Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.
So who is leaving then?

If all the rumours of getting a DM, Perisic and James are correct, plus bringing back Pereira into the squad and giving Timothy Fosu-Mensah a chance, surely, someone has to leave?
If we get James, then Mata will be the one leaving. The new DM won't affect this because Fellaini won't be a starter. You can tell by the way Jose used him last season that he's not leaving. And Pereira will certainly be below Fellaini as backup. Unless we get a very good offer, we should keep him.

If we get James, then Mata will be the one leaving. The new DM won't affect this because Fellaini won't be a starter. You can tell by the way Jose used him last season that he's not leaving. And Pereira will certainly be below Fellaini as backup. Unless we get a very good offer, we should keep him.

Mata shouldn't be leaving. Aside from being a backup for the right side as well as number 10, he's a great super sub. We already don't have enough effectiveness off the bench so would be disappointing to lose him for me.

Barcelona wants Pareja, but they started negotiations with Marouane Fellaini, because Pareja isn't likely to come.
It's in the Belgian and Spanish newspapers.
:lol:
Fecking hell, I want this so much - both him gone and to see Messi-Iniesta-Neymar-Busquets playing alongside him :lol:

Proved he's more than worth keeping last season.

:lol:
Fecking hell, I want this so much - both him gone and to see Messi-Iniesta-Neymar-Busquets playing alongside him :lol:

As much as I detest Barsa, I would buy a Fellaini shirt to remember such a glorious operation forever.

Alas it was a fake account.

Mata shouldn't be leaving. Aside from being a backup for the right side as well as number 10, he's a great super sub. We already don't have enough effectiveness off the bench so would be disappointing to lose him for me.
I like Mata, but can't see us keeping Mata, Mikhi and Lingard if James signs. While Mourinho has used him a lot last season, I don't think he trusts him because he's defensively good (not the player's fault). So if one of Fellaini or Mata has to go, I think Jose would prefer we keep Fellaini, as he seems to genuinely trust him.
Anyway that was my last post of the day, so we'll continue this tomorrow XD

If we get James we are in the situation where we have sold Memphis, Rooney and released Ibra and replaced them with Perisic James and Lukaku. If anything there's an argument we need more depth.

Those defending him are still laughing at the notion that Barcelona could have any remote interest in him. Highlights the difference in teams. Surely the sort of players that interest them would be similar to us, and at the very least we shouldn't be laughing at them wanting one of our 'key players'?

Personally, I'm happy enough for him to stay by the way. Still not what I'd consider a 'Manchester United midfielder' but he's proven himself useful a number of times. In addition, the manager's primary plan seems to be to beat everyone up as opposed to outplay the so he will definitely be handy.

So who is leaving then?

If all the rumours of getting a DM, Perisic and James are correct, plus bringing back Pereira into the squad and giving Timothy Fosu-Mensah a chance, surely, someone has to leave?

As of now we have pogba Herrera him and carrick in CM. carrick isn't getting younger so we need another holding player. Pereira could be another option but it's highly unlikely we will keep him as a serious option. Neither of James and perisic are midfielders.

TFM would probably be loaned

If we get James we are in the situation where we have sold Memphis, Rooney and released Ibra and replaced them with Perisic James and Lukaku. If anything there's an argument we need more depth.
Memphis hardly played last season. Even Rooney was reduced to a squad player. The only starter who left is Zlatan, and we have already replaced him. So in addition to this, if we sign James and Perisic, we'll have more depth, especially considering Periera can also cover those positions. All of Lukaku, James and Perisic will be starters next season. If Mikhi plays on the other side, that'll leave us with Rashford, Martial, Fellaini, Periera and also Young. Plenty of good and different options if you ask me. All this is assuming it's a 4231, if we play 433, we'll have all these players (except Fellaini) competing for 3 places.

Memphis hardly played last season. Even Rooney was reduced to a squad player. The only starter who left is Zlatan, and we have already replaced him. So in addition to this, if we sign James and Perisic, we'll have more depth, especially considering Periera can also cover those positions. All of Lukaku, James and Perisic will be starters next season. If Mikhi plays on the other side, that'll leave us with Rashford, Martial, Fellaini, Periera and also Young. Plenty of good and different options if you ask me. All this is assuming it's a 4231, if we play 433, we'll have all these players (except Fellaini) competing for 3 places.

Yes and we looked short on quality because of all this.

I like Lingard and Rashford a lot, but if we're in a situation next season when they're getting regular games as starters (and Ashley Young is getting minutes full stop) then we aren't going to win the league.

True.

Pereira is more of an attacking midfielder though.

Meanwhile, am I the only one who would take James over Mata?

Yes and we looked short on quality because of all this.

I like Lingard and Rashford a lot, but if we're in a situation next season when they're getting regular games as starters (and Ashley Young is getting minutes full stop) then we aren't going to win the league.

In that scenario, even 4th place isn't guaranteed. It's just the same argument everybody has been having for a while - whilst the likes of Fellaini, Lingard and Rashford (at this stage in his career) are good squad players, if we want to be challengers for the league, they need to be the worst players in the squad, rather than first choice, especially in the 'big' games.

It's not even controversial (I think) - we need a big injection of attacking quality if we are to compete. Earlyish days but from now, new signings are missing out on vital preseason groundwork - it needs addressing quickly.

We need his aggressive play. I want him as a sub when things need to get going. He's the only one with some tendencies of wanting to fight.

We need his aggressive play. I want him as a sub when things need to get going. He's the only one with some tendencies of wanting to fight.
Exactly, and some fans like to pose as the toughest thing known to man by constantly agreeing with Keane on everything yet cant get behind him. A player thats truly physical. Yes not nearly as talented as Keane, or the midfielders united is used to, but hes a very valuable squad player.

Much more valuable then a Lingard, a Young, etc. I'd take Oxlade over those two in a heartbeat as a squad player (just a player whos versatile, english, pacey, a workhorse etc.)

Can't think of many players that are as good as Fellaini in the unique attributes he brings to a football match, especially in his position (players that can help teams dominate aerially completely).

Personally think this will be Mata's last season at United, especially if we keep the same manager (hopefully we do).

True.

Pereira is more of an attacking midfielder though.

Meanwhile, am I the only one who would take James over Mata?

Absolutely not, i think most on here would view James as a Mata 2.0, but the problem is dealing with perez and getting James for a reasonable price. I would think there would be a lot who would take him, but just not for 70-80m.

Absolutely not, i think most on here would view James as a Mata 2.0, but the problem is dealing with perez and getting James for a reasonable price. I would think there would be a lot who would take him, but just not for 70-80m.

Good to hear that. I had the impression that most people here don't rate James at all.

Yeah, hes a good player but number 10's arent hard to come by or expensive to sign. And when its a player who cant get a game at his club and they clearly want to sell the prices theyre quoting are a pisstake.

I don't want him to leave, he was actullay impressive at times last season and he fits a certain game type.

Status
Not open for further replies.