View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
The press and social media had all their digs at United at the ready. But had to scrap them. Oh well.

First time I saw him for Dortmund last night. He looked exactly like he's done for us. Some tidy involvements, but all in all couldn't impose himself on the game at all.

From what I've seen since we purchased him, he's a squad player at best. But I don't think he has the right mentality to embrace that role, so it seems best for all parties that we part ways.

Oh Sancho... :lol:

That reads like he thinks he'd be doing us a favour by coming back to United. You can only set conditions like that if you are putting in Ballon d'Or level performances week in week out.

I guess you have to back yourself in life!

Best for all parties is to mutually terminate his contract. He won't make it in the Premier League and him overstaying at United while cashing in £300k+ won't go well with United fans.

Best for all parties is to mutually terminate his contract. He won't make it in the Premier League and him overstaying at United while cashing in £300k+ won't go well with United fans.

Sancho is not terminating a £300k a week contract. He will just sit there and take the cash whilst playing video games.

Nobody is stupid enough to walk away from 300k a week, it's a mental position to be in, even if Utd sell him he will still want that guaranteed, so you're going to end up subsidising his wages while he stinks it up somewhere else. He'd probably Bogarde that contract if he has to.

There's no way he should allowed play for Utd ever again.

Have zero faith on him going back to the level he showed at his first run at Dortmund. Not here or anywhere else, doesn't have the mentality or drive. Can bother supporting those kind of weak players, let him go for anything anyone dumb enough pays for him.

No more loans please. Just sale. Maybe the buying club can compensate him with some payments upfront to sweeten the deal. We really don't want to stand in his way of football progress...

We won’t get an offer from Saudi for him anyway.
He doesn’t want to return to United (while Ten Hag is here) - that sounds like a contract violation. We get an offer, which presents an option to all parties, isn’t there some way we can nullify the contract like he’s being fired ? He won’t play for United, great, and Dortmund won’t pony up, we should be able to sell his contract regardless of whether he wants it or not. Players get sold and traded all the time against their wishes in other sports.

Seems players have all the power.

He doesn’t want to return to United (while Ten Hag is here) - that sounds like a contract violation. We get an offer, which presents an option to all parties, isn’t there some way we can nullify the contract like he’s being fired ? He won’t play for United, great, and Dortmund won’t pony up, we should be able to sell his contract regardless of whether he wants it or not. Players get sold and traded all the time against their wishes in other sports.

He doesn't want to return to United because he's not comfortable with the manager but he won't actually refuse to come back and train with the team (probably our youth team as ETH will not allow him anywhere near first team) when the time comes. Basically no chance we would be able to cancel his contract. His preference is to be elsewhere but he's not dumb enough to agree to cancel his contract, knowing well that no club will match his earnings.

They already have last summer. Now he's a big name Champions League finalist he'll be even more attractive to them ;)
I don't think Saudis are going to be very active this Summer. Some of the players that moved have left already, some are rumored to be unhappy and looking at their options, the league doesn't really seem to have a very clear path towards becoming popular and seems to have lost some traction.

No more loans please. Just sale. Maybe the buying club can compensate him with some payments upfront to sweeten the deal. We really don't want to stand in his way of football progress...
I could see more than 50% chance that another loan will happen if ETH gets to stay around. If INEOS plays hard ball with Dortmund about the price and noone else is interested, the simple solution is another loan until ETH contract run out in a year.

He doesn't want to return to United because he's not comfortable with the manager but he won't actually refuse to come back and train with the team (probably our youth team as ETH will not allow him anywhere near first team) when the time comes. Basically no chance we would be able to cancel his contract. His preference is to be elsewhere but he's not dumb enough to agree to cancel his contract, knowing well that no club will match his earnings.
If he’d been 32 years and a bit tired of football I’d get it. Wasting a whole other year is not going to even benefit his pocket in a five year perspective, because he’s not getting a bumper sign on fee if he’s been out of football for twelve months on top of two seasons of scarce football and ‘issues’. Neither is it in United’s interest to have him sulking around Carrington for a year sending longing looks towards his old teammates in the parking lot. Nobody’s going to like that.

