Film Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 5)

Slightly surprised and disappointed no one else has mentioned Office Space. I always thought it would resonate with anyone who's ever worked in an office environment. So hilariously and depressingly recognisable.
Yeah, it's a great comedy. Must admit, I've been trying not to overthink these lists but Office Space is one of the ones I feel bad about leaving out.

1. Life of Brian
2. The Big Lebowski
3. Robin Hood: Men in tights
4. Clerks 2
5. Titanic (shut up, I loved it)

Can’t believe the comedy films are getting diluted by shite romance movies.
Maybe you just know the wrong ones? Because I know quite a few very good romantic movies.

Good. If things like No Country for Old Men and Taxi Driver aren't getting in, there isn't a romance movie ever made that can't feck off. :lol:
Great films both but there are wonderful romances (although it's a hard to define category). The Before trilogy, In the Mood for Love and Casablanca are easily in the class of the films you mention. The Worst Person in the World, Amelie, Rushmore, Moonrise Kingdom, etc...there's a lot.

But it'll be 5 comedies that go through.

Maybe you just know the wrong ones? Because I know quite a few very good romantic movies.

I’m sure there are some. I just think they’re the last type of movie most people want to watch.

Yeah I know but I have to find ways to group most of these together and with the amount of RomComs, it made sense. But based on the voting this round versus other rounds, it makes me think this was the correct decision because there ain't many votes with two genres here.

Feel the same will happen with Animation & Musicals.
I mean it's your thread so you do what you want, but why not just do 2 separate, if you really wanted romances/romcoms (which have very little to do with comedy in general, in reality) to be represented? For what it's worth, I disagree with the bolded.

But anyway I've dropped out of these threads and just amusingly peaking now and again, so I should probably just shut up :lol:

I mean it's your thread so you do what you want, but why not just do 2 separate, if you really wanted romances/romcoms (which have very little to do with comedy in general, in reality) to be represented? For what it's worth, I disagree with the bolded.

But anyway I've dropped out of these threads and just amusingly peaking now and again, so I should probably just shut up :lol:
Yeah originally I was going to do sub genres but it would have lasted too long and taken too much of my time so had to condense it for that reason.

But opinions are always welcome as I'm trying to improve these each year.

Lazy bugger. This explains the state of England.
I mean I can either spend my time tallying up votes or use that time to plan my raid of JD Sports so it's failsafe in time for the impending blackouts... I know which is more important.

I remember when I did the gaming one. I was moving house and my wife was packing downstairs and I was upstairs. She thought I was packing but I was tallying votes :lol:

I mean I can either spend my time tallying up votes or use that time to plan my raid of JD Sports so it's failsafe in time for the impending blackouts... I know which is more important.

I remember when I did the gaming one. I was moving house and my wife was packing downstairs and I was upstairs. She thought I was packing but I was tallying votes :lol:
:lol: and yet the marriage survived! Though considering what you wrote in your Taxi Driver review, she seems to have her own skeletons.

Boy, this should have been a Top 20. I had to list 10 to decide, but feck it just put the first 5 through.

1. Ted
2. War of The Roses
3. Team America: World Police
4. The Mask
5. Sister Act
6. Airplane!
7. Instant Family
8. Horrible Bosses
9. Trading Places
10. Death Becomes Her

This is very difficult...

Billy Madison
Superbad
Napoleon Dynamite
Me Myself & Irene
Freddy Got Fingered

Last edited:
So it's comedy AND romance in the same round? Damn, that's tough!

1. In The Mood For Love
2. Office Space
3. Lost In Translation
4. The Truman Show
5. Step Brothers

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Stepbrothers
Lost in translation
Napoleon Dynamite
40 year old virgin

1. The Big Lebowski
2. Wedding Crashers
3. Blazing Saddles
4. There's something about Mary
5. Kingpin

I’m having huge regrets about the Big Lebowski. It’s surely better than 40 year old virgin, which I do have big love for.

Was more about removing The Dude..

giphy.gif