Hannibal Mejbri | signs for Burnley

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a weird one. Looked quite talented from what I saw when he was younger but seems to have lost all of that from his game and just become a bit of a reckless headless chicken type player.

He's a weird one. Looked quite talented from what I saw when he was younger but seems to have lost all of that from his game and just become a bit of a reckless headless chicken type player.
I suspect that's borne out of a desperation to impress. Because even at Birmingham he still came up with some really good pieces of skillful play interspersed with all the hustle and his first game at Sevilla before his falling out was more the Hannibal those of us who watch the youth teams would expect.

If he finds a dominant team and he's trusted to play, I think you'll see those technical abilities come to the fore.
Can't remember the game last season where we had typically lost control and he came in for the last few minutes, put his foot on the ball, made some really good passes and dribbles and helped us regain control. After that, he seemed to just disappear again. Next time we saw him, it was the 100mph hustle and bustle version again

He made a big mistake leaving Monaco for United. Monaco has a brilliant academy and are excellent at developing players. He would have been a starter in Monaco's midfield at a much younger age and likely developed much better than in his time for us.

He made a big mistake leaving Monaco for United. Monaco has a brilliant academy and are excellent at developing players. He would have been a starter in Monaco's midfield at a much younger age and likely developed much better than in his time for us.

He and his family fell out with Monaco, wasn't with the youth team and was just training at home.

Is this still on? Think he’ll do well in the Championship. We should have sent him somewhere on the up instead of Birmingham. Things might have worked out better. Very talented, I just hope he hasn’t gone irreversibly backwards.

What tier is this guy?
Sacha Tavolieri is a known Belgian journalist.

Not always tier 1, but suppose that the connexion he had with Kompany last year there is still valid.

Good move for United and Hannibal.

One year in his contract, failed his last loan, so needs to leave.

He will play at his level, hopefully will improve and become a real football player for our national team

We are making a lot of squad room. Hopefully Eriksen next and we can get Rabiot in.

Move Casemiro on next summer and get Wharton.

Thats nonsense, he pretty much didnt get a proper chance, but the less he plays the more people make more "not good enough" judgments upon him.

In Birmingham, he was one of their brightest players as the season went, even though they played opposite type off hanniball. He seemed to build a good stamina there and some confidence despite not being on the ball as much.

In Sevilla he fallout with the teammates and coach, so its hard to judge.

But its just stupid to say he lost anything form his skill. ETH is just not a fan of his, because he is a clueless stupid coach who will be sacked very soon. Could have easily eaten McTominays and Eriksen minutes before introducing Mainoo.

He will prove to be a good footballer elsewhere. And going to promotion pushing team like Burnley, we might see him rather sooner than later. By the time hes 23 he will be a starting midfielder in the EPL.

Wether he becomes better then Garner, Pereira, Gomes, all of which were deemed top tier talents and could easily be decent squad players for us, we will see. Hopefully hes not too complacent and cocky as Januzaj.

More temperament than talent unfortunately. Good that we offload.

Wonder how much the obligation is.
“And to buy him we demand……..”

[DRAMATIC MUSIC, CAMERA ZOOMS IN]

“…….One Million Dollars!” [EVIL SMIRK]

[ASHWORTH LEANS INTO SHOT]

“Errrrr……..Herr Berrada, that’s actually not very much. The Glazers aren’t in control anymore”

[CAMERA ZOOMS OUT AND BACK IN. MORE DRAMATIC MUSIC].

“………One Billion Dollars!” [EVIL SMIRK]

Never seem good enough to me, and always the issue with discipline, but the club didn't help at all with his disastrous loans. Best move for both parties. Hope it's a nice fee.

:(:(:(

There goes my dream of a Hannibal's Redemption thread. Was hoping (as unlikely as it might have seemed) the radio silence of this in the final stretch of the transfer window meant he might get half a chance here. It's a massive shame this one. This manager just never rated him, that was clear from the off and his last loan was suicidal.

I hope he turns out to be the player he promised to be, and I hope there's a solid buy-back or sell-on clause in there.

No one who has watched him extensively, whether at youth level or even Brum could come up with the silly take that he's a headless chicken that's all hustle and no guile.

United have too many problems on the pitch at the moment.

It's better he goes somewhere he can have a run of playing 10 games in a row, and the manager won't get sacked if they loses a couple of them.

I always liked him as a player but never felt he showed his true potential in the first team, mainly due to being played in some odd positions.

:(:(:(

There goes my dream of a Hannibal's Redemption thread. Was hoping the radio silence of this meant he might get half a chance here. It's a massive shame this one. This manager just never rated him, that was clear from the off and his last loan was suicidal.

I hope he turns out to be the player he promised to be, and I hope there's a solid buy-back or sell-on clause in there.

No one who has watched him extensively, whether at youth level or even Brum could come up with the silly take that he's a headless chicken that's all hustle and no guile.

Yeah, I think had he had 2-3 years left on his deal we'd be loaning him out regardless of Erik's lack of faith in him. As is he obviously wants to play and rightly so, so the only logical course of action given the manager doesn't fancy him is selling him but ensuring there's a buy-back clause (and likely a sell-on too). I don't mind if we get 5m for him as long as we have a low buy-back clause too.

This thread is full of bad takes. I'm sure most of these posters who dish out the headless chicken, terrible temperament, lost all his skill, never really watched him in our academy nor took note how good he was for Birmingham. The club completely fecked up with his development path and it wouldn't surprise me if that's one of the reason Les Parry the loan manager is likely being moved on for Appleton.

I know people think Erik has given youth a chance because Garnacho played all the time last season and the emergence of Mainoo, and I give him credit for Mainoo, with Garnacho I think he got a sniff and never really looked back, not least because our super star wage player has been shite. But I'm not sure Erik will give youth a chance, unless they are already better than the senior players, which is a no risk decision, but if they aren't already but can develop and have a much higher ceiling, they might not get the chance.

Anyhow, I hope he smashes it at Burnley.

“And to buy him we demand……..”

[DRAMATIC MUSIC, CAMERA ZOOMS IN]

“…….One Million Dollars!” [EVIL SMIRK]

[ASHWORTH LEANS INTO SHOT]

“Errrrr……..Herr Berrada, that’s actually not very much. The Glazers aren’t in control anymore”

[CAMERA ZOOMS OUT AND BACK IN. MORE DRAMATIC MUSIC].

“………One Billion Dollars!” [EVIL SMIRK]
:lol:

Another pure profit sale for next summer at least!

The trouble is as fans and with players coming out of the youth/reserve teams we generally big them up to be better than they actually are. I have done that many times over the years, yet I can’t really recall anyone going from the youth to a few senior games and being a world beater elsewhere. Pogba might be the only one and he was a couple of levels down. I’m sure if we had real top talent they would be playing here, like CO92, or Mainoo for example.

I'll always have a soft spot for him for when he came on at Anfield when we were for 4-0 down and kicked a few scousers.

Also thought he put in a couple of solid performances for us (Burney away last season springs to mind) but ultimately he wasn't good enough to stick around.

Hopefully he gets plenty of gametime and shines in the Championship. My mate who's a Birmingham was raving about him when we went on loan there.

The trouble is as fans and with players coming out of the youth/reserve teams we generally big them up to be better than they actually are. I have done that many times over the years, yet I can’t really recall anyone going from the youth to a few senior games and being a world beater elsewhere. Pogba might be the only one and he was a couple of levels down. I’m sure if we had real top talent they would be playing here, like CO92, or Mainoo for example.

Pique probably the only one

Status
Not open for further replies.