Gaming FC 25 (Fifa 25)

Give this a watch. PES 2021 had a good offline mode, and combined with these brilliant mods, you can play with very accurate replications of specific stadium cameras for every team, plus a host of mods that give a well balanced simulation.

See what I don't get, is why didn't Konami just get the people on board who modded this to make it official. Obviously they won't have got all the stadium rights, etc. But they could still have come up with a very good game in a relatively short time frame and probably for minimal cost...and then they could still have gone with their strategy of releasing it once and modding/updating rather than bringing a new game out every year, and could still promote their rubbish online mode with it.

I don't think you could mod efootball in the same way as they've arcadified it. Just seems like a massive balls up

So based on this:

- Do a normal season or do one from a point in time. Very easy to implement and nothing new gameplay-wise.
- Same fecking cutscenes (that one where she signs the ball has been there for ages)
- Player roles? Really, is that new?
- Scouting looks exactly the same, you can only hire based on Experience and Judgement, maximum of six and I guarantee it'll still do that thing where you have to wait for it to refresh weekly til a good one comes up instead of just being able to pick based on budget/availability.
- You have to play multiple Rush games to boost your youth players to ensure they reach their level. Instead of, you know? Playing them in the first team? Having them develop naturally in a youth squad?
- Training looks the same.
- Coaching and player screens look exactly the same.
- "Something our community has been asking for, is an update to press conferences" - Who the feck wanted this? Monotonous shite.
- Play with icons in career mode. As in sticking them in current teams. Again what is the point? People play this mode for immersion. Or at least they used to.
- Origin stories in Player Career. Basically set dressing. Will be nothing more than a few extra cut-scenes and commentary bits.
- Updated social media. Yaaay more pointless stuff to skip. Fabrizio Romano tweets announcing moves... fecking hell I hate so much of modern football.
- The same crap career mode but it's women's football.

Romano in FC 25. :lol:
"Simulation Mode" is the same sliders as in every game, except they've literally just branded you going in and changing sliders. :lol:

All I want is a decent career mode. I haven't played any of the recent games but I'm assuming stats in career mode still don't carry over to a new season? The fact that I can't lookup my players all time goals scored is absolutely ridiculous.
Me too, the neglect of career mode is infuriating. How can they not have coefficient club places for Europe etc? Very simple stats they can add, including historical records and trophies won etc, but they don’t bother.

I’ve been thinking for years I’d stop and I usually buy it impulsively.

So really. Nothing new. All repeated bullshit that's already in the game. Just added cutscenes, little training crap and the "new player career mode" is bollocks.

Mainoo should be about 82 at least and so should Garnacho, if Rashford is 81.

Yeah can’t argue other than Mainoo position. Need to see the actual ratings though not just summary stats.

If you guys haven't yet tried SP Football Life along with MegaPatch ....its a fully modded version of PES 21. Its up to date thru the end of the last season and at least MegaPatch announced it ll release its first new season update in the next few weeks. Best of all...its free.

Gfx still holds up very well and the gameplay is so much better than anything recent Fifa. Do note that between first having to download SP Football Life and then any faces or whatever and then the MegaPatch its a bit of a painful download but at least the latter has torrent magnets available which makes that one a bit quicker to get.

I've been enjoying it quite a lot. Wish I would have known about it sooner.

Don't fool yourselves guys, these ratings are generous. Our players are average.

Hazard etc as cartoon superheroes with cartoon Ultimate Team cards.

The F in FC25 just stands for Fortnite now.

Just occurred to me today that the new FIFA must be out soon so I looked up the new features for this year.

They are utterly shameless :lol:

Me too, the neglect of career mode is infuriating. How can they not have coefficient club places for Europe etc? Very simple stats they can add, including historical records and trophies won etc, but they don’t bother.

I’ve been thinking for years I’d stop and I usually buy it impulsively.

Coefficients wouldn't work unless they started including placeholders for unlicensed leagues/teams.

Coefficients wouldn't work unless they started including placeholders for unlicensed leagues/teams.
Can’t they just use the licenses of the teams they have ? You don’t have to have all leagues/teams.

Like the Extra teams you can add to CL if you want.

Can’t they just use the licenses of the teams they have ? You don’t have to have all leagues/teams.

Like the Extra teams you can add to CL if you want.

They could, but it wouldn't be remotely realistic anyway.

It is such a shite game and has been for years.

No idea why anyone bothers with it.

It’s a shame PES is rubbish these days, there’s a huge gap in the market for a proper football game that is good.

So based on this:

- Do a normal season or do one from a point in time. Very easy to implement and nothing new gameplay-wise.
- Same fecking cutscenes (that one where she signs the ball has been there for ages)
- Player roles? Really, is that new?
- Scouting looks exactly the same, you can only hire based on Experience and Judgement, maximum of six and I guarantee it'll still do that thing where you have to wait for it to refresh weekly til a good one comes up instead of just being able to pick based on budget/availability.
- You have to play multiple Rush games to boost your youth players to ensure they reach their level. Instead of, you know? Playing them in the first team? Having them develop naturally in a youth squad?
- Training looks the same.
- Coaching and player screens look exactly the same.
- "Something our community has been asking for, is an update to press conferences" - Who the feck wanted this? Monotonous shite.
- Play with icons in career mode. As in sticking them in current teams. Again what is the point? People play this mode for immersion. Or at least they used to.
- Origin stories in Player Career. Basically set dressing. Will be nothing more than a few extra cut-scenes and commentary bits.
- Updated social media. Yaaay more pointless stuff to skip. Fabrizio Romano tweets announcing moves... fecking hell I hate so much of modern football.
- The same crap career mode but it's women's football.

