Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Idxomer

Incredible that they need to issue a statement like this.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://www.theguardian.com/world/a...nd-defiance-over-gaza-protests-on-us-campuses

“At the beginning people took these demonstrations pretty lightly … but now they are seen as evidence of how the progressive camp in liberal democracies can take over the public agenda and use it to attack Israel or whatever Israel does,” said Prof Tamar Hermann, a political scientist at the Israel Democracy Institute in Jerusalem.
“People see that [protesters] put all Israelis in the same basket and [there is] so much false information that even opponents of the [current Israeli] government can’t accept it. They are united in their resentment of these protests abroad.”

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I have to believe this juxtaposition was intentional:
accusations that Israel was committing genocide – a staple of chants and posters at recent US protests – had shocked many Israelis, particularly on the left.

More than 34,600 people have died in Gaza in the Israeli military offensive, mostly women and children, according to local health authorities.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Dunno how to unroll the whole thread but it’s a useful overview of latest developments.

Idxomer

I can't wait till Blinken tells us again that Hamas is the obstacle when pretty much everyone connected to the negotiations knows that the only obstacle is Netanyahu and his religious fanatics.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I can't wait till Blinken tells us again that Hamas is the obstacle when pretty much everyone connected to the negotiations knows that the only obstacle is Netanyahu and his religious fanatics.
We’re at that stage where anything that comes from the US should be immediately dismissed and independently analysed as we do with the Israelis. The US have been fabricating and gaslighting from the start.

Idxomer

We’re at that stage where anything that comes from the US should be immediately dismissed and independently analysed as we do with the Israelis. The US have been fabricating and gaslighting from the start.
And every round is more shameless than the last one. The next one will be extra special because it will be on the back of them signing off on the Rafah massacres.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
The incident raised serious concerns inside the Israeli government and sent officials scrambling to understand why the shipment was held, Israeli officials said.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

Second time I've seen a report saying this, first time was months ago. Hamas wants him out, PA and Israel don't.
Also based on polling he is the one candidate who would comfortably defeat any other Fatah or any Hamas leader in an election.