Internationals March (Euro Qualifiers + Friendlies)

I know next to nothing about north macedonia but we have an experienced team which might favour us.

But as I said I wouldn’t be the least surprised if we manage to screw up... the next away game against israel on Sunday will be interesting
I told you :wenger:

A North Macedonia win in Slovenia later then Austria will have already serious problems :nervous:

Who would be favourite if McLeish is binned? They really need a younger manager with new ideas. Not the same old faces.
Russell scores the second.

Most of the Scotland team look as though they have forgotten how to actually play football :lol:
Robertson is probably above that criticism

San Marino are pretty good, not exactly a shock that they're making Scotland look poor.

They were much better than everyone in the Nations League, the results were deceiving.

They're not the same team they were 50 qualification games ago, the improvement is clear. They're going to do well throughout this qualification, just watch.

Looks like Croatia have lost motivation since WC, guess their side is also getting older. 2-1 down in Hungary.

Germany's Starting XI :wenger:

Neuer - Rüdiger, Süle, Ginter - Kehrer, Goretzka, Kimmich, Kroos, Schulz - Gnabry, Sane

What a weird lineup. Also lacking quality all over the pitch aside from their midfield 3. Neuer still starting. Hope they lose

No idea. Darren Fletcher was asking that before the game. Seems mad. They keep saying they have good players, at what level though?

Ryan Fraser as good as Brooks is for Bournemouth.

Tierney is decent although should move to England by now. Expect to see him at Leicester soon.

McGinn is great for us although unproven in premier league obviously.

McTominey played his part in good Man. United performances lately.

They also don't call up players who've had good season, Matt Ritchie is decent player who can chip in with goals for Newcastle and Snodgrass has been good for West Ham this year.

It's obviously not a world class team but I'd say it's on a par if not stronger in some areas than what both Ireland's put out and yet those two usually are in or closer to play offs than Scotland.

Tierney is decent although should move to England by now. Expect to see him at Leicester soon.

They also don't call up players who've had good season, Matt Ritchie is decent player who can chip in with goals for Newcastle and Snodgrass has been good for West Ham this year.

It's obviously not a world class team but I'd say it's on a par if not stronger in some areas than what both Ireland's put out and yet those two usually are in or closer to play offs than Scotland.
Then they make terrible managerial choices or the team does not have the spirit it should. The fans are booing.

Think they've consistently had bad managers for a while now, Strachan for the last WC qualification particularly was really poor with his lineups and style of play. As you say not an amazing squad but they need someone like Michael O'Neill for Northern Ireland who's made NI pretty competitive on the international scene with a similar calibre of players to Scotland.

Croatia losing to Hungary is a pretty big result. Opens up qualification in Wales' group to 4 teams, but I'd imagine it'd most likely be Croatia and Wales, but this gives Wales a pretty good start towards topping the group (not sure if that means anything for seeds or not).

Then they make terrible managerial choices or the team does not have the spirit it should. The fans are booing.

Certainly spirit/team morale is an issue. They had players refusing to play on artifical pitches which is why Fraser didn't play the Kazhak game. It reminds me of Wales under Toshack.

Also feel there's a lack of vision in the Scottish game, they still play archaic style which is coached by their better managers e.g. Moyes.

Croatia losing to Hungary is a pretty big result. Opens up qualification in Wales' group to 4 teams, but I'd imagine it'd most likely be Croatia and Wales, but this gives Wales a pretty good start towards topping the group (not sure if that means anything for seeds or not).

Trouble with the new format is I've lost track of which teams have play offs as a fall back option. Was going to ask about Croatia but remembered they were in England's group so they actually don't have another chance if they don't make second. No clue on how Austria did in their group as they seem to be in trouble.

Well Mandzukic is a massive loss for them. he bailed them out big time in big games/moments.

Then some key players getting older of course. They also overachieved at the WC and had some luck + fight when they needed it. They will be fine, lack some motivation for games like these in the beginning.