German Football 23/24 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. And it looks like Stuttgart throws BVB out, too. 2:0 and 5 minutes + over time to go.

Only three teams from 1st Bundesliga in the Cup quarterfinals: Leverkusen, Stuttgart and Gladbach. Rest from 2nd and 3rd league. Hamburg vs Hertha went into overtime.

Yes. And it looks like Stuttgart throws BVB out, too. 2:0 and 5 minutes + over time to go.
Which isn't a shock. To quote the 11freunde liveticker: "What Stuttgart is doing to Dortmund here is the biggest show of force since Stuttgart-Dortmund a month ago"

Im sure Dortmund only lost because Adeyemi didnt get his deserved penalty today, shame on whoever that referee was today!

WTF Bayern... it even appears to be fully deserved that Frankfurt leads 3-0, doesn't feel very lucky.

I wouldn't want to be the team, who face Bayern next. They usually bounce back quite well from these disaster games, don't they?

I wouldn't want to be the team, who face Bayern next. They usually bounce back quite well from these disaster games, don't they?
Normally yes... but their next match is against Stuttgart. Could be a tough match as well.

There's a CL game next week.
Oh. Right. Completely forgot that this is already next week. So a 6-1 in Manchester incoming and then a 1-2 against Stuttgart or something like that?

The only positive take from this miserable afternoon, the last time we lost 5:1 in Frankfurt the season ended with the triple.

Can't be this time but I'll take the double.

The only positive take from this miserable afternoon, the last time we lost 5:1 in Frankfurt the season ended with the triple.

Can't be this time but I'll take the double.
Tough ask this season :wenger:

Great set of results today, don't see a way this could turn sour. :drool:

:(

Cool, so we are basically out of defenders. Thanks VAR by the way :wenger:

Just seen the Bayern highlights, do they not have anyone better than Upacameno? Had a disaster class vs city, at fault for one or two of the goals today.. generally has the turning circle of a tank. They won't come close to doing anything in the CL with him back there

Just seen the Bayern highlights, do they not have anyone better than Upacameno? Had a disaster class vs city, at fault for one or two of the goals today.. generally has the turning circle of a tank. They won't come close to doing anything in the CL with him back there
They hugely messed up their summer transfer window in their defence, so no.

Little nitpick: tanks turn on the spot, so that's not a good comparison to make here.

Stuttgart is absolutely impressive against Leverkusen... quite unlucky/poor finishing that they are only 1-0 up so far :eek:

Stuttgart is absolutely impressive against Leverkusen... quite unlucky/poor finishing that they are only 1-0 up so far :eek:

They're class. Hoeneß is flying completely under the radar, IMO, over the whole Alonso hype. What he turned Stuttgart into is arguably even more impressive than Alonso's impact on us. Hats off, hope they'll beat Bayern next week.

They're class. Hoeneß is flying completely under the radar, IMO, over the whole Alonso hype. What he turned Stuttgart into is arguably even more impressive than Alonso's impact on us. Hats off, hope they'll beat Bayern next week.
Uncle Uli will have a talk with him beforehand. :nono:

Some insights into the investor deal the DFL clubs just approved. Huge protests from fans to be expected.
I think what they are trying to do is long overdue, and doesn't necessarily have to be bad in any way for stadium goers.
But on the other hand it's of course a huge commitment, so concerns are valid and the people in charge absolutely have to get this one right.

Some insights into the investor deal the DFL clubs just approved. Huge protests from fans to be expected.
I think what they are trying to do is long overdue, and doesn't necessarily have to be bad in any way for stadium goers.
But on the other hand it's of course a huge commitment, so concerns are valid and the people in charge absolutely have to get this one right.

Without having read through all the details down to the last word: I think it makes sense to organise the whole thing more professionally, but I understand the fans' reservations. That's why transparent and careful communication is important here. In other words, absolute core competences of the DFL.

Without having read through all the details down to the last word: I think it makes sense to organise the whole thing more professionally, but I understand the fans' reservations. That's why transparent and careful communication is important here. In other words, absolute core competences of the DFL.
Yeah, the DFL made a huge mess out of the communication of the project. But it was always going to be a tough sell, because small(er) clubs have been against it, seemingly for selfish reasons and because fans were always going to categorically opppose this.

So let me get this straight, they get 1 billion Euros and use 30% of that sum to help out the clubs who will now have to send a part of their revenue to the investor....why don't they just do a 700 million € deal straight away and reduce those yearly payments?

So let me get this straight, they get 1 billion Euros and use 30% of that sum to help out the clubs who will now have to send a part of their revenue to the investor....why don't they just do a 700 million € deal straight away and reduce those yearly payments?

I can only speculate, but maybe its also about clubs, who weren't in good financial shape when they had to take on Covid and may not have the time to wait for the growth-effected of this deal to hopefully kick in, while the investor's cut and a potential decrease in the next TV contracts volume eat at their budget.

It does look a bit ridiculous though, that's true.

Looks like the voting only got through because Kind voted yes despite being ordered by the club to vote against it. 50+1 once more in the mud but given the corrupt state of DFL and DFB nothing will be done against it. Salty Watzke finally got his wish and the gullible customers in Dortmund and Munich will be happy.

Looks like the voting only got through because Kind voted yes despite being ordered by the club to vote against it. 50+1 once more in the mud but given the corrupt state of DFL and DFB nothing will be done against it. Salty Watzke finally got his wish and the gullible customers in Dortmund and Munich will be happy.

There was a qualified majority, not just Bayern, Dortmund and Hannover.

There was a qualified majority, not just Bayern, Dortmund and Hannover.
A single vote would've made the difference, Hannover had given a clear guideline for Kind which was ignored and is a clear violation of 50+1. DFL obviously won't admit that and is waffling about "internal matters" regarding Hannover but everyone with a brain can see through this charade.

A single vote would've made the difference, Hannover had given a clear guideline for Kind which was ignored and is a clear violation of 50+1. DFL obviously won't admit that and is waffling about "internal matters" regarding Hannover but everyone with a brain can see through this charade.

I'm not arguing in favor of Kind, just against the notion that it was Bayern and Dortmund against the world.

50+1 once more in the mud but given the corrupt state of DFL and DFB nothing will be done against it.

Finally the first step to get rid of this outdated rule. 50+1 only makes sense when everybody implements it, not only Germany.
It's time to accept the new reality. Without investors leagues and clubs won't stay competitive internationally.

Yeah, the DFL made a huge mess out of the communication of the project. But it was always going to be a tough sell, because small(er) clubs have been against it, seemingly for selfish reasons and because fans were always going to categorically opppose this.

Story just is that the most fans are not in the stadium but are the ones that watch either at home in Germany or from abroad. Even the most fans with season tickets (and there is long waiting lists at some clubs) watch the away matches via TV.

When I hear fan voices it usually is just the fans that attend the stadiums - not the many, many others. And no - it is not that this ones are the only real fans as they often say they are... They are just the ones that are lucky to be able to attend the matches in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.