Gaming FM 17 Club Draft | Final update is out

What should we do transferwise?

• Allow a fixed maximum number of transfers each summer

• Let in-game managers make transfer each summer

• Stick with original squad

Results are only viewable after voting.
8 players have submitted their picks and only three players have needed to be replaced. This is going a lot smoother than the last round.

Wait, so someone tried to pick an already picked player and actually got him? :wenger:
You kinda have to keep track of the picks, that's the whole point

edit: alright, it's done already

Wait, so someone tried to pick an already picked player and actually got him? :wenger:
He had named one Saul and the other S. Niguez or something so skimming that would likely cause issue. Agree though.

Yeah I have configured excel to detect duplicate entries but I messed up and typed Saul in one slot and S.Niguez in another. I know, my bad

Yeah I have configured excel to detect duplicate entries but I messed up and typed Saul in one slot and S.Niguez in another. I know, my bad
I haven't meant you, I meant the one who made an invalid pick, he is the one who has to keep track (and checking both name and surname with ctrl+f is a first thing to do).

If both would've got him in the PM round, it would've been your mistake as they wouldn't have any chance to prevent this.

Anyway, water under the bridge - he also had problems with his other picks so I guess Saul can be seen as a karmic compensation

I get PBs frustration here, and I even posted my shock when RedSky was doing the picks for him, but he got Ounas and Matic who he requested anyway, as well as Saul who is way good for these rounds. So thats 3 picks out of the 5 which he wanted (One being a world class player).

Picking two others in my opinion shouldn't be that much of a problem, especially with Saul sweetening the deal

Last edited:
I get PBs frustration here, and I even posted my shock one RedSky was doing the picks for him, but he got Ounas and Matic who he requested anyway, as well as Saul who is way good for these rounds. So thats 3 picks out of the 5 which he wanted (One being a world class player).

Picking two others in my opinion shouldn't be that much of a problem, especially with Saul sweetening the deal
matic was a replacement pick for my 5th replacement that i chose striaght away, like everyone did like normal it was 2 out of 5 after having it been 4 out of five as macern jumped the gun on picking replacements like he is doing again this round messing up everyone's replacements picks as he isn't waiting till all selections are in and then making them pick replacements on who they know won't change.

matic was a replacement pick for my 5th replacement that i chose striaght away, like everyone did like normal it was 2 out of 5 after having it been 4 out of five as macern jumped the gun on picking replacements like he is doing again this round messing up everyone's replacements picks as he isn't waiting till all selections are in and then making them pick replacements on who they know won't change.

It was a replacement pick, but it was one of your choice. So you still got 3 picks out of 5 that you wanted.
You only need to change 2. I don't think it's that big of an issue as like I said, you're getting Saul, which is a big player in such a late round.

You mentioned wanting Kessie, but considering you now have Goretkza, Saul and Matic in central midfield, Kessie isn't that big of an issue surely.
Also, I'm more than happy for Kessie to be duplicate as well just to try and get this back on track

It was a replacement pick, but it was one of your choice. So you still got 3 picks out of 5 that you wanted.
You only need to change 2. I don't think it's that big of an issue as like I said, you're getting Saul, which is a big player in such a late round.

You mentioned wanting Kessie, but considering you now have Goretkza, Saul and Matic in central midfield, Kessie isn't that big of an issue surely.
Also, I'm more than happy for Kessie to be duplicate as well just to try and get this back on track
The point is I lost my first choice and 3rd choice pick for no reason and had some other poster not in the game making my picks for me.

The point is I lost my first choice and 3rd choice pick for no reason and had some other poster not in the game making my picks for me.

Who would you have picked 1st and 3rd just out of curiosity?
I get your argument to be honest. As I posted at the time, I was a bit shocked with the decision to go ahead.
The big plus for you though is getting Saul. To me that outweighs a first choice pick

A suggestion for the future.

Set a deadline for the rounds like 11AM GMT for the first 5 picks them 3PM GMT for replacements and then say 10PM GMT for final round of replacements, if someone misses the deadline we move on like the snake draft and then they can pick when they are online. I think this is fair and better than having someone else pick for you.

And getting a duplicate of a player chosen in the first round of this draft is very fair compensation (maybe even overly generous) for the error so I think we can all move on.

Who would you have picked 1st and 3rd just out of curiosity?
I get your argument to be honest. As I posted at the time, I was a bit shocked with the decision to go ahead.
The big plus for you though is getting Saul. To me that outweighs a first choice pick
Duplicate messi and duplicate crouch

1568553_Champions_League_Team.jpg

:drool:

1568557_Champions_League_Team.jpg

Pulisic and Havertz are also both natural as a number 10
Mbappe and Kean are natural at LW
Kessie is natural at CM
Bazoer is natural at CDM

The positions they are in right now are what the game recommends them to be, apart from Kean, who is better at left wing
@Damien

Man management, transfers, tactics, how motivating they are etc. Everything but their preferred formations really.
Ok, I didn't realise we could change the manager's formations. Is it possible to choose another manager still?