It's Coming Home watch 2024 - We go again in the USA!

I watched bsck the goals from the last Euros last night and what struck me was that despite reaching the final, England were absolutely shite the whole way through the tournament.

I watched bsck the goals from the last Euros last night and what struck me was that despite reaching the final, England were absolutely shite the whole way through the tournament.

I'll have you know we were pretty good in the QF against Ukraine, an excellent side who breezed through the groups as the 4th best 3rd place finisher courtesy of a sole 2-1 victory against the mighty North Macedonia.

I'll have you know we were pretty good in the QF against Ukraine, an excellent side who breezed through the groups as the 4th best 3rd place finisher courtesy of a sole 2-1 victory against the mighty North Macedonia.

This is true. I stand corrected.

Thank goodness they haven't over diluted/complicated the competition. Otherwise you might end up with a team winning it with a record of say for example, only being able to beat Wales inside 90 minutes amd drawing every other game

And still lost in the end :lol:

When other countries do it, like say France in 2018, they at least have the decency to win

It’s that time of year where all of the Manchester United fans get to explain how much they hate England.

It’s that time of year where all of the Manchester United fans get to explain how much they hate England.
I mean I’m Scottish, I have an English grandmother but I’d root for North Korea before England. I actually used to support the England national team until June 2012, when I was like “what the feck am I doing, supporting England instead of my home country” and began supporting Scotland like a normal Scottish human being.

I mean I’m Scottish, I have an English grandmother but I’d root for North Korea before England. I actually used to support the England national team until June 2012, when I was like “what the feck am I doing, supporting England instead of my home country” and began supporting Scotland like a normal Scottish human being.
Fair play. I have to admit, I don’t mind any of the home nations, except for Wales. Watching their first team squad sitting around the telly, and celebrating like they had actually achieved something themselves when England were knocked out, left me with no respect for them.

I either want England to do really well or completely embarass themselves. Nothing in between. I support them but the fall out just has an entertainment factor attached to it.

I only hated them when the captain was a racist and we all just had to pretend it was ok while at the same time lecturing other countries about racist fans.

France weren't bad?
They played terrible football. England were good at Euro 2021 too, just played terrible football.

Note: this wasn't a coincidence, Southgate modeled England 2021 on France 2018

I either want England to do really well or completely embarass themselves. Nothing in between. I support them but the fall out just has an entertainment factor attached to it.

I only hated them when the captain was a racist and we all just had to pretend it was ok while at the same time lecturing other countries about racist fans.
Thank feck our racist cnut got injured before the euros :o

Still a very bad look for spalletti to even call him in the preliminary team, but I can root for my team despite him

Despite 10 Hag's job being safe(r) I want Southgate to fail miserably so he never gets mentioned for a top flight job ever again.
Mon the Jockos!

Fair play. I have to admit, I don’t mind any of the home nations, except for Wales. Watching their first team squad sitting around the telly, and celebrating like they had actually achieved something themselves when England were knocked out, left me with no respect for them.
Yasss!
I didn't know they done this :lol:

it’s germany’s fault for putting the match on at 9pm on a sunday. a weekend long bender is a delicate balance between carling and packet and expecting thousands to get it right is nothing more than gross incompetence.

It’s that time of year to wind up English fans. It’s so easy, though and they take the bait every tournament