Henry Winter: Rashford spent the summer getting supremely fit, reporting early for training | Wants to stay as he loves the club

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
https://www.henrywinter.football/p/...mpaign=post&utm_medium=web&triedRedirect=true

There are so many questions around Rashford. What is the state of his relationship with Erik ten Hag? With Gareth Southgate? With the game he once played so vibrantly? With his relationship with Manchester United fans? Do United actually want him to stay or cash in a valuable PSR chip?

So many questions. How focused is he? Was his ill-advised boozy trip to Belfast a one-off or sign of a bigger problem? Is he drinking too much? Why has an individual lauded for his work battling child food poverty now become a fixture in the cross-hairs of the media? And shouldn’t we all be hoping that he re-finds his way?

Where to start? Probably on February 28 at the City Ground. It all happened in a blur. Rashford chased Diogo Dalot’s ball into the Nottingham Forest area, trying to give United the lead in a tight FA Cup tie. As Rashford controlled Dalot’s pass, he was sandwiched between the Forest defenders, Murillo and Felipe. Chris Kavanagh ruled no foul, no penalty, but there was a consequence for Rashford. A bruised rib.

Full article behind paywall. Not sure what to make of this. Henry Winter has done a lot of puff pieces for him in the past, and predictably this is on track just before start of pre-season as many of us had predicted.

Ahh here it is, I predicted this a few days ago

PR tosh. Who did he have to report to training when he was off on holidays ? I'll believe it if he starts the season well. We have been here before.

The cycle continues...

Seems we see these articles before every season. They need to stop. Get your head down, work hard and play well. He won’t need these puff pieces.

Really really like Winter, one of the best journalists in the country. However, he's clearly quite buddy buddy with Rashford, or his camp at least. I'd like to believe all this and hope for a positive season, but I'll believe it when I see it.

As with all of Rashford's crass PR, most will dismiss it for what is is, but it will be fanboy fuel for the Rashford FC crowd.

I'm really glad he is super fit, that means he should easily pass the medical when we sell him.

He was probably expecting a new manager to come in, put in a shift for one season for a new contract and then do f all after. At least he will be nice and fit for his new club.

Think it was last season where he had a big old interview with Neville saying how hard he was training. This is the same thing skinned differently.

Pretty sure this same story comes out every single summer

Pointless

Like clockwork.

Rashford hired the same PR agency who work for Ronaldo and Sancho so at least he's getting his money's worth.

Although Henry Winter was already a long term employee of his.

Here we go again. The PR team is relentless. He looked fit and raring to go in the interviews last summer too.

Jesus Christ. I wouldn’t want that bruised rib part published, personally. That’s a shocker.

Rashford always has a great season after a terrible one. He will hit 20 goals in all competitions this season. The club should sell him next summer while his stock is high.

Love it!

I am glad he didn't go to Euros with England. We'll get a fresh and rejuvenated Rashford next season. Won't be surprised if he crosses his highest goal tally in a league season so far in his career.

I have a soft spot for him as he has given us so many moments of joys since VG introduced him against Midtjylland. I have full faith that he'll prove people wrong again next season.

Realistically he's going to have a very good season. Rashford, like United, seem to have up seasons always after the shit season, almost like we are motivated to answer critics but then just stop when we do well.

Boom bust cycle player earning elite player wages. Perfect for this era of the club. He’ll be here till he’s at least 32/33 and we’ll keep having the same discussions till then.

So fed up of this guy. Entirely bored of him on and off the pitch. Please just get rid.

I *think* Henry winter is a huge fan of Rashford. When he comes on youtube channels I think he gives his own opinions on players and is a big defender from the Rashford camp.

I might be getting him mixed up with another credible journalist, but I do think its him..

He’s not leaving so we’d better get behind him. I can’t really see it any other way. This is definitely a PR fluff piece though.

I'd get excited if he came back with a beer belly. This we've heard before.