View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn’t do much today, didn’t rise to the occasion. Still think United can get some decent money back and he’ll have a decent career.

Dortmund should have taken their chances.

United fans are acting like small club losers.

All around sad state of affairs.

3 goals and 3 assists in 20 games isn’t bad at all considering he wasn’t playing at all before then. A motm CL semi final isn’t bad either. Real are just the best team in the world. It’s boring by now but Sancho was also crap tonight. I think he gets one more chance here next season because we won’t loan him to Dortmund again.

Let’s hope Dortmund can find some cash so they can keep him.

£10 million add on for Bellingham winning Champions League in first season apparently.

Its not a club short on cash, but not foolish enough to overpay for an awful player.

Ten Hag wanting public apology (if that was the case) was perhaps too much but he can't deny whole club, the fans and manager stood by him and gave him months to get it together when he needed it.

I'm guessing slightly, but there seems to be a correlation in timing between the level of his desire to work dipping and being guaranteed £350k a week for 5 years at 21 years of age

Can we all finally stop pretending Sancho is having an amazing resurgence at Dortmund?

I mean he is doing better than he was at United but that isn't very hard considering he spent most of the last year either throwing a strop or taking time off because the stress of the game was just too much.

If we can get £50m for him this summer, take it and run.
We won't even get half that.

Absolute shit, no desire to take on his man whatsoever, you see Vini or Rodrygo try and fail but keep on trying until they get it right that's the difference between winning and losing in a final.

Plase if any club brings 20m just take it and let this coward of a player go, he's not worth the stress.

Had a mate text me saying he's just done a flip flap in a champions league final to rub in how stupid and mismanaged Utd are. No prizes for guessing the 'skill' was unsuccessful and he actually gave the ball away.

He was very poor in the second half today. First half he was quite good

He was very poor in the second half today. First half he was quite good

How was he quite good? He was barely involved. Got the ball a few times, did nothing. All their best chances came without Sancho being involved...

He said in an interview before the game he had a good night's sleep last night with a little grin. Says it all about him.

Absolute shit, no desire to take on his man whatsoever, you see Vini or Rodrygo try and fail but keep on trying until they get it right that's the difference between winning and losing in a final.

Plase if any club brings 20m just take it and let this coward of a player go, he's not worth the stress.
They were about as effective, Real’s goals came from a set piece and a defensive blunder.

Which isn’t saying Sancho was good or anything, in fact Real’s 1st goal came off him giving away the ball cheaply, but your comparison is a bad one. If Maatsen didn’t make that hospital pass Vini would end the game with exactly the same product as Sancho.

This loan in general doesn’t quite work out well enough for anybody, his 6 G/A in 20 games and pretty lackluster performance in general most likely won’t be enough to get Dortmund to shell out the money. Those cheapskates will probably ask to extend the loan, at best.

We shouldn’t extend a loan, or loan him to any other club. If we can’t get a fee we should take the transfer as a lesson and continue to keep him away from the squad.

He deserves another chance at United with a different manager, so that he can fail miserably all over again.

We should give him a new contract with a pay rise while we're at it.

As a winger it’s astonishing he has no explosiveness at all. How and why did he manage to get all that hype to begin with?

Don’t tell me about his GA at dortmund prior to his move to united because I’m talking about explosiveness as a winger and he had that same style of play then too. Neat and tidy, running in open spaces, start and stop, some dribble here and there.

How everyone got fooled into thinking that he’s gonna torment the fullbacks? He isn’t electric, no X factor, slow as shit. He’s like a fecking midfielder playing on the fecking wing.

As a winger it’s astonishing he has no explosiveness at all. How and why did he manage to get all that hype to begin with?

Don’t tell me about his GA at dortmund prior to his move to united because I’m talking about explosiveness as a winger and he had that same style of play then too. Neat and tidy, running in open spaces, start and stop, some dribble here and there.

How everyone got fooled into thinking that he’s gonna torment the fullbacks? He isn’t electric, no X factor, slow as shit. He’s like a fecking midfielder playing on the fecking wing.

You want to know where all his hype comes from, but at the same time you want to exclude his GA at Dortmund?

I get that the majority of us are annoyed at how things turned out, but not entirely sure why we should rewrite everything and pretend he wasn't great at Dortmund. Apart from his technique, he showed great vision and understanding of the game, great passing, essentially a playmaker depending on players always being available for passes and making runs.

I get that the majority of us are annoyed at how things turned out, but not entirely sure why we should rewrite everything and pretend he wasn't great at Dortmund. Apart from his technique, he showed great vision and understanding of the game, great passing, essentially a playmaker depending on players always being available for passes and making runs.
Lots of words trying to describe the quality of a player with no real meaning. All these amazing things don’t and would never make you a great winger. If a winger can’t go past fullbacks regularly, even scared to take them on, isn’t even rapid and has no explosiveness about him then you can say all nice things about him but ultimately he would fail at the highest level. That’s what Sancho is.

Lots of words trying to describe the quality of a player with no real meaning. All these amazing things don’t and would never make you a great winger. If a winger can’t go past fullbacks regularly, even scared to take them on, isn’t even rapid and has no explosiveness about him then you can say all nice things about him but ultimately he would fail at the highest level. That’s what Sancho is.

Makes sense considering he was one of the most productive wingers in Europe at the time. No real quality, just exclude his qualities and GA.

The positive is, our next season manager won’t be pressured to use him ‘properly’.
The negative is obvious, that it will be harder to sell him. But him ‘taking’ Dortmund to CL Final is still a good sales pitch. So there’s that.

