.

Hopefully we can use the hype from that game to drum up enough interest to get a decent price for him this summer.
I heard the same thing from a Dortmund fan, I've not seen any game of his except for the PSG Messi performance so I couldn't personally comment.

However, happy for Dortmund to win the Champs league, Sancho to be motm, us to get a fee for his win and then demand a bigger fee for his sale.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That PSG performance is the most overhyped performance I've seen in my life.

Clowns getting fooled by "Fletch" and McCoist edging themselves to Sancho passing a fullback 3 or 4 times.

Ekeke

He's been good not great overall. But since we only have Bruno who is better than good in our attack its an improvement. You'd still like to see a bit more end product

RuudTom83

Clowns getting fooled by "Fletch" and McCoist edging themselves to Sancho passing a fullback 3 or 4 times.
100% after his first touch on the night they were gushing over Jadon getting his mojo back in Germany.

He had something like 2 assists in 16 matches, but let’s not let that get in the way of some hyperbole from TNT Sports…gotta fill the half time chatting shit about something.

Marwood

Ste Howson, who I think normally talks sense, compared it to Bale vs Inter.

Crazy stuff.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Ste Howson, who I think normally talks sense, compared it to Bale vs Inter.

Crazy stuff.
Clowns only say that stuff for social media engagement.

Bale beat Maicon, clean, about half a dozen times there and probably beat other Inter players another half dozen times, clean. I think Sancho beat his fullback like that once against PSG across both legs.

Dve

Totally disagree. It's possible to not wanting Sancho back and still recognise he had a fantastic game against PSG.

And btw, 12 successful dribbles, it was, not 3-4.

And "clowns" even. Where is the quality control when you need it.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Totally disagree. It's possible to not wanting Sancho back and still recognise he had a fantastic game against PSG.

And btw, 12 successful dribbles, it was, not 3-4.

And "clowns" even. Where is the quality control when you need it.
Bale had successful dribbles. Sancho had Twitter stats that only mean anything to people who don't actually watch football and just regurgitate meaningless numbers.

Explain what a successful dribble is and show me where he beat 12 players with them? Here's what your "successful dribbles" Twitter stats mean.

So bored of people parroting those numbers when you can count with your eyes how many times a winger actually skins and beats a full back.

El Jefe

Bale had successful dribbles. Sancho had Twitter stats that only mean anything to people who don't actually watch football and just regurgitate meaningless numbers.

Explain what a successful dribble is and show me where he beat 12 players with them? Here's what your "successful dribbles" Twitter stats mean.

So bored of people parroting those numbers when you can count with your eyes how many times a winger actually skins and beats a full back.
Why use a video of Doku to make a point about Sancho’s performance. Sancho’s game actually backs up the stats, he went past Nuno Mendes for fun and had dribbles all through the game especially the second half.

“Sancho had twitter stats” :lol: just say you dislike him and don’t want him back rather than creating silly terms.

Dve

I don't care about the numbers. You were the one bringing them up (3-4 dribbles, which is a falsehood). But I watched the game and Sancho was fantastic. Created chances and caused problems for one of the best teams in the world pretty much every time he had the ball. It was not only about his dribbles; it's pretty irrelevant whether it was 7 or 12. Probably one of the strongest performances I have seen from any winger the whole season, and I think the "clown" Henry summed up his performance pretty well with his one word "wow".