Graeme Sourness | Retires from “punditry”

Criticising him for "not understanding his position" is just plain weird. If there's something that is really, really clear for all to see is how amazingly Mainoo does understand the position, which usually is far from a given for 19 year olds in the middle of the park. It usually comes a few years later. You can criticise his range of pass, his acceleration, etc., his game isn't perfect, but criticising that is seriously deranged.

Should be a thread on this. But his criticism of Mainoo is really weird. Like Mainoo was England’s best player. Also you’d think he’d realise the guy in only 19 playing in CM.

Maybe he just does it to stay relevant through controversy or maybe it’s what some people think.

Should be a thread on this. But his criticism of Mainoo is really weird. Like Mainoo was England’s best player. Also you’d think he’d realise the guy in only 19 playing in CM.

Maybe he just does it to stay relevant through controversy or maybe it’s what some people think.
He has be doing this deliberately at this point, to try and wind people up. Out of all the England players to criticise, Mainoo would probably be the last.

Always felt appropriate that a slight misspelling of his name results in Sourness.

He'll be no loss.

Got swiftly replaced by Roy Keane as the local grouch. Roy just does so with a bit of charm and charisma.

And without the “passive racism”. Not a term I am particularly fond of, because I am not sure how passive racism can actually be, but it’s the only known term I can think of that describes the general theme present behind his most vitriolic attacks on players.