Wait, what? Icons in career mode?!

It is such a shite game and has been for years.

No idea why anyone bothers with it.

There’s no competition at all. People who love football or games like these don’t have any other options, it’s the only competitor in the market. It’s also addictive for a lot of people, even the ones who say the game is terrible, they’ll still pick it up and play it, especially FUT because again, it’s genuinely addictive for a lot of people.

It’s a case for a lot of sports games right now. Madden is the same. WWE games have been horrendous online and ran into the ground by 2K. It’s not just EA. A lot of them get comfortable without competition.

The thing is the game actually has some good things about it, let down by the other half being terrible. It sells so well that it’s almost as if they’ve become lazy and can’t be bother to implement actual new stuff.

It sucks that there isn't a really really good football game anymore. FM is the lesser of all evils but still has glaring issues.

There’s no competition at all. People who love football or games like these don’t have any other options, it’s the only competitor in the market. It’s also addictive for a lot of people, even the ones who say the game is terrible, they’ll still pick it up and play it, especially FUT because again, it’s genuinely addictive for a lot of people.

It’s a case for a lot of sports games right now. Madden is the same. WWE games have been horrendous online and ran into the ground by 2K. It’s not just EA. A lot of them get comfortable without competition.

The thing is the game actually has some good things about it, let down by the other half being terrible. It sells so well that it’s almost as if they’ve become lazy and can’t be bother to implement actual new stuff.

Efootball as a game is much better. I played both last year and in terms of gameplay there is no comparison between the two. But it's always suffered due to the lack of teams and licensing. Now online it has gone down that route of spend loads of money to get a team full of padded out classic players. Literally everyone has the same teams and it's all just about sprinting and using the AI controls to do half the work for you.

I guess this is the way these game have gone and the online engagement is where they will generate profits. I'm probably in the minority but gameplay for me has always been the main factor when playing these games.

Also, whoever decided the game needed loads of cut scenes and all that extra shite to skip though in both games before you get to start a game needs to be fecked off a tall building.

Last edited:
Efootball as a game is much better. I played both last year and in terms of gameplay there is no comparison between the two. But it's always suffered due to the lack of teams and licensing. Now online it has gone down that route of spend loads of money to get a team full of padded out classic players. Literally everyone has the same teams and it's all just about sprinting and using the AI controls to do half the work for you.

I guess this is the way these game have gone and the online engagement is where they will generate profits. I'm probably in the minority but gameplay for me has always been the main factor when playing these games.

Also, whoever decided the game needed loads of cut scenes and all that extra shite to skip though in both games before you get to start a game needs to be fecked off a tall building.

I used to be hardcore on PES up until a few years ago when it went in the absolute shitter. Spent years and years away from Fifa and playing PES online from the start of myClub etc. its all down to personal taste but PES for me doesn’t even have the gameplay advantage anymore, it’s absolutely terrible and a shadow of its former self. While FIFA is rubbish in many areas it does get some of the basics right, sadly efootball as it’s known now struggles to get anything right. Where it had the gameplay before, it doesn’t anymore IMO and they’ve been left in the dust. Even after the struggle to move up when the PS3 came out they still managed to recover a bit with later editions. The last few years though they’ve fallen off a cliff, it’s just not an alternative anymore sadly.

I used to be hardcore on PES up until a few years ago when it went in the absolute shitter. Spent years and years away from Fifa and playing PES online from the start of myClub etc. its all down to personal taste but PES for me doesn’t even have the gameplay advantage anymore, it’s absolutely terrible and a shadow of its former self. While FIFA is rubbish in many areas it does get some of the basics right, sadly efootball as it’s known now struggles to get anything right. Where it had the gameplay before, it doesn’t anymore IMO and they’ve been left in the dust. Even after the struggle to move up when the PS3 came out they still managed to recover a bit with later editions. The last few years though they’ve fallen off a cliff, it’s just not an alternative anymore sadly.

Efootball is free, or was the last time I checked. EA's game is an absolute rip off, all that money and you still have to spend more in the game to achieve anythting. The big screw up konami made, I think, was trying to make it a multi platform game, including mobile, but that just didn't work. It's much better in the recent versions.

I wouldn't agree that the FIFA gameplay is better, I played both a fair bit in the last year.
Efootball has it's issues, especially playing against AI, but even online as player v player game, for me it's much better than anything EA had done recently. EA has the edge on licenses and overall content and that's really about it.

Saw Carl Anka make a comment about the soundtrack but it's still surprised me at how good it is.

Fontaines, Fred Again, Justice, The Streets, Nia Archives, Jamie XX, Self Esteem. Big fan (won't buy the game).

Saw Carl Anka make a comment about the soundtrack but it's still surprised me at how good it is.

Fontaines, Fred Again, Justice, The Streets, Nia Archives, Jamie XX, Self Esteem. Big fan (won't buy the game).
iu

I enjoy Starburster, Sympathy Is A Knife, Black & Blue, Gangsta, Places to Be and All You Children.

Haven't heard much else.