View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
let’s see if Dortmund back up their appreciation of him by paying for his transfer.

So does Sancho get a 25% wage cut for United not making champions league football or does he get it for helping Dortmund get champions league football? Is this the next drama to surround United and Sancho next season?

How rapid or explosive was Beckham? And how often did he beat his full back?

I mean, I agree with you. He's got zero qualities as a winger, but you can't argue with the numbers he was producing a few years ago

Beckham had a good turn of pace over the first 5 yards and he could regularly beat his man. If he couldn't he'd make sure he had half a yard to bend a cross around them. Plus he worked his arse off every game.

Sancho, can't cross, rarely beats his man and his work rate is questionable. A few years ago is gone and doesn't look like it's ever coming back, right now he's everything you don't want in a winger.

Hard to understand why he declined overnight. His first stint at Dortmund he was flying. He was productive, confident and there was a reason Utd splashed the cash.

Seems like the big move to Utd just killed his intrinsic motivation.

He has an excellent PR team, maybe same as Rashfords.

They do indeed have the same PR company
Getting dragged on twitter.
Doesn't help when Dortmund post crap like this though.

Urgh they’re such a dislikable club, so pleased they got beat yesterday.

Sancho is just being used as a tool to attack our club by rivals pundits and the section of our own fan base who love to hate on everything we do.

Despite all the praise none of these rival teams, Dortmund or whoever would pay good money for this guy.

3 goals and 3 assists in 20 games isn’t bad at all considering he wasn’t playing at all before then. A motm CL semi final isn’t bad either. Real are just the best team in the world. It’s boring by now but Sancho was also crap tonight. I think he gets one more chance here next season because we won’t loan him to Dortmund again.

Depends on who the manager is I suppose.

They do indeed have the same PR company

Urgh they’re such a dislikable club, so pleased they got beat yesterday.
He was didn’t really do much, this whole Pr resurgence is somewhat tragically based of a good game (not even that amazing) vs PSG.

So does Sancho get a 25% wage cut for United not making champions league football or does he get it for helping Dortmund get champions league football? Is this the next drama to surround United and Sancho next season?
Can’t see why that would have any impact on what Manchester United pay him. His contract would relate to his own clubs performances

Watching back and it was his careless lazy and languid pass that led to a needless giveaway of a corner for Carvajals goal.

Ironically after all the nonsense which started with him being too lazy to do an extra push up, it culminates with him thinking he has leveled up, but instead the same laziness costs him and his team at the clutch moment.

Struggling to see any potential suitors outside of Dortmund probably attempting another loan (the cheap fecks). Who outside of the Pl has a spare £40 million to risk on an inconsistent, highly paid winger? The two Madrid teams? PSG? Bayern? All seem very unlikely. Is there anyone else?

Even if he was amazing, there would've still been a small number of suiters.

No one abroad has the money and, even if a few do, they'll probably still look elsewhere.

Do you think Thomas Muller, David Silva, Phil Foden are shit players too?

None of them are explosive, "rapid", "doesn't take on the fullback 1v1 in direct dribbles" etc etc

Yet those three are regarded as some of the best wide attackers in world football.

Football has moved on since 2007. The best wide attackers don't necessarily have to be fast, explosive, pacy, electric dribblers.

David Villa, Pedro, Silva, Mata, Foden, Muller, Bernardo Silva, carved out a different kind of wide attacker.
which exact quality of these players does sancho also have outside of lack of pace, he does not have mata or silva's passing skills, muller or villa's positional sense or finishing, just because you are slow like a few worldclass players doesn't make you a worldclass player, thats like saying i am a genius because my hair is wild like einstein's.

Sancho can't beat his man, isn't a great passers, easily gets bullied off the ball, we got conned into paying for rubbish, just write it off and move on.

Looking forward to seeing the back of his weak and fragile mentality.

We'd take a big hit on FFP etc if we sold him, wouldn't we? I'm sure I read that him and Antony (I think, might have been Casemiro) being sold would put us over -£50m.
Sancho bought for £73m-ish on a 5 year contract in 2021, so 2 years left to run. So his net book value now would be ((73/5)*2) £29.2m. So anything less than that and we’re taking a loss on him from PSR/FFP view point.

that's embarrassing - hopefully, Dortmund show their commitment to Sancho by making an offer

when it comes to stumping up 30 or 40m they will likely devalue him

Sancho bought for £73m-ish on a 5 year contract in 2021, so 2 years left to run. So his net book value now would be ((73/5)*2) £29.2m. So anything less than that and we’re taking a loss on him from PSR/FFP view point.

