Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Learning a lot about his players tonight, again. Guy is on his way to become a walking encyclopedia.

It would be hilarious if Frank can take a team that has never been out of the PL and relegate them. Obviously not just his fault, but it would certainly not look pretty on his CV.

Really hope Everton can stay up,having worked with loads of their fans in the last 3 years I feel that they have had enough sadness in their life with Liverpool being so good . Relegation will be brutal

As long as one of Leeds, Burnley or Everton go down, I'll be happy. Preferably the last two, considering Leeds are an easy 6 points.

Leeds will go down I reckon. It’s a real battle of the shit defences though :lol:

If Leeds play as well as they did at Leicester they'll likely take a draw off us as we really don't like playing them and then they have Norwich at home on Sunday. Potential to be on 27 points by this time next week so huge pressure on Everton to beat Wolves then to keep pace.

I think they're going tbh, feels like Burnley will string together another couple of wins before end of the season and I wouldn't rule Watford out just yet.

I doubt Leeds go down. Bamford is going to be playing soon and Phillips is due back shortly also. I see some very winnable games for them in the next few weeks, Everton not so much. I think Burnley are going to sneak out of the basement again and Everton are the hot favourites to take their place.

Lampard definitely rattled in interview. He knows he is above his station

If he wasn't English he wouldn't have gotten any job. He could still turn it around but things aren't looking good.

I think part of being a good football manager is knowing which job to take, there's not much upside to managing Everton right now. If he takes them down his career is over, and if he keeps them up there isn't much chance of climbing the table or challenging for anything. I think the Villa job Gerrard took has far more upside, just as an example.

You're playing arguably the best counter attacking team in the league who have lots of pace, but who also have great difficulty against teams that sit deep and counter on them. You've got 33 year old Seamus Coleman at RB with Keane at RCB, both slow as arseholes. Your team lacks confidence and goals. What do you do?
a) play a high line and try to take the game to them
b) anything else

If he wasn't English he wouldn't have gotten any job. He could still turn it around but things aren't looking good.
Any job? I think Everton is a good reflection, Benitez left them in a hole and Lampard is tasked with essentially avoiding relegation. Hardly like he’s walked into a CL or even EL club.

What were they thinking sacking an EL, UCL, and 2 La Liga winning manager? :lol: Lampard even spent more money.

If Everton get relegated, I'm not sure if I want any Everton players honestly. May be DCL if he can get his form back?

What were they thinking sacking an EL, UCL, and 2 La Liga winning manager? :lol:

This might have had something to do with it:

skysports-everton-premier-league_5642777.jpg

This might have had something to do with it:

skysports-everton-premier-league_5642777.jpg

Fair to say Benitez wasn't backed? He was only given money to sign Townsend and Gray :lol: but somehow they backed Lampard with Alli and VDB signing.

Fair to say Benitez wasn't backed? He was only given money to sign Townsend and Gray :lol: but somehow they backed Lampard with Alli and VDB signing.
Alli was on a free and VdB was a loan. Not sure what point you’re trying to make.

I’m happy to stick the oar in on Lampard, but I feel it was a tough ask considering Benitez fecked over the club before leaving with his shit tactics and shit management.

Everton's run in is one of the hardest in the league. They're in trouble, big trouble.

I think Everton are down unless they win their next two home games.

After that, it’s a nightmare run and their confidence will go.

Watford and Burnley have managers that know how to organize a defence and have the savvy of years of experience in these positions. They will get the basics right enough of the time to continue to pick up points.

If Wolves go there and beat them in the next game, I honestly think they will go down.

I understand taking the piss, they just got battered. But on the flip side it's starting to remind me of how Arteta was viewed and the assessment many were making is starting to look a little foolish. Because these guys are young and are perceived to be getting chances beyond their station there certainly isn't much patience around. He has to be given a chance. The disaster that was Benitez as an appointment that made absolutely no sense has them in a hole.

I understand taking the piss, they just got battered. But on the flip side it's starting to remind me of how Arteta was viewed and the assessment many were making is starting to look a little foolish. Because these guys are young and are perceived to be getting chances beyond their station there certainly isn't much patience around. He has to be given a chance. The disaster that was Benitez as an appointment that made absolutely no sense has them in a hole.

Err he's already underachieved at Derby and Chelsea before this appointment, Arteta is light-years ahead of Frank.

Err he's already underachieved at Derby and Chelsea before this appointment, Arteta is light-years ahead of Frank.
Wasn't so long ago people were saying Solskjaer was better than Arteta. I guess the point is people are fickle and knee jerk

Wasn't so long ago people were saying Solskjaer was better than Arteta. I guess the point is people are fickle and knee jerk
Arteta might want to finish higher than 8th before we declare him the winner of that contest.

Maybe, but he wasn't awful and they will have been opportunities to learn.

Yes, Arteta is better currently. Because people are guided by a handful of results so now all is right in the world. When Arsenal were wobbling he was a no hoper, a Pep wannabe. Very little has actually changed except that he's had more time to actually progress. So did Arteta wake up one morning and wave a magic managerial wand or were the doubters a little preemptive?

You have to give managers a chance. In modern football that doesn't mean 3 years but it means a proper, fair chance to undo the rubbish that came before them and implement their ideas. Obviously Everton only have so much of that or they're getting relegated which he must avoid but the pitchforks out after a handful of matches is a bit much.

Far too early to say that Arteta is making anyone look foolish. Getting 4th in this league is a minor accomplishment, if that. See the teams he's competing with - United who imploded under Ole and Spurs who have been thrown Nuno this season. Which is not an indictment of Arsenal as even when we or Chelsea make 4th we have to compete with rubbish contenders. Im just saying it tends to become a lesser of the evils battle really. Arsenal fans should be very happy with 4th given their last 4-5 years but I'd say that it's a step in the right direction but the next few years will determine whether their manager is good enough.

I don't think many people outside of the Man United fan base felt that way but even so people were also saying at that time that Arteta was better than Ole and were proven correct in time.

So some people are fickle and knee jerk, others are right from the beginning.

Maybe, but he wasn't awful and they will have been opportunities to learn.

Yes, Arteta is better currently. Because people are guided by a handful of results so now all is right in the world. When Arsenal were wobbling he was a no hoper, a Pep wannabe. Very little has actually changed except that he's had more time to actually progress. So did Arteta wake up one morning and wave a magic managerial wand or were the doubters a little preemptive?

You have to give managers a chance. In modern football that doesn't mean 3 years but it means a proper, fair chance to undo the rubbish that came before them and implement their ideas. Obviously Everton only have so much of that or they're getting relegated which he must avoid but the pitchforks out after a handful of matches is a bit much.

I'd say that his second season at Chelsea was awful. His inability to train a defence was highlighted and now he's in the same boat again with even worse players.

Also he takes every opportunity to blame the players for the results instead of his own methods which I really don't think a top manager does.

I don't see the point in using my post to generalize about how managers need more time to implement their style, you won't be able to go through my post history to find evidence of me bashing Arteta because I wasn't registered here and If I was I wouldn't have bashed him.

Lampard had his time at Chelsea and after a significant financial backing was unable to get a tune out of a squad that later went on to win the Champions league.

I don't care if Everton go down or not but they've made a massive mistake with this appointment.