It’ll be a give-a-way sale, with him dropping his fees a fair bit too, or another loan. Most likely a loan, I’m guessing.

If he’d been 32 years and a bit tired of football I’d get it. Wasting a whole other year is not going to even benefit his pocket in a five year perspective, because he’s not getting a bumper sign on fee if he’s been out of football for twelve months on top of two seasons of scarce football and ‘issues’. Neither is it in United’s interest to have him sulking around Carrington for a year sending longing looks towards his old teammates in the parking lot. Nobody’s going to like that.

It’ll be a give-a-way sale, with him dropping his fees a fair bit too, or another loan. Most likely a loan, I’m guessing.
I’d expect another loan. I think he still clings to a hope that ETH will eventually be gone in a few years time and he could have a shot at playing here then (though I think he only has two years on his contract as I seem to remember him only signing a 5-year deal at the beginning and he’s been with us for 3 already).

I still keep thinking he's worth another shot if/when Ten Hag goes, especially seeing as there's no going to be many/any suitors at a decent price.

And then I remember that's literally based on two good moments, the composed goal against Liverpool nearly 2 years ago and a tidy dribble against Leeds at Elland Road even longer ago (it must've been very tidy!) and give my head a wobble.

I would give him a second chance. I dont think he is all that, but who knows. On the other hand, If a good offer comes in, sell, but i doubt we will see one.

He can’t be on 350k anymore. His contract would have been tied to champions league qualification like the other players

I wanted him a lot the summer before we got him and was very pleased when we did. But I'll absolutely eat the humble pie of being completely wrong about him. Has some talent for sure but his character and attitude are shocking. The whole nonsense from Dortmund on SM and then things like Sancho reckons he will come back if ETH leaves...feck off mate. We did everything possible to try and help him out and he is just an arrogant tw@t. Would love to see the back of him permanently ASAP.

I wanted him a lot the summer before we got him and was very pleased when we did. But I'll absolutely eat the humble pie of being completely wrong about him. Has some talent for sure but his character and attitude are shocking. The whole nonsense from Dortmund on SM and then things like Sancho reckons he will come back if ETH leaves...feck off mate. We did everything possible to try and help him out and he is just an arrogant tw@t. Would love to see the back of him permanently ASAP.

I was exactly in the same boat as you, wanted him really badly and thought it is a signing we cannot miss out on. Since then, we have seen why we should not judge players on a few games and stats.

ETH tried to help him out the season before when he had off field issues and he repaid him back by stabbing him in the back.

Sancho also does not have the mentality to be a top player, every time he has 1 / 2 good performances, his instagram is full of retweets of fans, when he has a bad game or a few bad games and gets criticised, he has to leave social media.

We can leave his off field issues out and talk about his on field issues, he doesn't have the pace to beat a player, he has no aggression or intent on and off the ball. If we can get £20/30m for him, it would be ideal.

I was exactly in the same boat as you, wanted him really badly and thought it is a signing we cannot miss out on. Since then, we have seen why we should not judge players on a few games and stats.

ETH tried to help him out the season before when he had off field issues and he repaid him back by stabbing him in the back.

Sancho also does not have the mentality to be a top player, every time he has 1 / 2 good performances, his instagram is full of retweets of fans, when he has a bad game or a few bad games and gets criticised, he has to leave social media.

We can leave his off field issues out and talk about his on field issues, he doesn't have the pace to beat a player, he has no aggression or intent on and off the ball. If we can get £20/30m for him, it would be ideal.

Agreed, if we get something near that valuation take it and move on.

You're arguing for actual slavery, not the Sepp Blatter kind.

Can we all finally stop pretending Sancho is having an amazing resurgence at Dortmund?

I mean he is doing better than he was at United but that isn't very hard considering he spent most of the last year either throwing a strop or taking time off because the stress of the game was just too much.

If we can get £50m for him this summer, take it and run.
YT football channels have a lot to answer for.

Status
Not open for further replies.