Does salary not count into the cost, or only their transfer fee? I'm guessing Antony would be a bigger hit looking at that. I think we'd cover that £30m if we sold Sancho.

We should be making that back, he is still worth 40 million, I think the salary will be the issue, he won't want to take a paycut and nobody else is going to want to pay him that. So the club may have to cover the difference to get rid.

Lets hope we manage to sell him this summer and end the whole story. Would be good for Sancho and the club.

Maybe Dortmund can use some of that genocide sponsoring money they've received to put in an offer for this bum. I mean we clearly didn't know his worth apparently.

Does the loan fee Dortmund gave us contribute to his book value too? If so, it would reduce down to just under £25m.

Does the loan fee Dortmund gave us contribute to his book value too? If so, it would reduce down to just under £25m.
Loan fee would go into the amortisation cost for this season.

With his reported wage of £350k (let’s just assume £250k without the bonuses), the total cost is probably closer to £50m, so if we get rid at £15m ish and don’t sign anybody else then we would break even, but obviously we need to.

Loan fee would go into the amortisation cost for this season.

With his reported wage of £350k (let’s just assume £250k without the bonuses), the total cost is probably closer to £50m, so if we get rid at £15m ish and don’t sign anybody else then we would break even, but obviously we need to.
Ah okay, that makes sense.

That also explains why the Maguire transfer would've broken down last summer if he required a pay off.

It’s only going to be Dortmund (with another season on loan with a €20m optional buy clause or something stupid) or Saudi, isn’t it? I’m pretty sure no other club in Europe will pay what we will ask for.

He knew you were shite he knew you were shiiiiiite
Erik Ten Hag he knew you were shite!

Not really. We have earned some money for his loan, you may deduct these proceeds from 29.2m

which exact quality of these players does sancho also have outside of lack of pace, he does not have mata or silva's passing skills, muller or villa's positional sense or finishing, just because you are slow like a few worldclass players doesn't make you a worldclass player, thats like saying i am a genius because my hair is wild like einstein's.

Sancho can't beat his man, isn't a great passers, easily gets bullied off the ball, we got conned into paying for rubbish, just write it off and move on.

I would add Antony lacks pace as a wide player and is no where near the level of the aforementioned world class players like David Silva etc

I am baffled and disappointed by Sancho in equal measure.

Sancho was one of the most productive wide forwards in Europe when we signed him. However, he has never shown anything close to that since.

I can't explain it. Clearly it's in him somewhere. That performance against PSG showed that. However, if we are honest, that's the only time in years he's looked like the player we signed. He's been bang average for both United and Dortmund since then.

You wouldn't need all your fingers to count the standout showings he's had in the past few seasons. Meh under Ole. Meh under Rangnick. Meh under Ten Hag. Meh back at Dortmund barring one game. He's completely fallen off. It's like another Dele Alli scenario.

Dunno what comes next for him.

It's all about the mentality. He doesn't have it. Likes it easy and stress-free. Talent will never fulfill potential without hard work

I’m a Sancho fan and was looking at him to excel and show something different on such a stage to convince us of why we should keep him. Unlike some on here that are just thinking with emotions, it’s important to know we don’t have an endless pit of money for transfers this summer so if Sancho played in a way that demanded he be back in the team I’d take him in a heartbeat.

In saying that, yesterday was the same Old Sancho at United. He was a bit more engaged defensively but I fear his game is not varied enough to impact a game consistently. It’s all intricate passes and the occasional dribbles. Every now and then he can have a PSG type performance but for the most part you’ll just get neat and tidy performances but you never feel like he’s a match winner.

Olise is a similar type of player but unlike Sancho he has a lot more strings to his bow. He can cross, shoot from distance, take set pieces and is a very good long passer. I’d loan or sell Sancho and bring in Olise.

That’s scandalous by them. Showing their true colours here. Hopefully we’ll show them their Twitter post on a cinema projector when they come to the table regarding negotiations for a transfer. So you’ll happily pay back the 75 m then?

Hope to God Dortmund want him permanently. Even £40m is fine by me. Just get rid.

I think if we get 40m for him we should take it because thats also 350k a week saved on wages. I've not seen enough from him to convince me he is the solution. I do think he's a good player, has good potential but something feels like his motivation has gone, there were signs of this in last season at Dortmund if I remember correctly. Either way, 40m could pave the way for Olisse, we need to be thinking of the future and shipping out players that were part of a rotten culture at United.

There has to be mileage in just bringing him back assuming Ten Hag goes, it's not like if we get £40 million for him it'll help us that much budget wise, as a good chunk of that will still be outstanding on the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.