Film Film monster / alien / baddie you'd least like to bump into

5lXY.gif

Clarence Boddicker Robocop

I‘m going in the opposite direction and would like to say that I’m sure I could waste E.T. Hate the ugly fecker.

Nice reminder! I've had that on my to-watch list for ages but completely forgot about it

Dark Water is probably my favourite from that whole J/K-Horror era.
Yeah Dark Water was good from what I remember, been a while since I watched that one. I went though a massive phase of Japanese movies. The Grudge or Ju On was head and shoulders my favourite. It’s got a dark heart that film.

Yeah Dark Water was good from what I remember, been a while since I watched that one. I went though a massive phase of Japanese movies. The Grudge or Ju On was head and shoulders my favourite. It’s got a dark heart that film.

What do you think about Ring? I only saw it a few years ago and couldn't believe how bad it was given the reputation

Whispering Corridors was another one I really liked (edit - it's korean)

What do you think about Ring? I only saw it a few years ago and couldn't believe how bad it was given the reputation

Whispering Corridors was another one I really liked
Same dude, it was very overrated and only had a few moments of interest. The Ring I think took off because, to us in the West at least, it was a glimpse of a new style of horror. I haven’t watched it again for a good 15 years or so.

This fella:

twin-peaks-1.gif
I rank Twin Peaks the best show ever made. And this scene is so intense and haunting (along with Ronette's dream in hospital).
And another one (when Sarah Palmer sees Bob for the first time and starts screaming) was so unexpecting, the fear hits you right in the chest and I found that scene to be more disturbing than anything I'v see on TV ever since.
As for the games, I like playing survival games on my xbox, and Re7 biohazarsd scared the shit out of me (Re Village to a lesser extent too).

Supernatural - girl from the Ring - the bitch comes out your tv ffs

Alien - the Predator - badass

Normal villain - Hannibal Lector - dude eats people and smart as feck

Superhero's villain - Joker - always one ups his opponent

I rank Twin Peaks the best show ever made. And this scene is so intense and haunting (along with Ronette's dream in hospital).
And another one (when Sarah Palmer sees Bob for the first time and starts screaming) was so unexpecting, the fear hits you right in the chest and I found that scene to be more disturbing than anything I'v see on TV ever since.
As for the games, I like playing survival games on my xbox, and Re7 biohazarsd scared the shit out of me (Re Village to a lesser extent too).
I watched Twin Peaks with a couple of former flatmates and for a long time I could simply send a picture of Bob to one of them and that would make her unable to go up to the attic alone. So simple but so powerful, as you say.

5lXY.gif

Clarence Boddicker Robocop
Sorry but why is a man who organised a local community defence force against the police state, a villain/monster ?

Lynch is the master at making things seem so slightly 'askew' they become terrifying.
I always go back of the scene in Blue Velvet where the dad has a stroke and we end up going into a cut off ear that is full of insects or this shot

qIxOetnwpnNy3fAHsZxgXE7ACVxteDfUDIsZWCgAH4s.jpg

Just so off putting but at the same time normal.

I must’ve been about 12 when Predator came on Channel 4 at 10pm one night. I remember I had just gotten a TV in my room but I wasn’t allowed to watch it that late, so I put a blanket over it and watched the whole movie until midnight under the blanket on low volume. It fecking scared the shit out of me.

My dad let me watch Robocop with him was I was very young too, and the scene where the guy gets covered in toxic waste and then exploded by a car, gave me nightmares for ages.

But Alien is a really good call. I think I saw Aliens first and that shit me up proper as a kid.

Ha, me too, I’ve not thought of that film for a very long time, I may try and dig it out some time. He was scary as hell, was he called Caine or Kane or something?. What did he sing? Or hum?

Yeah Reverend Kane I think. Can just remember him singing in the rain outside the house and flashbacks of him in a cave or something with some followers. Creepy as hell that guy.

I must’ve been about 12 when Predator came on Channel 4 at 10pm one night. I remember I had just gotten a TV in my room but I wasn’t allowed to watch it that late, so I put a blanket over it and watched the whole movie until midnight under the blanket on low volume. It fecking scared the shit out of me.

My dad let me watch Robocop with him was I was very young too, and the scene where the guy gets covered in toxic waste and then exploded by a car, gave me nightmares for ages.

But Alien is a really good call. I think I saw Aliens first and that shit me up proper as a kid.
Same, I was about 7 when I watched Aliens with my dad. Next six months I only slept with the lights on. Fair to say my mum was livid :lol: