Film Film monster / alien / baddie you'd least like to bump into

JS123948224.jpg
Yeah, good call. Superb portrayal by Hopkins, in that film anyway. I also enjoyed Brian Cox's version in the OG Red Dragon too.

Yeah, good call. Superb portrayal by Hopkins, in that film anyway. I also enjoyed Brian Cox's version in the OG Red Dragon too.

Yeah, agreed. I also think Mads Mikkelsen played the role well in the series.

The troll from Ernest Scared Stupid comes to mind immediately. Honorable mentions to Bob from Twin Peaks and Gmork from The Neverending Story.

The Thing from The Thing (the original). Could be anyone, could be your dog ffs, basically no way to stop it spreading, and you know it hurts because of the fact you can hear the scream of each of its past victims in its own scream.

The Thing from The Thing (the original). Could be anyone, could be your dog ffs, basically no way to stop it spreading, and you know it hurts because of the fact you can hear the scream of each of its past victims in its own scream.
Another of my all time favourite films. Just perfect.

The Carpenter one you mean I assume rather than the original?

Freddy Krueger because of the whole dream thing.
Absolutely, NOES 1, 2 and 3 were totally the horrors of my teenage years. Great character and great films ... back then, they've dated a bit now. Still, old Freddy Kruger was a brilliant character.

As a kid the scene I was most terrified off was Indiana Jones and the temple of doom, when they pull the heart of that guy that is to be sacrificed and it still beats.

Others: Freddy Krueger, The Thing and frankly everything with ghosts. I can comfortably watch any gore or slasher movie, but ghosts are terrible :lol:

They were funny though, they may have killed you but it'd be a riot while it happened.

You're correct, I re-watched the movie a few years but as a child they were absolutely monstrous. I used to have nightmares about the things!

I also used to have nightmares about the giant scorpions in Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation. My dad got banned from playing it as a result :lol:

You're correct, I re-watched the movie a few years but as a child they were absolutely monstrous. I used to have nightmares about the things!
We watched it this Christmas just gone, I still love that film. There's a real purity and innocence about it and if released today, it would be little more than a straight to TV B Movie.

We watched it this Christmas just gone, I still love that film. There's a real purity and innocence about it and if released today, it would be little more than a straight to TV B Movie.

It's a crime it doesn't get mentioned more often in discussions about the best Christmas movies. It's second behind Die Hard for me.

Begbie was a violence-addicted, sadistic and brutal maniac who loved nothing more than causing commotion and hurting people for no apparent reason. On top of this he was an extremely wrathful individual and would often times brutally beat and even stab someone who he deemed as either insulting him or annoying him. Begbie was also eager to impress those around him and often twisted the truth about certain stories to make himself seem grander and tougher. He was also a fairly pretentious man who looked down on his friends for their drug addiction and saw himself as superior for not putting heroin in his body.

It's a crime it doesn't get mentioned more often in discussions about the best Christmas movies. It's second behind Die Hard for me.
Agreed. It's one of the three pillars of our christmas viewing. Die Hard (yes it is), Gremlins and Planes Trains and Automobiles. In fact, John Candy / Del Griffiths was the Anti-Alien.

Agreed. It's one of the three pillars of our christmas viewing. Die Hard (yes it is), Gremlins and Planes Trains and Automobiles. In fact, John Candy / Del Griffiths was the Anti-Alien.
Krampus and Rare Exports!! Great Christmas viewing! And Home Alone for the kids in the morning of course...