Harry Kane | Bayern Munich player

Winning the Premier League with Manchester City is roughly the equivalent of winning the Bundesliga with Bayern München. And this time Kane had no chance of joining City.
No it is not. The gap between City and the rest is not as big as the gap between Bayern and the rest. Dortmund ran Bayern close last year because Bayern were awful. A good Bayern Munich regularly wins the title with 4-5 games left to play. Two of City's last 3 titles were won on the final day and only an epic Arsenal collapse prevented them from being involved in another down to the wire scrap.

Also "the rest" in the PL are amongst the best sides in Europe. Can't say that about "the rest" in the Buli. You actually face resistance in the PL even if you have unlimited spending power.

What’s actually going on? I see Sky saying he’s got permission to go do a medical but is he not going? Such a bizarre vibe around this transfer.

I hope any player thinks twice before selling their soul to Levy/ Spurs. They will milk you dry and ruin your career before they even think of selling you. Joke of a club.

I am still baffled at Kane’s decision to sign that extension - he’s wasted his best years at Spurs and nothing to show for it. He should’ve moved years ago when they lost in the CL final to Liverpool. He is being advised by morons.

Hope he does well with Bayern - at least he can end his career with a few DFB-Pokals.
Someone referred to them as Alcatraz earlier which is a great analogy. If they still need name ideas for the stadium…

I think he definitely wants both trophies and the goalscoring record at this point. I imagine he regrets not pushing for the City move even more right now because he’s stuck in a position where his option is either stay one more season and hope a PL club comes in for him after or go to Bayern, win trophies and then come back to the PL in a couple of years. I reckon he will do the latter.

No it is not. The gap between City and the rest is not as big as the gap between Bayern and the rest. Dortmund ran Bayern close last year because Bayern were awful. A good Bayern Munich regularly wins the title with 4-5 games left to play. Two of City's last 3 titles were won on the final day and only an epic Arsenal collapse prevented them from being involved in another down to the wire scrap.

Also "the rest" in the PL are amongst the best sides in Europe. Can't say that about "the rest" in the Buli. You actually face resistance in the PL even if you have unlimited spending power.
The gap between City and the rest is still massive. And again, Kane had no chance of going to City this summer. Winning the Premier League wasn't an option for him. No English club could even guarantee Champions League football for him.

Going to Bayern is obviously the best move at this stage of his career. If he wants to make his mark at the very top level, he can't afford to wait and hope that some project club gets its act together in time. He needed to go to a side that is ready to win here and now. If City had been in for him, he might have chosen them over Bayern. But with Haaland there, this was the smart decision.

They're currently 2nd favourites to win the CL this season, behind City. And that's before Kane arrived. You might not think they have much chance but the bookies disagree.

Beyond that, they will almost certainly qualify for the CL every season Kane is there, having qualified for it 15 seasons in a row at this point. Which obviously increases his overall chances of winning it versus any PL side bar City, who are much more likely not to qualify in any given year. Taking oursleves as an example, we've only qualified for the CL in half the post-SAF seasons.
I haven't checked the odds but them being more likely to win the CL than all of Real, Barca, Arsenal, Utd, PSG and any Italian club seems a bit strange considering they nearly lost a 1-team league and went out at the quarter finals of the CL last year. Kim and now Kane are great signings but I doubt many would have suggested Bayern were winning CL last season so why they would suddenly be more likely winners of the CL than the most successful team in the history of the competition is a bit of a mystery to me.

The gap between City and the rest is still massive. And again, Kane had no chance of going to City this summer. Winning the Premier League wasn't an option for him. No English club could even guarantee Champions League football for him.

Going to Bayern is obviously the best move at this stage of his career. If he wants to make his mark at the very top level, he can't afford to wait and hope that some project club gets its act together in time. He needed to go to a side that is ready to win here and now. If City had been in for him, he might have chosen them over Bayern. But with Haaland there, this was the smart decision.

Move on, when it comes to Bundesliga a part of the caf has an idiotic mindset.

Yeah I think thats it. If he wants ready made trophies then his options were City, Bayern and PSG. People would have laughed more if he went to PSG I think, so he had only one option left. Hope it works out for him.

I haven't checked the odds but them being more likely to win the CL than all of Real, Barca, Arsenal, Utd, PSG and any Italian club seems a bit strange considering they nearly lost a 1-team league and went out at the quarter finals of the CL last year. Kim and now Kane are great signings but I doubt many would have suggested Bayern were winning CL last season so why they would suddenly be more likely winners of the CL than the most successful team in the history of the competition is a bit of a mystery to me.
Well the most successful team in the history of the competition lost its main striker and their number one goalkeeper suffered a serious injury. It might change if they get Mbappe but at this point Bayern's squad looks stronger.

