Geoff Konopka - United guest of Honour - also convicted paedophile

Pathetic. I almost hope things burn to the ground at this point. Those rats in florida deserve to lose it all.
Funny thing is they probably have no idea about any of this. They strike me as the type to just ignore stuff that happens at the club including fan protests etc. They genuinely don't give a shite.

I don't think anyone is running DBS checks on people they invite as guests to matches tbf

It's obviously an awful look but it's easy to see how it could happen

Don't think a DBS check would be needed in this case, just someome with a memory would do.

I’m guessing it was an oversight but still not a good look.

:lol: "oversight..."

"On reflection, it was a bit of an oversight to invite Harold Shipman to our annual Services to Healthcare conference"

Don't think a DBS check would be needed in this case, just someome with a memory would do.
Or a quick Google search.

He was convicted 10 years after he left United so not sure what use someone with a memory would be and if you filter the google search for his name to articles before this story broke there's nothing that comes up about him being jailed at the time

I shouldn’t have laughed at this as much as I did. Definitely hitting the threshold of misery.

Glazers self sabotaging the club or the prospective buyers pointing these people to the club to help force the sale through.

Don't even know who this fecker is and he's giving us bad press.

I say we sack anybody in the club who even has a speeding or parking ticket. Straight edge or out

United are going to get cancelled because of continued bad news - Old Trafford turned into mush and relegated to the Conference. At this point I don't see a problem with that because the club is absolutely fecked right now and the rot needs to be ripped out.

Next article we’ll find out we held a dinner in honour of our beloved groundsman Ted Bundy.

This is clearly someone inside the club who has known for a while and decides to choose this team to put it out

Can’t say I’d ever heard of this story, but you’d have thought that someone at United remembers an employee that was working at the club for almost 20 years who got done for this.

Add it to the list of reasons why the club is desperately needs to be sold. Need to clear out the rot at the top of the organisation

Who gives a shit about United corporation PR really, it would be different if we were a football club.

I work in a lot of schools and places, no one uses them properly.

Do we as a club just hate women or something? We even feck over the woman's team.

Several former United Ladies players alerted the club of Konopka's convictions and sent emails to the club's safeguarding co-ordinator after he was featured in promotional article on United's website in July.

The women documented their 'shock' and 'disgust' as he was, as they claim, 'paraded hand-in-hand with Manchester United'. The players also disputed how United portrayed their treatment, claiming it was actually a 'misogynistic' and 'woman-hating club'.

Several former United Ladies players alerted the club of Konopka's convictions and sent emails to the club's safeguarding co-ordinator after he was featured in promotional article on United's website in July.

The women documented their 'shock' and 'disgust' as he was, as they claim, 'paraded hand-in-hand with Manchester United'. The players also disputed how United portrayed their treatment, claiming it was actually a 'misogynistic' and 'woman-hating club'.

And we're surprised when our women want to leave the club?

When are the Glazers inviting Gary Glitter to Sir Alex Fergusons lounge?

I like it...sabotage the club from the inside...I hope they all posed for photos in front of a big adidas logo and tagged every sponsor to the Instagram post.

Who else can the club invite?

:lol: I mean this is just a lazy mistake but I see how it happens. Open season though

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12489675/Manchester-United-Geoff-Konopka-paedophile.html

Manchester United made convicted paedophile Geoff Konopka 'guest of honour' at Old Trafford and celebrated his career despite him being banned from the game: Club 'were unaware ex-women's coach got four years for offences against girls'
  • Konopka was convicted of indecent assault and gross indecency against girls
  • He was sentenced to in prison in 2011 and put on the sex offenders' register

May as well add this to the Antony/ Greenwood themed caf.
United commemorated his career and featured him in the Old Trafford museum even though he had an 'active suspension' on the Football Association's safeguarding system, which banned him from coaching or working with any team.

It wasn’t even hard to vet. :nervous:

Its more than lazy. If children were present its a basic safegaurding issue
It's lazy in that some random employee was probably just given a task to write a little story about the history of the women's team, and from that story some other random was told to invite a list of guests who were affiliated with that. It's a football club, I doubt they keep a list of everyone who has ever been associated with the club and cross reference with who has committed a crime 20 years ago. It's lazy, and no they're not going to do detailed background checks or police checks on random people from the past either. Should they is a different question, probably they'll start now.

It wasn’t even hard to vet. :nervous:
Employing somebody goes through a lot of background checks where it'd be flagged. Being invited to a match isn't barred or a reason for something to be flagged, the guy can buy tickets to games. It's just a shit look to make him a guest of honor but I can see how the mistake would happen