Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Seems Everton were a total mess defensively tonight.

Think Lampard is even worse than Howe to throw into relegation battle given Chelsea conceded 50 + goals under his watch in 19/20.

With the bottom teams starting to pick up they're in a bit of trouble now.

Need 6 wins to be sure of staying up and still got to go to likes of Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal and Leicester. Going to be issue for them if Goodison quickly becomes toxic again as they'll be needing a few home wins in the run in.

This could get ugly real quick. They are in an actual relegation battle and I don't see how Lampard is in any way equipped to deal with this.

Relegation threatened teams usually look for managers who can steady the ship and stop the team from leaking goals. Everton have done no such thing by employing Lampard. Maybe they don't realise they're in a relegation battle.

Seems Everton were a total mess defensively tonight.

Think Lampard is even worse than Howe to throw into relegation battle given Chelsea conceded 50 + goals under his watch in 19/20.

With the bottom teams starting to pick up they're in a bit of trouble now.

Need 6 wins to be sure of staying up and still got to go to likes of Liverpool, Spurs, West Ham, Arsenal and Leicester. Going to be issue for them if Goodison quickly becomes toxic again as they'll be needing a few home wins in the run in.
Atleast Howe has relegation fight experience. He kept Bournemouth up until he could not. Lampard has no such experience.

This could spiral really badly for Everton.

I don't understand where this slating of Howe comes from? Last i remember he was a high regarded manager at Bournemouth and even linked to Arsenal. It's chalk and cheese between him and Lampard.

He’s had two games. In those two games he’s had 4 injuries. He’s also taking over a side bereft of any confidence in the league. Calm down ffs.

I don't understand where this slating of Howe comes from?
He helped Liverpool strengthen their squad by paying way over the odds for a couple of their cast-offs. That sort of thing doesn't win you many friends around these parts.

Lampard had Chelsea wide open at the back, so not surprising Everton are similar. Only way Everton stay up is if DCL gets fit. They're literally half the team without him.

Even lampard looks to be having more of a positive effect than ralf ragnick. Dvdb a United outcast and Ali played well today. Even though, they have not playing any world beaters, they are showing more passion and hunger than we are.

Lampard has won the same amount of matches in a week as Benitez did between September and January.

Even lampard looks to be having more of a positive effect than ralf ragnick. Dvdb a United outcast and Ali played well today. Even though, they have not playing any world beaters, they are showing more passion and hunger than we are.

Yeap. The mistake was to give Ralf only a six months contract. The board should announce that they either give him an extension of another 12 months or give him a proper title with authority within the United structure.

I like that in three games we have seen far more hunger and passion than I feel we did in all of the time Benitez was with us. The two wins weren’t just wins either but quite comfortable wins.

the only worry for me would be how we cope away. I think Lampard has done well to reignite the passion of the fans and help rile them up to get behind the team and we have seen the team thrive on that. It’s a different story away though where the fans are against you and riling up the other side. We crumbled under that pressure after a first half when we were the better side. Early signs are promising though.

I like that in three games we have seen far more hunger and passion than I feel we did in all of the time Benitez was with us. The two wins weren’t just wins either but quite comfortable wins.

the only worry for me would be how we cope away. I think Lampard has done well to reignite the passion of the fans and help rile them up to get behind the team and we have seen the team thrive on that. It’s a different story away though where the fans are against you and riling up the other side. We crumbled under that pressure after a first half when we were the better side. Early signs are promising though.

Im surprised by the negativity he gets SW. He was my first choice to be Rangers manager, but we went with Gio instead.

He isn't going to be a tactical genius, but he doesn't have to be, he can have coaches for that side of the game like Gerrard has. He does know how he wants to play though, and that's high tempo and good press.

Think it's more important to be well liked / respected and having the players all believe in what you are doing and on board with your ideas. Have the players enjoy playing for you and the club, and just enjoying their football in general, and I think he'll do that.

Honeymoon over. Absolutely stuffed by Southampton without managing a shot on target.

The performance reminded me of a naive 90s English side 'having a go' and getting rolled over by a savvy Italian or Spanish side while chasing shadows. No idea what Lampard was thinking with that 4-4-2 or whatever it was.

reckon within 12-18 month he and Gerrard will be sacked. Not because they're bad managers, but the jobs are beyond them

Get the deserved handball in the first half and it could be a different game. Naive to play 2 in the middle as we aren’t good enough but hopefully we will learn. Two great performances and two poor ones but it’s as I said above - we will survive (if we do) based on our home performances.

reckon within 12-18 month he and Gerrard will be sacked. Not because they're bad managers, but the jobs are beyond them
They are overrated. Media loves a English manager hype and everyone is falling for it.

He is a crap manager. This will be his last job, well and truly found out.

Sore one for Everton.
But as we have seen of Southampton, with the Spurs game and the game against us last week, they are not push overs.

Stuart Armstrong looks a good player for them.

Everton away form is something else.

If I've read it correctly they've picked up ONE away point since winning at Brighton in August. Still got to go to Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal in run in aswell.

Huge pressure on them to keep winning at Goodison. Think Burnley will fancy catching them up soon.

Edit; two points since August as forgot they drew at Chelsea with pretty much a youth team.

Really hoping he fails miserably after the way Everton fans behaved to Pereira when he was in the running to take over.

They got what they wanted in Lampard let's hope it completely backfires on them

Just don’t think this will work out for some reason, I am thinking more because of Everton than Lampard. Surely he has potential to be a good manager, he must have learnt a lot from Harry Redknapp and Jose Mourinho.

Looking at their fixtures, I'm struggling to see where the points are going to come from. Every fixture looks like a banana skin. Burnley and Watford are both away games. Brentford at home is the only game I'd expect them to win and that's not a given either.

There's a reason why Chelsea conceded more than 50 goals in a 38 league season under him.

You're seeing it now.

Looking at their fixtures, I'm struggling to see where the points are going to come from. Every fixture looks like a banana skin. Burnley and Watford are both away games. Brentford at home is the only game I'd expect them to win and that's not a given either.
Football is full of surprises !

Everton are a timely reminder that there’s always another club more terrible than us.

I think he is lucky that there are 3 worse teams in the league and Leeds aren’t great either. But Burnley always pick up unexpected points

He was never a good manager, he just had great PR

When experienced managers like Anchelotti and Benitez couldn't get a tune out of this lot, how on earth did they think Lampard could.

The man spent a quarter of a BILLION at Chelsea and couldn't manage it with an already World class squad.

I think they'll just about get safe with the home games they've got but they're in real bother now. It's mental how they've walked themselves into this position by hiring Benitez and turning off the tap financially.

He was never a good manager, he just had great PR

He has always been a dreadful manager, proper OGS-bad, just lucky he joined the era of clubs being bold/stupid enough to hire former players over actual ability. En route for the sack before the season ends and he will never get a proper job again, just like OGS.

Werent the chelsea players complaining that there were no tactics, he would just tell them to express themselves.