IPL 2016

prath92

Maxwell needs Ashwin to score runs. Miller is still living off the century he made 3-4 years back. Axar Patel is like the poor man's Jadeja but can't bowl or bat.

Punjab in a nutshell

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This year is going to be between KKR and GL. RCB must bat well and score either close to or over 200 in just about every game to have a chance to compete with the top two, at least till their top 2 bowlers get back.

prath92

Obviously. Got struck in the head, was clueless against the short ball, started swinging at everything, got some lucky boundaries, got out.
He has a test 100 I think. Not sure if he is a t20 player though.

RDCR07

There is no way MI is losing this game especially at home. Plus RCB dont have the bowling attack to defend this target.

NinjaFletch

Chasing has always been easier in T20 cricket, just that gaps been exaggerated by teams actually realising it.

Daft batting more like. Irresponsible finishing job by raina. Was 50(34) and finished with 70(50) in the 20th over. A 20(16) when you are set is criminal
I didn't watch the game, but it seemed from following it that he was forced to be circumspect on a tricky pitch due to wickets falling at the other end?

RDCR07

Daft IPL. You chase you win...
I think its more of a case where teams actually choke in the 2nd ten overs. So many teams have gotten off to good starts by going at almost 10 runs a over in the first 8-9 overs with a loss of just one or two wickets. And they end their innings with a score of around 140-160 which is absolutely criminal given the start some of these teams get.

Last edited:

prath92

Chasing has always been easier in T20 cricket, just that gaps been exaggerated by teams actually realising it.

I didn't watch the game, but it seemed from following it that he was forced to be circumspect on a tricky pitch due to wickets falling at the other end?
He did but it was the wrong time to circumspect. It was in the death overs and he had to at least go for it. No point preserving the wicket till the last over while taking singles. Should have been a little more innovative.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Asking from a neutral perspective, is it just because it's the beginning of the tournament or has the noise around the IPL significantly reduced?

Moonred

Asking from a neutral perspective, is it just because it's the beginning of the tournament or has the noise around the IPL significantly reduced?
I feel the same. Could be multiple factors of general burn out of T20, lack of close matches, Corruption and subsequent removal of Franchises, lack of an identity surrounding most teams with constant chop and change over the years and also probably because it's early stages. I wouldn't have bothered much apart from keeping a tab on KKR if I wasn't playing the fantasy league with a bunch of my friends.

Norris

NinjaFletch

This should make it an interesting game I think. I have this feeling that the RSPG top 4 are too one-dimensional, like they'll get you 160 every game but won't win you it, so will be interesting to see how they go chasing a bigger score.

RDCR07

This should make it an interesting game I think. I have this feeling that the RSPG top 4 are too one-dimensional, like they'll get you 160 every game but won't win you it, so will be interesting to see how they go chasing a bigger score.
The RCB bowling attack will definitely help them.

Norris

I don't ever remember Kohli and Abd being so consistently good in previous seasons. Shame their bowling is a let down.

RDCR07

Kohli has been way too slow today. He is only going at run a ball. Faced 50 deliveries so far.

NinjaFletch

When your top 3 face 118 of the 120 balls you should score 200+ every time imo.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Are RCB playing just 3 foreigners?

If they lose this i just give up. But that bowling is horrific so they probably will. They average over 180 ffs.