IPL 2016

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Chris Jordan is completely illiterate. Why is he presenting on sky sports? I'd rather listen to Rooney.

zing

Zingle balls
True, but I do feel sorry for him.

http://thewire.in/2016/04/12/a-series-of-unfortunate-events-and-harsha-bhogles-ouster-29047/

Suresh Menon seems to agree with you, very good piece.
When BCCI bullied South Africa, Harsha Bhogle wrote an article criticizing CSA for not having the foresight to have diverse revenue streams.

He also was on Twitter saying something like how big empires have survived because they ruled by tyranny.

During the recent World T20 when the smaller nations complained about the ICC's shitty format, he tweeted about how there are opportunities everywhere for the hungry if they look for it.

He's a good commentator, but it's funny for me that it happened to him.

He didn't have to criticize the BCCI in all the above cases, he was getting paid by them.. all he had to do was keep quiet instead of sounding like a sanctimonious twat.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
What a game today. Treated to an absolute batting master class from both ABD and Virat Kohli. Absolute beast this team especially if they get back Badree and Starc. My adopted team this year with a very good start.

RDCR07

Their bowling is the exact opposite
For now. Not sure when Starc is coming back but Badree is back soon. Addition of Shane Watson was a huge huge plus for them. Plus they score an average of 195 last year at home. That is just cheating. Even with shit bowlers you can win those type of games because there is so much pressure on the batsmen to go for everything and they make mistakes. The problem will be choosing between two of Watson, Badree and Starc as your two foreign players because you know for sure ABD and Gayle are always going to get the nod.

Last edited:

RDCR07

Plus this fantasy site has the been the worst ever I have used. Its only worked 1 day out of the past 5.

sport2793

If RCB get Starc back they're favorites for me, partly because the rest of the league has weakened a bit. Watson changes the equation for them since he gives them proper middle order batting for the first time + another 4 good overs. Chahal, Starc, and Watson would take care of 12 overs then they would have to manage the other 8 which isn't bad at all. Badree would also be an upgrade over Milne. I don't see Badree and Starc playing together as they wouldn't want to drop any of Gayle, AB, or Watson.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Badree starc Watson and AB should be RCB four foreigners IMO. Gayle will give you one good innings out of ten but not worth it.

RDCR07

Badree starc Watson and AB should be RCB four foreigners IMO. Gayle will give you one good innings out of ten but not worth it.
That is debatable. Firstly the crowd love Gayle. They come to see him score some runs. They want some entertainment and he can give it to them. Secondly their batting will be wrecked if Gayle doesn't play and one of Kohli or ABD don't fire. If one of them gets out early and if Gayle isn't in the lineup, then they are fecked. Another thing is who opens? Wickets they can somehow get if they score big like they around 200 because batsmen will make more mistakes in this format of the game.

RDCR07

Genuine question, does Pandya make the team as a batsman or a bowler?
Neither. He is a pile of shit fit only for these T20 games. He should never play for India at the international level because he is stunningly shit at both batting and bowling, especially bowling. Rahane and Manish Pandey should be ahead of him every single time.

RDCR07

MI have rested Simmons. Don't know why you would rest your best batsman when you start slow?

prath92

Indian maxwell yusuf Pathan to come next? Or someone more reliable like surya kumar Yadav?

MDFC Manager

These are 2 teams I love to hate, just because of the assholes they have as their captains :D

RDCR07

They have still to get one over from someone else. Could be the great Pandya. Have to take advantage of his bowling.

prath92

Pathan is so dumb.

Maxwell is twice the player. Pathan is very very shit.
Shane warne called Pathan the best hitter he has seen after Andrew symonds. So no, he isn't shit at all. Yusuf was one of the best hitters especially in the first 3-4 IPLs during his Rajasthan days. Maxwell is not better at all, let alone twice the player. He had a good first season and struggled last season when people knew how to bowl to him. Yusuf once scored boundaries in 10 consecutive balls and scored 100 off 36 and all. Currently due to the 10 years or so age difference Maxwell may seem more agile but it would be extremely surprising if he is still around 5 years from now.

Varun

Staff
Shane warne called Pathan the best hitter he has seen after Andrew symonds. So no, he isn't shit at all. Yusuf was one of the best hitters especially in the first 3-4 IPLs during his Rajasthan days. Maxwell is not better at all, let alone twice the player. He had a good first season and struggled last season when people knew how to bowl to him. Yusuf once scored boundaries in 10 consecutive balls and scored 100 off 36 and all. Currently due to the 10 years or so age difference Maxwell may seem more agile but it would be extremely surprising if he is still around 5 years from now.
Warne in talking up a teammate shocker. Seriously, it's so ridiculous to even think that he's the 2nd best hitter or anywhere close. He isn't even the best hitter in the current KKR team. He knows just 1 thing, slogging length balls bowled at 130 odd. Change the pace or the length and he's clueless. I saw the innings you are talking about btw it was awesome but he was an unknown entity back then. Has been found out since and been clueless.

prath92

Warne in talking up a teammate shocker. Seriously, it's so ridiculous to even think that he's the 2nd best hitter or anywhere close. He isn't even the best hitter in the current KKR team. He knows just 1 thing, slogging length balls bowled at 130 odd. Change the pace or the length and he's clueless. I saw the innings you are talking about btw it was awesome but he was an unknown entity back then. Has been found out since and been clueless.
That innings was in 2010, 3rd edition of the IPL. He was part of the 2007 and 2009 WC squads as well. Hardly an unknown entity. Maxwell and pollard are more in the 'found out' category than him tbh.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Kuldeep looks good. Really like the number of Indian spinners on show. Hope some of them become good enough for Tests.

Pandya is still shite mind.

Varun

Staff
That innings was in 2010, 3rd edition of the IPL. He was part of the 2007 and 2009 WC squads as well. Hardly an unknown entity. Maxwell and pollard are more in the 'found out' category than him tbh.
Ah, thought it was the 2nd edition. Still, that's just 1 innings. I don't remember the last time he was useful and I follow KKR. He's worthless as you just need to ensure the ball is over waist height. Pollard and Maxwell are both twice as valuable in T20s, not sure how it's even debatable tbh. Both are match winners for their sides, Pathan is just living off past glory.

Varun

Staff
Kuldeep looks good. Really like the number of Indian spinners on show. Hope some of them become good enough for Tests.

Pandya is still shite mind.
Pandya has a smugness about him as well.

prath92

Ah, thought it was the 2nd edition. Still, that's just 1 innings. I don't remember the last time he was useful and I follow KKR. He's worthless as you just need to ensure the ball is over waist height. Pollard and Maxwell are both twice as valuable in T20s, not sure how it's even debatable tbh. Both are match winners for their sides, Pathan is just living off past glory.
I struggle to remember the last time pollard played a decent innings. Maxwell too had been poor last season and Pathan was better than maxwell last season too.