Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferdi is such a cool name. If I'd get a son one day I'd give him the name Ferdinand so I can call him Ferdi.

Well, actually I wouldn't because my wife decides things. But let me dream on.

I'm always skeptical about signing players on the back of international tournament performances. How has he been for Fenerbahce?

I'm always skeptical and not a fan of signing any player.

Weren't people talking about why aren't we in for this guy about 6 hours ago?

I'm always skeptical about signing players on the back of international tournament performances. How has he been for Fenerbahce?

He's a Dutch right footed left back. Who cares how he's been for Feberbache when he ticks that many boxes.

From watching all the Euro games, he certainly carries the ball well. Presumably could cover LB and RB, though the numbers floated sound expensive. But the versatility would be nice.

I mean it's night and day having this guy as an option on either side instead of Wan Bissaka, especially if he played on the left with one of the cut inside happy LW's ahead of him.

He gives me Marcelo vibes with how he approaches attacking as a fullback. Less whipped crosses and more intricate dribbling/passing like an auxilliary attacker, and reads the game well in the final third.

A Turkish fullback... from Holland. We're going to find out one of these days that Sir Jim has a Dutch passport.

Do we need a thread title suggesting some concrete interest from a nothing link? OP be fishing

Got him a few times on FM this past year. I'd be all for it, but assuming we'd only sign him if we sold Wan Bissaka? Or is Malacia on the way out?

Don't know much about him but he seems like the right kind of signing. Young, versatile and should be relatively cheap I'd imagine.

Please be true!

I have really wanted him here for a long time. I do watch a lot of Turkish football. He is a very good player. He is a former attacking player hence a very good attacking leftback. He could easily play instead of Shaw or compete with him and allow Shaw to act s LCB if and when needed. Would be the best outcome for LB and LCB coverage without going down on quality. With this transfer we could be fine with just buying 1 CB as Shaw and Martinez would act as LCB and Magure and a new guy could act as RCB with Evans as the 5th option (assuming he stays)

I mean it's night and day having this guy as an option on either side instead of Wan Bissaka, especially if he played on the left with one of the cut inside happy LW's ahead of him.

He gives me Marcelo vibes with how he approaches attacking as a fullback. Less whipped crosses and more intricate dribbling/passing like an auxilliary attacker, and reads the game well in the final third.

Based on this video, the wiry dribbling style, the feints, the short stepped acceleration, the emaciated body build, the street style tenacity, the low socks, if you squint a little, it seems like you're watching Kvaratskhelia :lol: @Fortitude you may finally get your wish?

Sigh, go on then, I will get on the muppet train.

Chilwell has been name dropped by Sami Mokbel who is a very well connected journalist with Manchester United. The OP link is just a rumor by the looks of it.
As a friendly poster noted to me (cos I don’t read their articles), co authored by Simon Jones who’s banned.

The article looks like two halves.. a specific half about a player with details, and a half that has zero detail and just chucks a name out. Like half of Twitter does.

I know Mokbel, but the Chilwell thing just looks like nothing (i.m.o.). Especially given Shaw just come back from injury, as has Malacia and Chilwells injury record is naff too. If they’d said Mitchell or Doughty or Barcola, I’d think “yeah maybe”. But who knows?

(I liked the Turkish LB in the Holland game though).

Status
Not open for further replies.