Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

@Andycoleno9, no mention of us :)

Croatia maybe last 16 but you guys seem to have lost motivation since WC given your results and of course Modric and co in midfield in their 30s so I can't see the dominance you had in WC being repeated. Let's remember the decade after 1998 WC....

BTW how has Kalinic looked in goal these two games? I've been a bit underwhelmed with what I've seen of him for us and Jed Steer has done little wrong since going in so think he'll be our number 1 for remainder of the season.

Croatia maybe last 16 but you guys seem to have lost motivation since WC given your results and of course Modric and co in midfield in their 30s so I can't see the dominance you had in WC being repeated. Let's remember the decade after 1998 WC....

BTW how has Kalinic looked in goal these two games? I've been a bit underwhelmed with what I've seen of him for us and Jed Steer has done little wrong since going in so think he'll be our number 1 for remainder of the season.
We don't look good right now but when the big thing starts we'll be there. :)
Kalinić has looked unconvincing to say the least. Against Hungary he conceded two soft goals, one worse than the other and generally he should be dropped. Not playing for Villa has done him a lot of harm it seems.

Glad that Sterling scored to shut those Neanderthals up. There should be a point deduction for teams that have fans racially abusing players.
Could have predicted it before the start of the game. Danny Rose had it badly in Serbia as well for the under-21s and now this. Of course its still not fully eradicated in England but its always the odd nutter shouting something daft. Away games in Europe it seems to be entire stands chanting racism at players.

Fine the club/Football authority. Give the money directly to the players. It would stop overnight.
Glad that Sterling scored to shut those Neanderthals up. There should be a point deduction for teams that have fans racially abusing players.

Fine the club/Football authority. Give the money directly to the players. It would stop overnight.

A country that repeatedly can't control their fans, should be banned from all forms of international football friendly or competitive until they sort their shite out.

It's all too predictable. England play well in some qualifiers, rock up at the tournament with hopes of winning, then crash out in the quarters with a pathetic performance against a rank outsider.

Seen it all before, won't get my hopes up until we're actually in a final, having played decent football to get there.

Have to say since Gareth Southgate took charge, i enjoy watching England more than i ever have.

Before we have these manager who like to pass it backwards, 2010 world cup was a good reminder when the chap Matty Upson got into the other half when we were losing, he then turned and passed it back to the goalkeeper, that same year another player got into the opponents half and then kicked a long ball straight out for a goal kick,

It's almost like Gareth has gone in and thought - i'll set out with my own style and if we lose and i get sacked - so be it.

The players have freedom and seem to go out there knowing that they can make things happen rather than going out with a negative outlook, it's soo refreshing.

In the past years i've easily criticised the national team, but now if we lost a game i think i'd find it pretty hard to be critical of them.

It probably won't be long until the media go and ruin by tipping us to win everything and then that expectation will filter through to the players.

But i don't care if we win a World Cup or a Euro or not, as long as we keep playing this refreshing lets go and have a go style of football, without being afraid of making changes unlike previous regimes having favourites who were on the team sheet for name not form.

Come On You Lions!

Noticed it took a 93rd minute own goal for Ukraine to win in Luxembourg which surprised me as I thought Luxembourg were San Marino level. While they're not exactly great it turns out they're a fair bit better than that. They used to be like San Marino but have been 80-odd in the rankings for the past couple of years and beat Lithuania in their opener.

They might've won it themselves based on the highlights
http://hlfc.videostreamlet.net/embed/GhJQuXhQDE

An unusual team to be talking about, just thought it was good how they've improved a bit.I like an underdog.

A country that repeatedly can't control their fans, should be banned from all forms of international football friendly or competitive until they sort their shite out.
First of all, all credits to England for how they resolved problems with hooligans. But this is not that simple. It is "easy" to deal with that kind of problem. But how to deal with racism and other similiar speech crimes?
30000 fans come to the game. You have 10 racist idiots. How to stop one idiot to make racist chant? Why to punish players and other normal fans because of that 10 idiots? Imo, punishment like playing on empty stadium or kicking out team from competition is not good solution. On that way idiots win. True and normal fans lose.

First of all, all credits to England how they resolved problem with hooligans But this is not that simple. It is "easy" to deal with that kind of problem. But how to deal with racism and other similiar speech crimes?
30000 fans come to the game. You have 10 racists idiots. How to stop one idiot to make racist chant? Why to punish players and other normal fans because of that 10 idiots? Imo, punishment like playing on empty stadium or kicking out team from competition is not good solution. On that way idiots win. True and normal fans lose.
If you punish the good fans, then they will make sure the racist fans will not do it again.

If you punish the good fans, then they will make sure the racist fans will not do it again.

If you punish the good fans, it will have no influence on the bad one. They can't make sure that the racists won't do it again.

The stadium bans and points docking are to encourage the local football associations to take action. They can start anti-racism campaigns as a soft option or stadium ban fans for life that are caught racially abusing players. With modern technology it isn't hard to do.