I think he definitely wants both trophies and the goalscoring record at this point. I imagine he regrets not pushing for the City move even more right now because he’s stuck in a position where his option is either stay one more season and hope a PL club comes in for him after or go to Bayern, win trophies and then come back to the PL in a couple of years. I reckon he will do the latter.

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if Kane just has one season at Bayern.

He essentially gets a year away from Spurs and a chance to win some trophies. If he tells them that he wants to leave next summer then Bayern will be happy to let him go if they get most of their money back, and it's easier for English clubs to negotiate with them than Levy.

I still think there's a reasonable chance he is a United player next summer.

What’s actually going on? I see Sky saying he’s got permission to go do a medical but is he not going? Such a bizarre vibe around this transfer.

Who knows exactly until he's signed the contract or not.

Pretty clear effort to keep him at Spurs given they'll probably find it difficult without him and he's good for the league generally in marketing terms.

Personally hope he goes, will be good for him as a player and a man to try a different culture, if a similar one, he'll bang goals in for Bayern and have a good shot at the CL as well. Could actually help England too if he gets a winning mentality there.

List of club trophies won:

Bayern Munich - 83 (including 69 domestic trophies)

Next is Dortmund with 22 total trophies :lol:

He’ll certainly have silverware next season.

For like a year? He’s a Chelsea academy player.

He is an academy player of both, in fact technically he is more of Bayern than Chelsea since Academy years are between 15-21 and he joined at 16.

He is an academy player of both, in fact technically he is more of Bayern than Chelsea since Academy years are between 15-21 and he joined at 16.
Feel like this is clutching at straws for no reason, it’s not a particularly controversial topic surely. He made his first team debut a year after he joined.

It's a bit odd...every ex-pro or media panellist is constantly telling us what Harry wants and doesn't want...when the truth is none of them have a clue.

He essentially gets a year away from Spurs and a chance to win some trophies. If he tells them that he wants to leave next summer then Bayern will be happy to let him go if they get most of their money back, and it's easier for English clubs to negotiate with them than Levy.

I don’t think BM or Kane would go to all this hassle or expense for that, any player can get a serious injury. I’d say he will be there for at least 3 of the years.

Is he going?

If I was him I wouldn't go. Needs a few more goals in the prem to be a legend of the era and in 6 months can start talking to whomever he likes. Go on a free so can ask for big money wages

The Levy fella is undoubtedly the biggest obstacle to spurs winning anything.

yet again waiting til the last second to accept the bid just to get more money, thus screwing spurs out of the chance to have time to find a decent replacement. Big Ange must be fuming.

Remember a couple seasons ago they were withing touching distance of the top of the PL and getting pretty far in the CL. never was there a better time to build on that.. but Levy made a mess of it

Feel like this is clutching at straws for no reason, it’s not a particularly controversial topic surely. He made his first team debut a year after he joined.

I'm not the one clutching and there is no controverse. He is an academy player of both clubs, I don't see why I would pretend that it's only Chelsea when it's literally not the case.

Only way Bayern even contemplate to sell Kane after a single year into his contract is if he flops and also suffers from injury issues otherwise its not happening and Kane to United ship has sailed we decided not to pursue him this summer lets not obsess over it .

I hope he rejects Bayern, screw Levy. He'll have his pick of moves in the summer. We'd happily take him, Chelsea will be after a striker again, and he could choose where he goes abroad.

Anyone got a live stream of the empty plane?

Move on, when it comes to Bundesliga a part of the caf has an idiotic mindset.

He can't win either, he lacks ambition or gets mocked for sticking it out with Spurs and not winning a trophy. Gets mocked for winning an easy trophies with Bayern.

Footballing-wise Bayern is the perfect transfer for him tbh, he fits their team really well, will bring their wide forwards into play, score lots. They'll be a force in the CL.

Only way Bayern even contemplate to sell Kane after a single year into his contract is if he flops and also suffers from injury issues otherwise its not happening and Kane to United ship has sailed we decided not to pursue him this summer lets not obsess over it .

I think part of the reason Bayern are prepared to pay such a big fee for him is because they know that they will easily be able to sell him back to the Premier League at a similar price.

There was never any way Levy was going to sell him to an English club this summer unless they offered Neymar levels of transfer money.

I just really don't see Kane in Germany long term.

I think part of the reason Bayern are prepared to pay such a big fee for him is because they know that they will easily be able to sell him back to the Premier League at a similar price.

There was never any way Levy was going to sell him to an English club this summer unless they offered Neymar levels of transfer money.

I just really don't see Kane in Germany long term.

If the Caicedo sale happened a week ago, he'd have demanded Neymar levels of money from Bayern as well.