Female commentator on MOTD

Plechazunga

Grammar partisan who sleeps with a real life Ryan
Where Albert Stubbins scored a diving header
She's crap, but no crapper than most commentators, they're almost all unbearable

The main reason she offends people is cos they're just not used to hearing a female voice do it, it sounds wrong... this effect won't last. There are loads of male commentators woth voices just as strained and irritating, look at Jonathan Pearce and Alan Green (actually don't, you might die)

She clearly didn't know the word "shoulder-charge" mind... the clueless bint

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
She's crap, but no crapper than most commentators, they're almost all unbearable

The main reason she offends people is ncos they're just not used to hearing a female voice do it, it sounds wrong... this effect won't last. There are loads of male commentators woth voices just as strained and irritating, look at Jonathan Pearce and Alan Green (actually don't, you might die)
I'd say that's a hell of a lot closer to the mark the most of the comments in here. Maybe i wouldn't use the word crap, but she is by no means in the top tier, but equally there are worse. And she will have to have tried harder than most [men] to get towhere she is, and lived with with some snide remarks from fellow commentators and journos along the way.

For what it's worth, Jacqui Oatley > Alan Green and Graham Taylor [Particularly for the England match but also all too often for today's game].

Plechazunga

i'd rather listen to Alan Green and David Pleat commentating than listen to her
Madness

I'd say that's a hell of a lot closer to the mark the most of the comments in here. Maybe i wouldn't use the word crap, but she is by no means in the top tier, but equally there are worse. And she will have to have tried harder than most [men] to get towhere she is, and lived with with some snide remarks from fellow commentators and journos along the way.

For what it's worth, Jacqui Oatley > Alan Green and Graham Taylor [Particularly for the England match but also all too often for today's game].
Look out for... or listen out for rather... Andy Clarke at Talksport, he's actually got a brain

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Look out for... or listen out for rather... Andy Clarke at Talksport, he's actually got a brain
Still only does reporting work though at the minute doesn't he? But you mean in the future, and yes, he could well make a decent rep for himself.

Seeing as they now have him on their books, Fivelive should have Gab Marcotti do some co-commentating work i think [in the CL]. Perhaps he wont' take to it, but there is one wya to find out.

Plechazunga

agreed. i frankly can't stand commentators, male or female. most seem simply clueless.

i enjoy it when i get just the stadium feed with no commentary track.
Can you get that on streams? I was watching that brilliant youtube vid of the last three minutes in the Nou Camp in '99, and fair enough, it was an incredible moment and all that, but it's so fantastic without some dull twat wittering on, just hearing the crowd and the players, I'd love to watch football on telly like that all the time.

marcus agrippa

Can you get that on streams? I was watching that brilliant youtube vid of the last three minutes in the Nou Camp in '99, and fair enough, it was an incredible moment and all that, but it's so fantastic without some dull twat wittering on, just hearing the crowd and the players, I'd love to watch football on telly like that all the time.
unfortunately, i don't think so.

you can guarantee that'd be my choice every time.

Count Duckula

In my opinion those two minutes are probably some of the best commentary I've ever heard. Tydesley excelled himself there.

But I agree to the premise, it's nice sometimes not to hear someone prattling on about irrelevancies.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
You used to be able to turn the commentary off on Sky. Not sure if you can still do that.

I didn't think she was that bad tbh. She was just like any other MOTD comentator, except a women. They're all terrible. Hansen's become the most intelligent and sensible person on the programme, which says enough.

It's just weird hearing a women's voice commentating on a football match. You'd usually only expect it for things like ice skating, hockey, and various other sports that only ever surface at the olympics, and which I never watch.

tine

forum totty
I have to admit, even as a woman myself, I frowned a bit.

But in her defence, like some in here have said already, it's not like she's any worse than some male commentators and it's got a lot to do with us just not being used to hearing a woman commentator.

In fact, on a more general commentator note, they more often than not annoy the hell out of me, English or over here. I can remember one occasion where the sound didn't work and they put a "We apologize ..." thingy on the screen and I was like "Oh don't apologize, thank feck for this!".

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Martin Tyler kept calling Scholes "Gerrard" last week.

I mean, is it really that confusing? It's not, is it? not even close, you useless pleb

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
I am all for more female commentators....

that way i have more legitimate reasons to say "that goal made me cream!"

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Not gonna sit on the fence, she's just dreadful. It's not because she's a lass, it's because she's a shit commentator. Get rid.

comlag

It's awful. First time I heard Oatley I thought it was an 11 year old boy who had won a competition or something.

Give it to Susan Bookbinder if we have go with a female commentator. She has a nice voice and a bloody splendid name.

Actually, whilst we are on commentators, I was enjoying Guy Mowbray's MoTD spiel last night. Had a right go at Wenger for his reaction to Diaby's sending off. Good to hear an actual opinion for once.

Also, promote Vasos Alexandos from 5live.

Tibs

Shes a bit fit, but other than that, don't let her commentate on MoTD again - ever

lucius

typical bbc political correctness.
nothing wrong with female footy commentators, but this one is awful.
the only interesting thing is how long they will go with her, before ditching the lady, cos she's total shit.

red2deadboy

She's not bad looking but as a commentator its just wrong.
To be honest she is quite fit and the only thing most of us care about is if she swallows, takes up the arse and doesn't mind lesbian action as well. Shut up, look pretty and don't talk about things you have little knowledge off, stiick to shopping, fashion or other such shit