They were about as effective, Real’s goals came from a set piece and a defensive blunder.

Which isn’t saying Sancho was good or anything, in fact Real’s 1st goal came off him giving away the ball cheaply, but your comparison is a bad one. If Maatsen didn’t make that hospital pass Vini would end the game with exactly the same product as Sancho.

Vinicius went to the goal line with a bit of skill, speed and drive to create the initial corner from which Sancho then gave away the ball for a second corner in quick succession. Then he finished the only chance and shot he had IIRC to score again in his second Champion League Final.

It's unfair to compare them two anyways as one plays for a much better team in Madrid, is a genuine Ballon D'or contender with incredible drive, end product and motivation whilst being endlessly mocked and racially abused. They were not as 'about effective'. One has shown he is a consistent threat with and without the ball, the other has shown he's a tidy playmaker when there are options.

Vinicius in the Dortmund team today would have created numerous problems against Carvahal/Mendy, the way Sancho didn't.

That's not a slight on Sancho because Vinicius is top 3 best players in the world but it's very generous to equate both of their performances as similar.

Last edited:
Makes sense considering he was one of the most productive wingers in Europe at the time. No real quality, just exclude his qualities and GA.
Oh he can flourish all he wants at Dortmund and in Bundesliga. That’s his niche. We have all seen what happens as soon as he comes out and plays in a more intense, physical and superior league and also on international level.

The guy is able to fool many of your likes with his GA running in an open field and doing some dribbles, that is clear but not all of us. Some of us can see gaping flaws in his game. But I hope top football clubs around Europe have the same vision as you and are after him this summer and are also naive enough to give us big money for him. But I seriously doubt that, unfortunately.

stellar player
Would be sad to see him leave, unless Dirtmund pay us 60m.
They are bad at finishing as well, maybe Greenwood could do something with that. Hmm

I am baffled and disappointed by Sancho in equal measure.

Sancho was one of the most productive wide forwards in Europe when we signed him. However, he has never shown anything close to that since.

I can't explain it. Clearly it's in him somewhere. That performance against PSG showed that. However, if we are honest, that's the only time in years he's looked like the player we signed. He's been bang average for both United and Dortmund since then.

You wouldn't need all your fingers to count the standout showings he's had in the past few seasons. Meh under Ole. Meh under Rangnick. Meh under Ten Hag. Meh back at Dortmund barring one game. He's completely fallen off. It's like another Dele Alli scenario.

Dunno what comes next for him.

Dortmund being Dortmund, never have the balls to win the final. R. Madrid atm is having the weakest squad in 3 decades and yet they beat Dortmund comfortably.

Sancho wasn't at his best game yesterday. That is ok because Ten Hag has not been at his best for nearly the entire season, expected to get the boot next week. Let's the new manager decides on Sancho's future.

Vinicius went to the goal line with a bit of skill, speed and drive to create the initial corner from which Sancho then gave away the ball for a second corner in quick succession. Then he finished the only chance and shot he had IIRC to score again in his second Champion League Final.

It's unfair to compare them two anyways as one plays for a much better team in Madrid, is a genuine Ballon D'or contender with incredible drive, end product and motivation whilst being endlessly mocked and racially abused. They were not as 'about effective'. One has shown he is a consistent threat with and without the ball, the other has shown he's a tidy playmaker when there are options.

Vinicius in the Dortmund team today would have created numerous problems against Carvahal/Mendy, the way Sancho didn't.

That's not a slight on Sancho because Vinicius is top 3 best players in the world but it's very generous to equate both of their performances as similar.

Vinicius is also an example of a player thriving under real adversity too with all the racism and abuse he suffers, with a complete lack of backing from refs, fans, other clubs and the league. He’s just far stronger mentally than Sancho and always tries to perform to the best of his abilities, despite the noise around him. Sancho just isn’t made the same, for whatever reason and reacts far more poorly to criticism than most professional footballers, even ones of alleged poorer quality.

So what now.. i guess they dont want him anymore after that final?

Despite all the smug, snide and cringeworthy public backing I can’t see them putting their money where their mouths is and actually making a reasonable offer for him, despite a belief that we’d let him go on the cheap just to clear him off the books

Oh he can flourish all he wants at Dortmund and in Bundesliga. That’s his niche. We have all seen what happens as soon as he comes out and plays in a more intense, physical and superior league and also on international level.

The guy is able to fool many of your likes with his GA running in an open field and doing some dribbles, that is clear but not all of us. Some of us can see gaping flaws in his game. But I hope top football clubs around Europe have the same vision as you and are after him this summer and are also naive enough to give us big money for him. But I seriously doubt that, unfortunately.

Do you think Thomas Muller, David Silva, Phil Foden are shit players too?

None of them are explosive, "rapid", "doesn't take on the fullback 1v1 in direct dribbles" etc etc

Yet those three are regarded as some of the best wide attackers in world football.

Football has moved on since 2007. The best wide attackers don't necessarily have to be fast, explosive, pacy, electric dribblers.

David Villa, Pedro, Silva, Mata, Foden, Muller, Bernardo Silva, carved out a different kind of wide attacker.

How rapid or explosive was Beckham? And how often did he beat his full back?

I mean, I agree with you. He's got zero qualities as a winger, but you can't argue with the numbers he was producing a few years ago

Getting dragged on twitter.
Doesn't help when Dortmund post crap like this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.