Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

He seems to be one of those twitter/x hype pre season hype players. Same with Nkunku. I'm not feeling it tbh.

I get the Nkunku hype in the sense that he's way underpriced if he lives up to his potential.

I just don't get why people need to have him from GW1 given two of Chelsea's opening three fixtures are City and Palace, the teams who conceded the 2nd and 5th fewest goals last season respectively. And the other game is Wolves away, which is good but not stellar.

Think you can afford to wait and see with Chelsea players for at least the first couple of weeks. If Nkunku really looks great then he's not that hard to get in.

I get the Nkunku hype in the sense that he's way underpriced if he lives up to his potential.

I just don't get why people need to have him from GW1 given two of Chelsea's opening three fixtures are City and Palace, the teams who conceded the 2nd and 5th fewest goals last season respectively. And the other game is Wolves away, which is good but not stellar.

Think you can afford to wait and see with Chelsea players for at least the first couple of weeks. If Nkunku really looks great then he's not that hard to get in.

Defo. I have PTSD from the near season ruining Chelsea triple up that was popular early last season as well based on some plum looking fixtures.

He was £8m last year and missed chunks of the season. Liverpool have probably the best set of fixtures at the start and he is probably the only nailed player worth getting from them (unless you can get Salah).

If the scouse cnuts start strong, you will need coverage there. I don't have him myself but I can see the appeal.

Ideally you want one of Gakpo, Diaz or Nunez but it's impossible to guess which of these will play.

I guess but I haven't seen any of this Liverpool side yet under the new manager so don't know if he'll be used in the same way that Klopp used him. Another wait and see for me unless the rest of pre-season gives us a clearer indication. And yeah I do want some Liverpool attacking coverage by GW1. Got my eye on Jota and Gakpo at the moment.

Last edited:
Anyone going for Muniz from Fulham on here? Only 6m and got 97pts in 18 games last season.

Flash in the pan or can he keep it going this season?

Also seeing a lot of TAA love in these online drafts. I must be missing something again but since when has he been back on the table at that price?
I think you look at it this way - if TAA fires and scores 185+ for the season then no player in that 7.0 bracket either in midfield or attack that can match.

I guess but I haven't seen any of this Liverpool side yet under the new manager so don't know if he'll be used in the same way that Klopp used him. Another wait and see for me unless the rest of pre-season gives us a clearer indication. And yeah I do want some Liverpool attacking coverage by GW1. Got my eye on Jota and Gakpo at the moment.
Plenty of hype comes from the fact Slot apparently could use him similarly to his last super offensive right back at Feyenoord - Geertruida got 8 goals and 5 assists in 34 league games, which are sick returns for a defender. Add to that TAA will be on some set pieces and I think he's a good pick at the start of the season. Obviously would prefer Scousers to not deliver!

Anyone going for Muniz from Fulham on here? Only 6m and got 97pts in 18 games last season.

Flash in the pan or can he keep it going this season?
He's in all my drafts at the moment, everyone seems to be going for Joao Pedro if they need a cheap forward, but I got too burnt with his injuries last season.

He's in all my drafts at the moment, everyone seems to be going for Joao Pedro if they need a cheap forward, but I got too burnt with his injuries last season.

So far I have, can't be arsed trying to squeeze in Salah or Haaland. I will probably end up putting in Saka and Isak and changing it up a bit.

Pickford
Gvardiol Saliba Gabriel
Garnacho Foden Palmer Odegaard Gordon
Watkins Hojlund

Subs: Turner, Anderson, Muniz, Barco​

So far I have, can't be arsed trying to squeeze in Salah or Haaland. I will probably end up putting in Saka and Isak and changing it up a bit.

Pickford
Gvardiol Saliba Gabriel
Garnacho Foden Palmer Odegaard Gordon
Watkins Hojlund

Subs: Turner, Anderson, Muniz, Barco​
I've just tried to fit Haaland in and don't like any draft with him in. These two are mainly based on teams that have good starts, you can fit in 3 other premiumish players if you leave Haaland out.

3-4-3

Sanchez (Turner)
Martinez, Konsa, Andersen (Davis, Mykolenko)
Gordon, Eze, Palmer, Hudson-Odoi (Rogers)
Watkins, Isak, Haaland

Or

3-5-2

Sanchez (Turner)
Martinez, Konsa, Alexander-Arnold (Davis, Mykolenko)
Gordon, Eze, Palmer, Foden, Odegaard
Watkins, Isak (Muniz)

I'm going to go Haaland / Salah this time still. It's pretty easy to switch out of Haaland + Salah than to go without and put them in at a later point. WC as the worst-case scenario but the fixture difficulty (esp for Pool) can't be overlooked. Also the risk of Haaland going for a big haul against Ipswich. Defence is a pretty light so that's a concern.

5.0 (Sanchez)
4.5 (Martinez), 4.5 (Burn), 4.5 (Konsa)
Gordon, Eze, Salah, ESR
Haaland, Watkins, Isak​

4.0 GK, Barco, Winks, Faes

Forward line and 3 mids are locked in. Juggling the 4.5s, subs and GK.

Last edited:

Yep JP is a trap - Muniz / Wood should be the cheap forward if you need one. Can't look past Isak, Watkins, Haaland though.

I've just tried to fit Haaland in and don't like any draft with him in. These two are mainly based on teams that have good starts, you can fit in 3 other premiumish players if you leave Haaland out.

3-4-3

Sanchez (Turner)
Martinez, Konsa, Andersen (Davis, Mykolenko)
Gordon, Eze, Palmer, Hudson-Odoi (Rogers)
Watkins, Isak, Haaland

Or

3-5-2

Sanchez (Turner)
Martinez, Konsa, Alexander-Arnold (Davis, Mykolenko)
Gordon, Eze, Palmer, Foden, Odegaard
Watkins, Isak (Muniz)
That’s the trade off isn’t?

A balanced team of 7-9/10s or a supposedly 10/10 and some average players/less depth.

Will Haaland cover those 2/3 better players… some weeks maybe but not all.

Foden might be the way to get some City but not sure he’s nailed

Neto
Gvardiol, Davis, Gusto
Son (C), Palmer, Eze, Hudson-Odoi
Haaland, Isak, Hojlund

Subs: 4.0 GK, Harwood-Bellis, Barco, Winks,

Thoughts? My only concern is the lack of Arsenal coverage.

Neto
Gvardiol, Davis, Gusto
Son (C), Palmer, Eze, Hudson-Odoi
Haaland, Isak, Hojlund

Subs: 4.0 GK, Harwood-Bellis, Barco, Winks,

Thoughts? My only concern is the lack of Arsenal coverage.
Bournemouth have a tough opening schedule. Davis is from Ipswich? No idea how they are going to perform plus the first 2 weeks is a wash for them. Hojlund? I wouldn’t trust any of our players until we play Liverpool in week 3. Would downgrade Palmer and Hojlund so you can upgrade Hudson Odoi.

Would Palmer, Hojlund and Hudson Odoi outscore Odegaard, Bruno/Gordon and Muniz?

Amad at 5 million as a bench player is worth a shout.

Should McTominay go to Fulham he could score 10+ goals

Bournemouth have a tough opening schedule. Davis is from Ipswich? No idea how they are going to perform plus the first 2 weeks is a wash for them. Hojlund? I wouldn’t trust any of our players until we play Liverpool in week 3. Would downgrade Palmer and Hojlund so you can upgrade Hudson Odoi.

Would Palmer, Hojlund and Hudson Odoi outscore Odegaard, Bruno/Gordon and Muniz?
Davis' attacking stats are very good for a 4.5m defender. Not sure how that will translate into the PL but it feels best to own him early instead of wasting a transfer on him after a few GWs.

You're probably right with Neto. Might replace him with Sanchez due to Chelsea's easier start.

I originally had Gordon but doubling up on him and Isak seems a bit much. I want one United player - I'll probably end up with Bruno instead of Hojlund depending on how Hojlund does in preseason/community shield.

Davis' attacking stats are very good for a 4.5m defender. Not sure how that will translate into the PL but it feels best to own him early instead of wasting a transfer on him after a few GWs.

You're probably right with Neto. Might replace him with Sanchez due to Chelsea's easier start.

I originally had Gordon but doubling up on him and Isak seems a bit much. I want one United player - I'll probably end up with Bruno instead of Hojlund depending on how Hojlund does in preseason/community shield.
I understand your POV on Davis but just to be the devils advocate - in case they don’t start well and he doesn’t get a return the first 3 weeks, I can see people selling him which means his price will drop given his ownership %.

For all of us going without Haaland we are truly going to be shitting our pants when Ipswich visit City in GW2. I’m planning on going without Salah as well and Ipswich host Liverpool in GW1 so I expect to be shitting my pants for weeks 1 and 2.

First Draft:

Martinez
Trent
- L. Martinez - Burn
Son - De Bruyne - Nkunku - Saka
Isak - Watkins - Darwin

OR

Sanchez
Robertson
- L. Martinez - Burn
Salah - De Bruyne - Nkunku - Saka - Maddison
Isak - Watkins

Second Draft: Got in both Haaland and Salah:

Sanchez
Van de Ven - Shaw - Burn
Eze - Salah - Odegaard - Nkunku - Maddison
Toney - Haaland
Third Draft:

Sanchez
TAA - Andersen - Burn/Konsa
Son - KDB - Saka - Bruno - Eze
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Son - KDB - Saka - Nkunku - Eze
Isak - Watkins - Muniz

Muniz will be my first bench option. Trying to decide between Nkunku and Bruno. I might stick with KDB to start the season cause both him and Son are differentials.

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Def feels much harder this time around. Last year Palmer was a cheat code and Foden and Gordon were very cheap for the haul

Torn between squeezing Haaland and Salah in…or spreading the load.

I try to avoid Utd players. Cos if we under perform and drop points, I loose twice. But Bruno is relatively cheap and Rashford…well we all know he’s capable…but which Marcus turns up this year?

Third Draft:

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins - Muniz

Muniz will be my first bench option. Trying to decide between Nkunku and Bruno. I might stick with KDB to start the season cause both him and Son are differentials.

I quite like the bottom one but I'm not too keen on KDB. He isn't nailed, xG skewed towards assists etc.

Third Draft:

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins - Muniz

Hugely proven Bruno, that also makes watching our games more entertaining, or Nkunku starting with City.
He might be this season's hot pick but feels like a watch job.

No Salah or Haaland clearly the huge risk. And Saliba/Gabriel and Gvaridol ended the season pretty much essential.

No Haaland/Salah draft:

Sanchez
Gvardiol, Mykolenko, Licha
Saka, Palmer, Son, Eze, Foden
Isak, Hojlund

Subs: Turner, João Pedro, Andersen, Faes

I actually quite like that team.

I really like my current Haaland+Salah Draft.
At the moment I think I will start with these two as they had the summer off and should be a secure way to points in the first 5-6 GW's. Midfield obviously a bit of a risk but Nkunku and Rashford could be very good picks this year and CHO has a brilliant fixture list and is secured in that Nottingham Side.
If I can stay disziplined with the squad and role the Transfers for a few GW's I could then react if required.

Current Draft:
Henderson
Saliba Burn Mykolenko
Salah Nkunku Hodson-Odoi Rashford
Havertz Haaland Isak

Turner, Konsa, Rogers, Harwood-b.

Last edited:
I quite like the bottom one but I'm not too keen on KDB. He isn't nailed, xG skewed towards assists etc.

Hugely proven Bruno, that also makes watching our games more entertaining, or Nkunku starting with City.
He might be this season's hot pick but feels like a watch job.

No Salah or Haaland clearly the huge risk. And Saliba/Gabriel and Gvaridol ended the season pretty much essential.
Appreciate the feedback. Think I found a way of working Salah into my lineup. I basically got to decide between Foden/KdB and Trent vs Salah and Robertson/Saliba.

Having trouble with keepers. Not sure which keepers priced 4.5 will start. Sanchez, Henderson, Flekken all have competition. Instead of going with two 4.5 keepers, might have to go with a 5.0 and a 4.

Sanchez
Robertson - Anderson - Konsa/Burn
Son - Salah - Saka - Nkunku - Eze
Isak - Watkins

OR

Sanchez
Robertson - Anderson - Konsa/Burn
Son - Bailey/6.5m - Saka - Nkunku - Eze
Isak - Haaland

Its come down to Haaland and a 6.5m vs Salah and Watkins. What say you cafe?
I have passed on Haaland and gone with Salah and Watkins.

I have passed on Haaland and gone with Salah and Watkins.
I have a slight hesitation with Salah since its a new manager and we dont know how fast off the gate they will be. If Salah misfires for 2-3 weeks to begin the season the Haaland owners will be way ahead given the ease of schedule.

I have a slight hesitation with Salah since its a new manager and we dont know how fast off the gate they will be. If Salah misfires for 2-3 weeks to begin the season the Haaland owners will be way ahead given the ease of schedule.
I have an extra .5 so I could go Watkins and Salah to Haarlaand and Rashford

Thoughts on Muniz? I see some hype over him but his stats doesn't back that much.

I really like his fixtures until about week 6, so he is definitely a consideration for me. 9 goals in 18 starts and Leicester, Ipswich, Forest and home to west ham in first 6.

Thoughts on Muniz? I see some hype over him but his stats doesn't back that much.

He's not on penalties , free kicks or corners, and Joao Pedro is 5.5.
I actually prefer Muniz. I think from GW23 to GW 38 he scored like 9 goals if I’m not mistaken. He was on fire towards the end of the season. JP is a lot more inconsistent but he might be a good option until Ferguson gets back cause there isn’t much competition. Muniz has way better fixtures as well so I think he is worth the 0.5 more.

Read a few bits suggesting the new Pool manager plays wingers as "inside forwards".
So we'll see.

The risk feels the Ipswich game week 1 for Liverpool and week 2 for City

Unpopular opinion but Eze is overrated and overhyped by FPL influencers.

New manager effect will fade and he could be marked more and have a lesser team around him when Olise isn’t there. On penalties though, but Id rather have Bailey than Eze. And for 0.5 more Gordon over Eze.

Im just not convinced Eze can be counted on and has continuity in his points. Also he’s been a bit injured last year.

Read a few bits suggesting the new Pool manager plays wingers as "inside forwards".
So we'll see.

The risk feels the Ipswich game week 1 for Liverpool and week 2 for City
He also likes full backs high on the pitch. With Pool schedule I think Trent and Salah are worth a money.

Haaland draft. Week, 4.5 mil defence, strong midfield, strongest attack possible.
Sanchez
Burn, Lisandro, Andersen (Barco, Mykolenko)
Bruno, Nkunku, Saka, Gordon (winks)
Watkins, Haaland, Isak

Salah draft. Premium defence (without Arsenal though), pretty strong midfield, gamble on Muniz in first 11, awful bench.

Pope
Gvardiol, Trent, Dalot (dross, dross)
Bruno, Kdb/Foden, Kudus, Salah (dross)
Watkins, Isak, Muniz

My biggest issue is; how important will defence be? Is 35 mil on defence and gks worth it.

Having trouble with keepers. Not sure which keepers priced 4.5 will start. Sanchez, Henderson, Flekken all have competition. Instead of going with two 4.5 keepers, might have to go with a 5.0 and a 4.

Yeah this is annoying. Keep coming back to Pickford/Virginia just for the safety of it and also the fact I know I won't want any more Everton players than those 2.

Salah or No Salah is gonna be the big decision for me come GW1. Barring an injury I'm absolutely not starting without Haaland but I feel I can get away without Salah especially if I can nail down who starts up front for them.