Injury Crisis 2023/24 | Martínez and Casemiro back in training

How was he allowed to come back early? Does the medical team not have the authority to make players unavailable for selection?

How was he allowed to come back early? Does the medical team not have the authority to make players unavailable for selection?

Trying to be the Argentinian hardman and playing through a clear injury has failed massivley. Stupid from ETH and medical team for letting him.

Someone (or multiple someones) need sacking for letting this happen.

Lisandro looked out of sorts all throwout this season and we only caught it now? Just when Shaw is out as well.

This is just criminal incompetence.

The injuries were currently have would devastate any club.

Four full backs injured, in the modern game which relies so heavily on them, is ridiculous. And that’s not even mentioning missing our best ball playing centre half.

How long is Regulion injured for by the way?

Any news on Mainoo? I think we will need to find a different solution for left back than Amrabat, but how we set up in midfield is my main interest.

Nice to go into the international break with a victory.

Who will be back for first team contention after the break?

What's the latest on Lindelof? It looked like he had a back problem yesterday which has obviously been an issue in the past.

I'm glad Reguilons back. Overall I think he offers the most going forward out of the three left backs.

Hopefully he can stay fit now until we have atleast Malacia back to rotate them both back to full fitness.

I'd imagine Shaw returns back with a stone or two to lose on his return.

Tyrell Malacia
Nobody knows when Malacia, who missed all of pre-season, will return. Ten Hag has refused to give any indication as to when the defender will come back.

Is it just me or is this bizar?
Has he been a naughty boy too?

Tyrell Malacia
Nobody knows when Malacia, who missed all of pre-season, will return. Ten Hag has refused to give any indication as to when the defender will come back.

Maybe.

But on the other hand sporting teams are generally becoming more wary with the injury-related information they release as it is increasingly viewed as personal medical information. Something ETH referenced regarding Shaw: "We can't do that [put a timescale], it's personal these days". So the lack of transparency may to some degree be a consequence of that.

Maybe.

But on the other hand sporting teams are generally becoming more wary with the injury-related information they release as it is increasingly viewed as personal medical information. Something ETH referenced regarding Shaw: "We can't do that [put a timescale], it's personal these days". So the lack of transparency may to some degree be a consequence of that.
Antoine Dupont, the french rugby player, actually complained about his surgery’s details being made public. Or maybe it was his surgeon who complained I don’t remember.
But it seems that clubs are more reluctant to share details of injuries

Tyrell Malacia

Could be illness instead of injury?

Could be illness instead of injury?
It's so weird with him to have no details (I feel like with the rest we at least know roughly) it makes me think maybe he's failed a drugs test, or they suspect he might if he is tested, or something along those lines. Not that he's been doping deliberately, more he might have used something they know might flag up. If he did fail a test and then served his ban as an 'injured' player, it would be a lot better for the club and for him (and the league).

Tyrell Malacia

Ten Hag has done this with nearly all the injuries this season. He’s gave very little away.

It's so weird with him to have no details (I feel like with the rest we at least know roughly) it makes me think maybe he's failed a drugs test, or they suspect he might if he is tested, or something along those lines. Not that he's been doping deliberately, more he might have used something they know might flag up. If he did fail a test and then served his ban as an 'injured' player, it would be a lot better for the club and for him (and the league).

Can you even do that? Keep it quiet? And with our club anything of that magnitude would be leaked and front page news alongside Putin and Hamas.

It's something very sensitive to him for sure.

Tyrell Malacia

That injury leak account said he was 4 weeks away last week

Can you even do that? Keep it quiet? And with our club anything of that magnitude would be leaked and front page news alongside Putin and Hamas.

It's something very sensitive to him for sure.
No idea - they did it in tennis where you can serve a ban and just not compete - that or he got an STI or something :lol: Just seems like such a strange situation and he's been photographed walking round since he got injured so it's not some big injury. Lord knows we need an LB