ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Everybody knew Kohli was gone either way. Lot of rumors he wouldn't even make the squad

As a neutral that was great to watch.

India deserved it on the whole tournament but they shouldn't have won that final.

Yeah to wrestle momentum back and then play a loose wide shot will stick in their throat

Dravid's coaching stint has been a disaster. Barely backed any young players, just been a company man. Very disappointing.

Harsh, mate. Even if they'd lost today, that'd be two losses in two world cups.

One defeat in two world cups is an incredible record unless you're comparing them with 2000s Aussies.

Insane world cup win. I was honestly not expecting this level of performances and composure. Rohit and Virat did us proud but Bumrah is our national treasure. So, so proud of the team.

Harsh, mate. Even if they'd lost today, that'd be two losses in two world cups.

One defeat in two world cups is an incredible record unless you're comparing them with 2000s Aussies.

Think that comment was made before the end of the match but it goes to show how the emotions go overboard depending on the context

So shocked we pulled that out of the hat with SA needing what was it, 26 from 26?

Game ebbed and flowed. Advantage SA during the opening of India’s innings. Then back to India for the partnership. Then back to SA when we didn’t push on and then about a par score in the end. Then to India at the start of the SA innings, then SA until Arshdeep and Bumrah worked their magic.

I think I'm the only person in the thread actually thought India had a chance at the halfway mark. It was like the game thread when united play in here :lol:

Me too, just didn't post it here. As long as you have Bumrah you always have a chance.

What hitting by Klaaaen.... unbelievable

Yes a poor one. Happy for him but expected more.

A t20 world cup win, and very close to winning the ODI. In test cricket, won the toughest assignment in over a decade giving debuts to many new players. What more should he have done? I think our showing in the WTC was poor -- that, yes.

Both the ODI and T20 world cup performances were significantly above par for the team. They plugged holes tactically that elevated the team.

That testing over Bumrah bowled (nearly chopped on, decent LBW call) before the Pandya wicket probably just planted the seed in Klaasen's mind to play a rash shot.

Even at that stage though, SA didn't need to worry about hitting a boundary off the first ball of an over. They got psyched out a bit.

That testing over Bumrah bowled before the Pandya wicket probably just planted the seed in Klaasen's mind to play a rash shot.

Bumrah is easily best in the world,however Klaasen knew the required rate but chased a silly one

Think that comment was made before the end of the match but it goes to show how the emotions go overboard depending on the context
That's why I said even if they lost that'd be two losses in two WCs. Yea, it sucks that these would've been two finals. But even with a loss today, "disaster"?

That's why I said even if they lost that'd be two losses in two WCs. Yea, it sucks that these would've been two finals. But even with a loss today, "disaster"?

Plus it was incorrect too in that Rahul Dravid worked with a lot of the youth teams prior to this post and developed talent while at Rajasthan also

Anywhere I can see the full match replay or highlights? Would love to see the last 5 overs again.

Bumrah is easily best in the world,however Klaasen knew the required rate but chased a silly one

It's sad that he will be feeling so gutted after basically rescuing SA, but yeah, he got out playing a very poor shot to a wide ball. It seemed pretty obvious that India were going to hang it out there and he could have even taken an off stump guard.

It's sad that he will be feeling so gutted after basically rescuing SA, but yeah, he got out playing a very poor shot to a wide ball. It seemed pretty obvious that India were going to hang it out there and he could have even taken an off stump guard.

Yeah they didn't need to chase it when only requiring 26 runs off 24 balls,wondering if there is something wrong in their mindset in limited overs cricket after World Cup semi finals in 1992 and 1999

A t20 world cup win, and very close to winning the ODI. In test cricket, won the toughest assignment in over a decade giving debuts to many new players. What more should he have done? I think our showing in the WTC was poor -- that, yes.

Both the ODI and T20 world cup performances were significantly above par for the team. They plugged holes tactically that elevated the team.
My biggest gripe is lack of faith in young players. But I feel at the end he won us a t20 wc so credit where credit is due.

Bumrah is India's greatest ever LOI player and in top3 of all formats.

Don't @ me.

I am so happy for rohit kohli bumrah. Like rohit said we have faced a lot of pressure games and came out in the wrong side. This was needed. The rohit kohli hug at the end reminded me of the hug between jayawardena and sanga after their 2014 wc win.

I guess Bumrah performance has probably shut some awful takes some had about him here post world cup final.
The best bowler we ever had.

4 economy in T20 World cup tournament with average of 8.

I guess Bumrah performance has probably shut some awful takes some had about him here post world cup final.
The best bowler we ever had.

4 economy in T20 World cup tournament with average of 8.

He is best in the world without a doubt

Really interesting times ahead for India. Interesting indeed.
For T20s:
Gill
Jaiswal
Samson
Sky
Hardik
Rinku
Axar
Kuldeep
Shami
Bumrah
Arshdeep

Rotate Shami/Arshdeep for an extra batsman when needed.

Last edited:
Bumrah is India's greatest ever LOI player and in top3 of all formats.

Don't @ me.
Said it in the semi. Maybe one of the most under appreciated players in history. How he didn't win player of the game is beyond me. Completely changes the momentum of the game in one over and he does it constantly.