Israel - Iran and regional players | Please post respectfully

They got schooled in 2006 and went home with their tail between their legs and that was 18 years ago. The IDF's an army of war criminals conscripts that only knows how to kill unarmed civilians. As soon as it comes to a real fight, they're nowhere to be seen, bar a few specialized and highly professional professional units.

Without the US there's no chance for Israel to successfully take on Hezbollah.

Errr what do you base this opinion on?

2006 was much more of a coin operation than a conventional war, which Israeli planners predicted horribly wrong.

That was what led to the poor performance. Soldier performance in 2006 was studied quite heavily and though some unprofessionalism was found there was nothing startling.

I wonder if the arrest warrants for bib et al for genocide have pre tempted this.

Errr what do you base this opinion on?

2006 was much more of a coin operation than a conventional war, which Israeli planners predicted horribly wrong.

That was what led to the poor performance. Soldier performance in 2006 was studied quite heavily and though some unprofessionalism was found there was nothing startling.
Well summarized, tbh.

The Hezbollah resistance was indeed much, much tougher than what the Israelis expected.

I maintain that the IDF got way too accustomed to police repression operations and "fight" a largely outpowered adversary without any means to retaliate. If the coming war against Hezbollah is anything to go by, an already battle fatigued IDF will have to rely on not so well trained conscripts and face a significant amount of casualties without any guarantee of victory, and I doubt that the IAF overwhelming superiority will decisively shift the balance.

Just my opinion.

Guardian: Yemen’s Houthi group has agreed to allow tugboats and rescue ships to access a damaged crude oil tanker in the Red Sea, Iran’s mission to the United Nations said, after the Iranian-aligned militants attacked the Greek-flagged vessel last week.

How the hell can an unidentified country launches dozens of rocket in 2024?

You'd be sure by now at least from where it's launched and which country responsible for it.

This apparently just happend, so I'm sure more about where it came from will be revealed in the coming hours.

Early reports are saying it may be from Yemen.

Israeli media reporting it coming from Yemen as a fact, actually.

They speak of a balistic missle, not dozens of them. Fell on an open piece of land.
Damaged a train station (either the missle itself or debris from intercepting missles that tried taking it down).

Israeli media reporting it coming from Yemen as a fact, actually.

They speak of a balistic missle, not dozens of them. Fell on an open piece of land.
Damaged a train station (either the missle itself or debris from intercepting missles that tried taking it down).

So just one missile fired? Or just one got through? The reports I have seen have said dozens, one even said hundreds but that was clearly a huge exaggeration.

Another report I just saw is saying several (trying to find the Tweet for it)

So just one missile fired? Or just one got through? The reports I have seen have said dozens, one even said hundreds but that was clearly a huge exaggeration.

Another report I just saw is saying several (trying to find the Tweet for it)

Well, they are reporting of just one.
There's probably always a narrative.

Whenever Hezbollah fires dozens of missles, they report it as it is.

In this instance, if indeed several of them have been launched,
maybe they are trying to downplay it because for one reason or another,
Bibi doesn't want to strike in Yemen once more.

I can only guess.

It now says that the missle has been intercepted, while previousy it's been reported that it actually managed to evade the defense systems.

Well, they are reporting of just one.
There's probably always a narrative.

Whenever Hezbollah fires dozens of missles, they report it as it is.

In this instance, if indeed several of them have been launched,
maybe they are trying to downplay it because for one reason or another,
Bibi doesn't want to strike in Yemen once more.

I can only guess.

It now says that the missle has been intercepted, while previousy it's been reported that it actually managed to evade the defense systems.

Thanks for that. I think from what I can gather is the map shown with the red markers is actually showing areas where air raid sirens are going off as they are all where the missile could potentially strike. Not markers showing individual areas from rockets that are tracked to hit those areas as some outlets have clearly been reporting. Although in fairness I'm shattered and haven't got my glasses on so reading the subtitles on some of the videos I was watching was a bit difficult.

Regardless, the last thing needed is anymore escalation or more reasons for further retaliation. I hope you stay safe mate.

I love it when people claim their missiles are "Hypersonic" as the latest buzzword.

By definition of the word, Hypersonic, almost every single damn ballistic missile is hypersonic. The definition of hypersonic is literally it reaches Mach 5 and beyond.

