Geoff Konopka - United guest of Honour - also convicted paedophile

Of all the political and social debates on this board over the past couple of years I think 99.99999% of our fans do not forgive convicted paedophiles

Employing somebody goes through a lot of background checks where it'd be flagged. Being invited to a match isn't barred or a reason for something to be flagged, the guy can buy tickets to games. It's just a shit look to make him a guest of honor but I can see how the mistake would happen
If we don’t have a process in place to check who we are making guest of honour then that’s a shit show in itself.

And some posters still prefer Glaziers ownership over Qatari. Is there even difference at this point?
Club is in PR nightmare and owners think they can squeeze 10bils out of this

Honestly what is the is club doing? I can’t remember a time where this much bad news has come out as quickly as this.. club is in the mud at the moment unfortunately.

This happened last year,

And only now being reported......

Strange that.

Honestly what is the is club doing? I can’t remember a time where this much bad news has come out as quickly as this.. club is in the mud at the moment unfortunately.
Somebody inside is pissed at somebody and just leaking loads

Me on the homepage and not seeing the full thread title:
Geoff Konopka? Who the feck is that? Is that a new club appointment? Maybe a potential new owner? An esteemed fan who passed away?

Clicking on the thread:
…oh for fecks sake

So much social media presence and so little social awareness from this club

The bad stories feed off each other.

When people spoke about the reputational damage returning Greenwood to the squad would do, or even planning to return him to the squad before u-turning at the first hint of the inevitable backlash, that's part of it.

Everything starts getting highlighted because it is perceived to have increased relevance, other stories start emerging that might not have otherwise and the club loses any benefit of the doubt it may have had when it comes to how it handles those sort of issues.

And some posters still prefer Glaziers ownership over Qatari. Is there even difference at this point?
Club is in PR nightmare and owners think they can squeeze 10bils out of this

It's not that bad, they are going the Dan Snyder way and the PL as a business will start having issues and may push them out if they don't get out themselves.

The club really is this badly run, I can recall working on an event at OT, it was a book launch for David Icke, it seemed nobody reconised the name when the event was being booked in, we pointed out that perhaps this was not somebody the club would want to be associated with and were met with indifference, it was only at the last minute that the event got cancelled.

Feck my life, man.

The Glazers and Dan Snyder have this one thing in common: they have allowed a toxic work culture by introducing toxic characters wherever they go. Now this toxic work culture has festered into something that needs to be purged through a squad of flametroopers. Of course, the Glazers will probably put Richard Arnold forward to say whatever bullshit similar to Bruce Allen carrying the water for Dan Snyder by saying that "the culture is actually damn good."

I guess I now have to tweet to UrinatingTree and ask him to prepare a new video for the Legacy of Failure series when the Glazers will leave United at long last. Watch this and see the similarities between our leeches and that other leech recently kicked out of DC.

Supporting both teams has been a nightmare

‘Pfft stupid cancel culture, woke-ism at it again’

Some of the posters from the Greenwood thread probably.

Anybody get the feeling we have done something to piss the press off? We have cut the team leaks out but the media has all turned on us at a scale ive not seen before. Have we booted some of their friends out? Stopped providing biscuits at the press conferences? At this rate we'll be in the news for putting milk in our tea first.

are-we-the-baddies-bad.gif
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anybody get the feeling we have done something to piss the press off? We have cut the team leaks out but the media has all turned on us at a scale ive not seen before. Have we booted some of their friends out? Stopped providing biscuits at the press conferences? At this rate we'll be in the news for putting milk in our tea first.

These stories are generating clicks... Pure and simple. They also pull audience that is not usually that interested or not interested in football at all. As such, media are now actively trying to dig up even more dirt. Might be the case that someone on the inside is actively leaking stuff for some reason.

But to be honest, we are just an easy target and architects of our own demise.

Maybe people are pissed off with the Glazers' apparent U-turn and are now trying to destroy them from the inside? One can hope, anyway.

Funny thing is they probably have no idea about any of this. They strike me as the type to just ignore stuff that happens at the club including fan protests etc. They genuinely don't give a shite.
100%.

If we could get our act together as a fanbase though and actually stop games I bet the sale would be back on in no time.

It's just such a hard thing to pull off for multitude reasons.

Should I care? This sounds like a corporate screw-up. I support United the Football Team. United the company can just run itself into the ground with mismanagement.

That’s what happened when you act weak on Greenwood. All the hounds smell blood and come for you. This is just the beginning.

At this point I’m looking forward to it so that Glazers see no benefit keeping the club any more.

Is this all just a cunning ploy so that when Qatar come in we can actually say it will improve our standard of care towards women?

Unreal that they would do this - understandable that they might have not known initially, but the article states they were alerted to it beforehand and it still went ahead? Mind blowing, it really is.

‘Pfft stupid cancel culture, woke-ism at it again’

Some of the posters from the Greenwood thread probably.
Who's being canceled here? United?
You have to ask why now? why didn't media report it last year. There's certainly agenda against the club atm but this is no excuse for incompetence

Surely, surely, a series of events and bad press like this will push the Glazers over the edge to finally sell the club? Right? :nervous:

This happened last year,

And only now being reported......

Strange that.

these stories are probably leaked inside the club to force glazers to sell I guess. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

The whole Greenwood - Crafton thing was a big deal for the athletic and is apparently a "no-no" for club-media relationships (be given notice of a story and ask for a response, grant the club an extension and then instead of receiving a response, see the club make a statement to the press).

Surely, surely, a series of events and bad press like this will push the Glazers over the edge to finally sell the club? Right? :nervous:
In a community of apes, if one ape took all of the bananas while all the others starved, biologists would be baffled trying to figure out what was wrong with that ape.

Point is - you've got to be mentally ill to be a billionaire - let alone owning a club you're clearly not wanted at. Machiavellianism, psychopathy, and/or narcissism.

Old Trafford, please put your hands together for today’s V.I.Paedophile….Geoff Konopka.

Of all the political and social debates on this board over the past couple of years I think 99.99999% of our fans do not forgive convicted paedophiles

It's the one and only glorious thing that unites us. Hatred of nonces.

Quietly waiting for some edge lord newbie to prove me wrong...