Film Film RedCafe's Favourite Movies Of All Time Contest (ROUND 4)

1. Godfather
  2. Scarface
  3. Heat
  4. The night comes for us
  5. Pulp Fiction
This was a hard one since there's so many of them.

Last edited:
It's one of those flashy over-the-top unrealistic action-crime movies. Personally, I don't rate it as I like my crime more gritty noir. For a recent assassin movie, I thought The Virtuoso was definitely a better film but depends what you like.
I'm starved for good films do I'll watch both.

I'm starved for good films do I'll watch both.

Well I'd recommend every film I mentioned on my list and below as honorable mentions. Also, if you haven't seen it the recent film Card Counter is also superb.

So many worthy films here. Some I have to move into other more appropriate categories (Godfather goes into Drama for me as it's the epitome of a top-tier drama and actually not a crime or noir movie and a few others are more thrillers for me like Nightcrawler, Mulholland Drive and I Saw the Devil). I may change as Wild Goose Lake, Way of the Gun, To Live and Die in LA, Double Indemnity, Brick, Coin Locker Girl, and Night in Paradise all deserve a mention here.
I’m struggling with this category for the same reasons.

Damn, this one's so much harder than the previous categories... There is always good stuff that falls off, but the films I'm not including here are better than (almost?) everything I've listed so far.

1. The Godfather
2. Chinatown
3. Double Indemnity
4. Sunset Boulevard
5. The Maltese Falcon

(I absolutely love The Third Man and Heat, but I'll include them under Thriller. Other films I'll just have to be sad about... I do include The Godfather here, despite @oneniltothearsenal's point, since the whole drama revolves around them being a crime family.)

Godfather is a drama but since most people are shoving it in the crime category it may be counter productive voting it in other categories.

I wanted Blue Velvet in there somewhere.

I will put City of God in every damn category if I have to.

1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Goodfellas
3. White Chicks
4. The Departed
5. Scarface

Edit: forgot about Scarface so Godfather I has to move out of the top 5.

Godfather is a drama but since most people are shoving it in the crime category it may be counter productive voting it in other categories.

I wanted Blue Velvet in there somewhere.

If the trend continues it should advance anyway but if not, it will surely be top of many drama lists. It's the one film I really rate that I don't worry about making it through.

1. The Godfather Part 2
  2. The Godfather
  3. Reservoir Dogs
  4. Pulp Fiction
  5. Goodfellas

When you are two pages in and see no one has mentioned Mann best film

miami-vice.gif

1. The Godfather
  2. Chinatown
  3. Goodfellas
  4. Rashomon
  5. Pulp Fiction

Absolutely deserves to go through as its one of the most iconic of all time but along with Godfather, that's going on my drama list so I hope you vote it there too!

Absolutely deserves to go through as its one of the most iconic of all time but along with Godfather, that's going on my drama list so I hope you vote it there too!
Mate, nothing deserves to go through. My beloved Con Air didn't go through. I thought everyone would give it pity votes thinking "DS is putting in the effort, let's make him happy like they did in the gaming version of this last year and help it get through..." But noooo :(

Mate, nothing deserves to go through. My beloved Con Air didn't go through. I thought everyone would give it pity votes thinking "DS is putting in the effort, let's make him happy like they did in the gaming version of this last year and help it get through..." But noooo :(

We should do one where you can only vote for films rated 8.0 or lower on IMDB.

We should do one where you can only vote for films rated 8.0 or lower on IMDB.
To be fair I know my film taste is trash mostly. Which is embarrassing considering I'm a student of film and literally make films as a hobby... But I like what I like and what I like is junk :lol:

To be fair I know my film taste is trash mostly. Which is embarrassing considering I'm a student of film and literally make films as a hobby... But I like what I like and what I like is junk :lol:

Would you do a music one after this? Or TV?

1. City of God
2. Heat
3. La Haine
4. Goodfellas
5. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

I did really like Zodiac.

@Dirty Schwein I've changed my list. Still think KKBB is underrated and fits the genre perfectly but probably not enough to get through anyway.

1. City of God
2. Heat
3. La Haine
4. Goodfellas
5. Zodiac

No country really isnt going to make it anywhere is it.

1. Drive
2. Memories of Murder
3. The Departed
4. Se7en
5. Heat

Last edited:
Is Zodiac right for this round? It feels to me like it should go in thriller/mystery

There's a lot of films that are so broad they'll likely miss out through being spread thin.

Comparing Rashomon to Con fecking Air :nono:

I need to up my meme game to appropriately reply to this post :lol:

Would you do a music one after this? Or TV?
Yeah man I'm up for whatever the people want. Can do TV shows, music artists, music albums etc.
So you had six options…. and White Chicks stayed?

Over The Godfather?
:lol:
  1. Zodiac
  2. The Godfather
  3. Goodfellas
  4. Chinatown
  5. Rashomon
revised @Dirty Schwein
Thank you
I did really like Zodiac.

@Dirty Schwein I've changed my list. Still think KKBB is underrated and fits the genre perfectly but probably not enough to get through anyway.

1. City of God
2. Heat
3. La Haine
4. Goodfellas
5. Zodiac
Thank you
No country really isnt going to make it anywhere is it.

1. Drive
2. Memories of Murder
3. The Departed
4. Se7en
5. Heat
Yeah it was the final voters fault. It was going through until that guy came in and gave Inglorious a big score.
Is Zodiac right for this round? It feels to me like it should go in thriller/mystery
It's going in thriller for me.
Revised list @Dirty Schwein
  • The Godfather Part 2
  • Goodfellas
  • Zodiac
  • Se7en
  • The Italian Job
Thank you.

Comparing Rashomon to Con fecking Air :nono:

I need to up my meme game to appropriately reply to this post :lol:
Remember, the key word is FAVOURITE. Con Air got me into filmmaking and showed me where I want my career to go. We all joke about it and rightly so but it's very important to me :lol: