Books Fantasy Reads

Just saw that Matt Dinniman is doing a Reddit AMA, but the more important news is that DCC was purchased to be developed as a TV show/movie!

200w.gif

Also Shadowmarch by Tad Williams is a great classic Fantasy series. And maybe Sean Russell - The Swan's War trilogy.
I'm reading Shadowmarch now, I've just started book 3 and am really enjoying it.

I only discovered Tad Williams earlier this year and raced through the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series and then the last King of Osten Ard, then decided while I wait for the last book to try the Shadowmarch series and am finding I prefer it to the others.

But they're all excellent, he always seems to start very slowly but his story telling and plotting is brilliant.

I started The Swan‘s War trilogy by Sean Russell but stopped 50 pages into it. It just felt kind of bland and dated. A bit like WoT or Brandon Sanderson.
Now I have nearly finished the first book of the Godblind trilogy by Anna Stephens. Definitely much better although there is still a lot of room for improvement in the next 2 installments.
I am at a point where I am not willing to finish stuff I am not really enjoying. This clearly enhanced my reading experience.

Anyone reading or have read the Red Rising Series by Pierce Brown? It's being adapted into a TV series. Hope they don't ruin it. It's a must read for fantasy lovers.

Anyone reading or have read the Red Rising Series by Pierce Brown? It's being adapted into a TV series. Hope they don't ruin it. It's a must read for fantasy lovers.
Read the first one or two and for some reason it didn’t click. That was years ago though, so maybe worth a retry?

Read the first one or two and for some reason it didn’t click. That was years ago though, so maybe worth a retry?
You should. It got better. I didn't read the last two yet because I have to read the ones I've read already to get a refresher. If it's adapted accurately it should be amazing based on the character, costumes etc.

Re-listening to DCC right now. Holy shit it’s so good. Is there a better book/narrator combo ever made? It’s perfection.