You are wrong there. Our normal fans tried that on Euro when we played against Czech rep. To be clear, we don't have problem with racism but with chauvinism, we do. And it was disaster. Total mess. At the end, that normal fans were labelled as hooligans because they wanted to stop that chants.
If you have drunk group of idiots who make racist or chauvinistic chants, you can't just say to them "please stop".

It's all too predictable. England play well in some qualifiers, rock up at the tournament with hopes of winning, then crash out in the quarters with a pathetic performance against a rank outsider.

Seen it all before, won't get my hopes up until we're actually in a final, having played decent football to get there.

Is this a quote from 2011 or something?

If you can't see the difference between the current generation of England and those of the last 10 years then there's no hope for you. They've already well at a major tournament and performed well in the biggest competition in football history, The Nations League!

"I'm not getting my hopes up until we're actually in a final" :lol: so you took no joy out of last summer then? I pity you a bit, because it was fantastic to experience.

Is this a quote from 2011 or something?

If you can't see the difference between the current generation of England and those of the last 10 years then there's no hope for you. They've already well at a major tournament and performed well in the biggest competition in football history, The Nations League!

"I'm not getting my hopes up until we're actually in a final" :lol: so you took no joy out of last summer then? I pity you a bit, because it was fantastic to experience.

Last year was the same old, though. Aside from winning a penalty shoot-out. Lost to the only other decent side in the group, got a lucky draw, came through on penalties against a side we should beat 9 times out of 10 then lose against another side we should be beating in both the semi and the 3rd place play-off.

I remember all the hype surrounding our 5-1 away win against Germany. Can't help but feel this current hype will end the same way.

Very much enjoying this young England team, still a bit behind France i'd say but we should be right up there by the time the Euro's come round as long as we can keep this momemtum going. Exciting times.
It's coming home! :D

Last year was the same old, though. Aside from winning a penalty shoot-out. Lost to the only other decent side in the group, got a lucky draw, came through on penalties against a side we should beat 9 times out of 10 then lose against another side we should be beating in both the semi and the 3rd place play-off.

I remember all the hype surrounding our 5-1 away win against Germany. Can't help but feel this current hype will end the same way.

aww you absolute misery :lol: shame for you really.

So you think that it should be normal thing to beat Belgium and Croatia, destroy Colombia and Sweden and Tunisia and Panama are like "do they even play football"?

aww you absolute misery :lol: shame for you really.

Imagine him sat there during the euphoria of last Summer telling people to calm down.

So what we won a penalty shootout, we should be beating these in normal time, as everyone around him is going mental celebrating.

What a miserable sod :lol:

England are actually a team for a change. No huge ego the manager is forced to build around, a lot of interchangeable players.

The 2000 generation with Beckham and co had so much talent but they allowed star names far too much sway in how the team played. Beckham smashing 70 yard passes every time he got the ball while the likes of Scholes was reduced to chasing knock downs. Such a waste of talent in that time, weak management with no true identity in how they wanted to play. Southgate has brought that team focus and his willlingness to give young players a chance in a positive environment is paying off.

Noticed it took a 93rd minute own goal for Ukraine to win in Luxembourg which surprised me as I thought Luxembourg were San Marino level. While they're not exactly great it turns out they're a fair bit better than that. They used to be like San Marino but have been 80-odd in the rankings for the past couple of years and beat Lithuania in their opener.

An unusual team to be talking about, just thought it was good how they've improved a bit.I like an underdog.
Watched the full 90 minutes of this (as my wife is Ukrainian, so we watched both that and the England game). Luxembourg played some lovely football and the manager is clearly wringing the most out of what he has at his disposal. They were the better side and were the more likely team to nick it at the end.

This is what depressed entitlement looks like. Some of the scousers are trapped under it still even with Klopp. ‘Typical underachieving us to lose a CL final and now we’re gonna bottle the league as well, I told you so.’ But almost all of them are in fact able to enjoy these times, because they know they are not the worlds or England’s biggest club by default.

England had their second, third or fourth best tournament ever this summer, both looking at results and play. That’s over- not underachieving.

Luxembourg have really improved in the last five years and only the top teams (France, Spain, England, Germany, Italy, Portugal, Belgium, Netherlands & Croatia) will surely beat them.....all other teams will have tough games against them.

To see Dudelange in the Europa League was great too.

It really irks me how hard I will find it to watch my own country play tonight.

Ireland VS Georgia.

Three things certain in life. Taxes, death and Ireland VS Georgia! We seem to get them every qualifying campaign.

First of all, all credits to England for how they resolved problems with hooligans. But this is not that simple. It is "easy" to deal with that kind of problem. But how to deal with racism and other similiar speech crimes?
30000 fans come to the game. You have 10 racist idiots. How to stop one idiot to make racist chant? Why to punish players and other normal fans because of that 10 idiots? Imo, punishment like playing on empty stadium or kicking out team from competition is not good solution. On that way idiots win. True and normal fans lose.
Didn't you say during the World Cup that you dislike the Enland National Team because of the arrogrance of the English media?