Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be happy to see him leave, but only after we've brought in a few midfielders. We're already light in that position.
Amazing how we end up in this situation almost every season. Just 2 seasons ago, we were brimming with midfielders and look at us now.

You're being ridiculous. The guy plays regularly for Belgium, one of the strongest international sides. How could he be worth less than £5m?

As follows:

He's 29, has only a year left on his contract and is on a fairly big wage. We won't be getting a huge fee for him if he does leave.

And he's a bit shit.

My only concern is that since January Carrick has been showing signs that he couldn't handle another year. He's been failing to impose himself on games and his passing has been a bit erratic when pressed.

Which means if Fellaini goes too, we need 2 new CMs on top of Pereira. I wouldn't mind keeping him for one more year but certainly not at the expense of either losing him for free or having to offer him a new contract.
I, for one, would not miss Carrick. Then again, I have never been a member of his fan club. My nickname for him is Peter Brady (aka The Invisible Man)

Actually any truth in this? Would be delighted to get rid of the last reminder of Moyes shite

As follows

He's 29, has only a year left on his contract and is on a fairly big wage. We won't be getting a huge fee for him if he does leave.

And he's a bit shit.

In modern football, for a player like Fellaini, 29 isn't old enough to greatly affect his transfer price.

If there's more than one club interested, and I imagine there will be, competition for his signature will make his contract situation irrelevant. He'll go for what he's worth.

I don't know what Fellaini is on, but his contract was signed 4 years ago, and there's been a lot of wage inflation since then.

Fellaini was a very valuable player for Everton, which is why Moyes signed him for us, and he can still do a good job for any side other than the very best.

really cannot see it happen unless Jose can a better man-mountain somewhere else- he likes 'em big, he likes 'em strong, he likes 'em athletic and Fellaini ticks many of Jose's boxes
So is every guy at your local gym.

I, for one, would not miss Carrick. Then again, I have never been a member of his fan club. My nickname for him is Peter Brady (aka The Invisible Man)

I like when someone says they don't rate Carrick. Saves me a lot of time bothering to listen to their opinion on anything else remotely connected to football.

To be fair I don't blame you, I blame sky sports "only goalscorers get man of the match" attitude.

I like when someone says they don't rate Carrick. Saves me a lot of time bothering to listen to their opinion on anything else remotely connected to football.

To be fair I don't blame you, I blame sky sports "only goalscorers get man of the match" attitude.

I can't tell you how many arguments I had about Carrick between 2008-2014 but I don't think he's a had a good season by his standards, think his time is almost up.

Ah Jaysus.

I hope you're being hyperbolic there now.

Ah Jaysus.

I hope you're being hyperbolic there now.
Nope. Anyone who watches football with any appreciation beyond "man put ball in goal. Yay" can see how good Carrick is. To say he's invisible to you on the pitch should be considered an embarrassing confession.

Robson
Ince
Keane
Scholes
Fellaini

One of these things is not like the other things.

You could add any of our current midifielders and that would be the case

...which is kind of the fundamental point about a lack of genuine quality in the side, of which Fellaini is a particularly egregious example.

Even this doesn't look too good for the big fella.

Butt
Fletcher
Park
McLair
Fellaini

...which is kind of the fundamental point about a lack of genuine quality in the side, of which Fellaini is a particularly egregious example.

Even this doesn't look too good for the big fella.

Butt
Fletcher
Park
McLair
Fellaini

I meant you could add any of our current midfielders to the list of midfielders you gave and pogba is the only one who may end up looking the part

Absolutely no chance Mou will sell this guy. In most big matches Fellaini plays and he seems to be a player who Mou turns to and trusts. Plus if we would sell him, and Carrick does not get offered a new deal then that would leave us with Pogba, Herrera and Perreria coming back. There are other more important priorities in the squad this summer to sort out (like our attack)

I've never once doubted the fellas professionalism or work rate. Gives his everything for the team.

However the decision making and footballing ability just aren't where they need to be. The guy always looks a disaster waiting to happen. Never looked like a Manchester United player to me. Sell.

Nope. Anyone who watches football with any appreciation beyond "man put ball in goal. Yay" can see how good Carrick is. To say he's invisible to you on the pitch should be considered an embarrassing confession.

:lol:

Yes because scoring goals is not important in football
Letting other players score is not important in football
Recovering the ball for your team is not important in football
Closing gaps on the midfield is not important
Having the pace to keep up with opposing attackers is not important in football

As long as you have good passing success stats even if from sideways and backwards passing you must instantly be the best player and most impactful player in the squad.

The massive amount of supporters who claim Carrick isn't so good anymore and should either retire or be a fringe player at this stage in his career, must all giant idiots who know nothing about football and hence are inferior in every way.

Nothing arrogant and biased about this at all...

Amazing how we end up in this situation almost every season. Just 2 seasons ago, we were brimming with midfielders and look at us now.

We were never blessed with many quality options in midfield for the last 6 years, let alone 2. One of the biggest issues i had with SAF despite his last few league titles was that his team got by due to a strong defence and attack but very average midfield spine. That probably explained our lack of successes in the CL.

We were never blessed with many quality options in midfield for the last 6 years, let alone 2. One of the biggest issues i had with SAF despite his last few league titles was that his team got by due to a strong defence and attack but very average midfield spine. That probably explained our lack of successes in the CL.

Yeah, he took ages replacing Keane properly, and Scholes. His attempt at replacing Ronaldo wasn't all that either. As much as I like Valencia, look at the size of the hole Ronaldo left in our team! He let the Pogba thing spiral out of control too, then there was Cleverly and Anderson....

Fellaini put his house up for sale about 6 weeks ago, possibly just a coincidence.

:lol:

Yes because scoring goals is not important in football
Letting other players score is not important in football
Recovering the ball for your team is not important in football
Closing gaps on the midfield is not important
Having the pace to keep up with opposing attackers is not important in football

As long as you have good passing success stats even if from sideways and backwards passing you must instantly be the best player and most impactful player in the squad.

The massive amount of supporters who claim Carrick isn't so good anymore and should either retire or be a fringe player at this stage in his career, must all giant idiots who know nothing about football and hence are inferior in every way.

Nothing arrogant and biased about this at all...

I don't think he was talking about Carrick now, the other poster was saying he's never rated Carrick through his career. Which is a bit ridiculous to be fair.

I dont see him leaving. We'd have to sign a replacement for a start and we already need to overhaul the attack and possibly replace one or both of jones and smalling. Too many ins and outs would be bad for morale. Besides, i think he does his bit.

He really isnt a united player but i dont see jose selling him just yet. I think he will keep fellaini for one more season.

Barcelona wants Pareja, but they started negotiations with Marouane Fellaini, because Pareja isn't likely to come.
It's in the Belgian and Spanish newspapers.

Barcelona wants Pareja, but they started negotiations with Marouane Fellaini, because Pareja isn't likely to come.
It's in the Belgian and Spanish newspapers.
Where do you get these "rumours" from? In the Costa thread you also just stated that Chelsea have started negotiations with Benteke :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.