All ballistic missiles with any meaningful range reaches a atmospheric ceiling then starts to accelerate to the ground (sometimes with aid of a booster), and most of them reach Mach5 and beyond. Iraqi SCUDS in the 1980's are hypersonic by that definition.

What military staffers actually mean when they say hypersonic are one of two things:

1) A air breathing, scramjet engine powered Cruise missile that can move and manoeuvre at Mach 5+ at SEA LEVEL. Nobody other than the US has achieved this yet, and the US still doesn't have it in active service because they're figuring out some kinks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypersonic_Attack_Cruise_Missile

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mako_(missile)

2) A hypersonic glide vehicle which allows for Ballistic missiles to reach very high speeds but also allow for movement, sensors and adjustments on the fly. Russia, China and US all have this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-Range_Hypersonic_Weapon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YJ-21

Although Russia's claims are very, very dubious, and China doesn't publish test data with any degree of transparency.

How the hell did they even pull that off? Did they have a guy on the inside handing out pagers loaded with explosives?

2750 people injured! Sounded like pretty serious explosions too.

My guess - frequency overload that heated the batteries and caused them to explode
When Israel did something to sabotage the tech supporting Iran’s nuclear programme I seem to remember similar. Rather than a virus, they made things catch fire.

It must have. What else could do this except for the batteries exploding? The only alternative is if Israel (or whoever) somehow managed to infiltrate their supply lines and make them distribute thousands of bombs disguised as functioning pagers - and I doubt it.

I genuinely think they might have infiltrated the supply routes. Hezbollah can't exactly purchase easily on the open market and the fact they're using pagers is probably because they are less hackable than higher tech modern alternatives (might be wrong). Mossad infiltration is off the charts, probably have agents in MI6. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold Hezbollah a shit load of pagers with bombs in them.

I genuinely think they might have infiltrated the supply routes. Hezbollah can't exactly purchase easily on the open market and the fact they're using pagers is probably because they are less hackable than higher tech modern alternatives (might be wrong). Mossad infiltration is off the charts, probably have agents in MI6. Wouldn't be surprised if they sold Hezbollah a shit load of pagers with bombs in them.

If so, that's a film in a few years.

The only alternative is if Israel (or whoever) somehow managed to infiltrate their supply lines and make them distribute thousands of bombs disguised as functioning pagers - and I doubt it.

The Tweet above you seems to suggest otherwise and that was indeed how they are doing it. But my problem with that is covered in another post above.... It's not a precision attack. How do they know innocent men, women and children will be the ones injured or killed? What about innocent people stood close by in a crowd? Or partners holding hands or cuddling etc?

Sounds a great idea if they could absolutely guarantee it was only terrorists that were harmed, but as with Israel's tactics elsewhere they don't give a shit anyway. Everyone is acceptable collateral damage in their eyes.

Eight-year-old girl among those killed in pager explosion attacks, health minister says​

Lebanon’s health minister Firas al-Abyad has just concluded a press conference in Beirut.
Here are the key takeaways from his remarks:
  • Eight people have been killed in the attacks.
  • Among them is an eight-year-old girl from the Bekaa Valley.
  • At least 2,750 people have been wounded.
  • More than 200 of those injured are in critical condition.
  • Around 100 hospitals have received incoming casualties across the country.
  • Hospitals in the south have exceeded their capacity and the ministry is working on transferring injuries to be treated in facilities elsewhere in the country.
  • The majority of the injuries recorded so far are either to the face or arms – and in some cases, the abdomen.
From Aljazeera.

This attack is so insane that it's hard to comprehend that they managed to pull it off.

Devices close to kids' heads/upper bodies going off is so sick beyond belief and once again they will be the real victims.

If so, that's a film in a few years.
I mean the shit Mossad has achieved across the middle east is crazy - e.g the remote control car with a remote control gatlin gun that assassinated the Iranian general deep in the middle of Iran a few years ago… nuts.

I mean the shit Mossad has achieved across the middle east is crazy - e.g the remote control car with a remote control gatlin gun that assassinated the Iranian general deep in the middle of Iran a few years ago… nuts.

Stuxnet is still probably the most bizarre Mossad operation.

Its a lot of small explosions, not one big. You could see in the videos that all detonations were pretty much contained to who carried the device

I know, but there is a BIG difference between a small device catching fire followed by a small "poof" and a loud explosion.