Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Thanks, didn't know that.

Flekken
Van de Ven Dalot Mykolenko
Diaz Bruno Odegaard Nkunko
Isak(c) Watkins Haaland(v)

Subs: Sachez Burn Davies Yarmoulik

Went with Diaz instead Gordon because his ownership is about 7%, could be a good differential early on!
I honestly wouldn’t bother with Spurs defence, they concede almost every game and there will be no bonus or attacking returns with VdV.

I honestly wouldn’t bother with Spurs defence, they concede almost every game and there will be no bonus or attacking returns with VdV.
Cheers, what alternative would you suggest for 4,5m?

Cheers, what alternative would you suggest for 4,5m?
Maybe an Anderson or Konsa? I want to see how United/Chelsea look in pre-season too. There could be value there with one of theirs.

Surprised so few are selecting either of Gabriel or Saliba.

Is this because of their price? Or because of a slight change to bonus rules?
As both were beast selections last year with a lot going with both late on.
Ben White has probably squeezed to too high a price at 6.5, but there's got to be room for 2 premiums.

Although Gvardiol looks good at the moment. But we've been burnt by Pep suddenly changing player roles and someone else emerges as the high scoring player.

Current draft:

Sanchez
Martinez, Van De Ven, Mykolenko
Saka, Palmer, Nkunku, Eze, Garnacho
Haaland, Isaak

Subs: Turner, João Pedro, Davies, Faes

Seems massive unbalanced, that defense is piss poor. Would like to have one £6m defender like Gabriel.

Might have to downgrade Saka to Odegaard to be able to upgrade a £4.5m to Gabriel.

Current draft:

Sanchez
Haaland, Isaak

Seems massive unbalanced, that defense is piss poor. Would like to have one £6m defender like Gabriel.

Might have to downgrade Saka to Odegaard to be able to upgrade a £4.5m to Gabriel.
Been listening to Chris Isaak much lately?

Current draft:

Sanchez
Haaland, Isaak

Big question with Palmer, is will Chelsea get 10 penalties again this season. Those massively hyped his stats up.
And is Nkunko expected to be a starter?

With Haaland though, you need to make some big sacrifices, and no strong defensive options is certainly one.

I saw a lot of people get away with no Haaland last year, until he'd throw in a 2 goaler. It's a calculation of whether his big weeks can be managed by the rest of your lineup.

Big question with Palmer, is will Chelsea get 10 penalties again this season. Those massively hyped his stats up.
And is Nkunko expected to be a starter?

With Haaland though, you need to make some big sacrifices, and no strong defensive options is certainly one.

I saw a lot of people get away with no Haaland last year, until he'd throw in a 2 goaler. It's a calculation of whether his big weeks can be managed by the rest of your lineup.
Palmer did get a lot of pens but his attacking stats are excellent, but you may be right that he might not be worth the £10.5m. If fit, Nkunku should definitely start.

I can easily swap Saka and Martinez to Odegaard and Gabriel. But i do like having Saka.

A lot to ponder on.

Can the Chelsea fans on here confirm whether Sanchez or Petrovic will be their no1 at the start of the season?

So I sacked off Haaland in my second draft and I'm happier with the balance.

Pope
Gabriel - Mykolenko - Shaw
Garnacho - Foden - Palmer - Odegaard - Saka
Isak - Wat

Anderson is the first bench option and can be rotated with Myko depending on fixtures. Rest of the bench is fodder.

I'm hoping the midfield carries me in the absence of Haaland. Isak and Watkins can hopefully bag some points too.

Last edited:
So I sacked off Haaland in my second draft and I'm happier with the balance.

Pope
Gabriel - Mykolenko - Shaw
Garnacho - Foden - Palmer - Odegaard - Saka
Isak - Wat

Anderson is the first bench option and can be rotated with Myko depending on fixtures. Rest of the bench is fodder.

I'm hoping the midfield carries me in the absence of Haaland. Isak and Watkins can hopefully bag some points too.

Captain choice becomes more of a consideration doesn't it.
When you have Haaland or Salah you're almost duty bound to use them, unless they're away to a tough team.

In your front 7 anyone one of them could smash it, but chances are you'll pick the wrong one!

Like the team in general, but would want to squeeze another big defender in.

Captain choice becomes more of a consideration doesn't it.
When you have Haaland or Salah you're almost duty bound to use them, unless they're away to a tough team.

In your front 7 anyone one of them could smash it, but chances are you'll pick the wrong one!

Like the team in general, but would want to squeeze another big defender in.

Totally agree about the captain because he's the safe pick but last year I ended up defaulting to Haaland most of the time and I found it a bit boring picking him each week, particularly when he didn't turn up. I figure running with Palmer or Saka or Foden (even Watkins) dependent on fixtures at least mixes the game up a bit.

Agree also about defence. I'm considering downsizing garnacho if a 5/6 mill midfielder emerges early on (Rogers?) and using the cash to go for Walker etc but I'm playing it safe for the start. Shaw I think is very underpriced right now considering how our defence will be better with him and Licha back in it (well, in theory).

Last edited:
Can't get my head around starting without Haaland. Always move into the biggest house first as it's easier to downsize.
Thing is, it will still cost points.

You get rid of Haaland and suddenly you want 3 other upgrades. You want Haaland and you need 3 other downgrades.

Thing is, it will still cost points.

You get rid of Haaland and suddenly you want 3 other upgrades. You want Haaland and you need 3 other downgrades.

There's always value players that emerge though. As boring as it is Haaland is still by far the #1 captain option in the game as the best striker playing on the best (cheating) team. I think things get a little more interesting maybe if the rumours about KDB leaving turn out to be true. Does that make Foden at #10 a must have? Is Alvarez back in the picture?

There's always value players that emerge though. As boring as it is Haaland is still by far the #1 captain option in the game as the best striker playing on the best (cheating) team. I think things get a little more interesting maybe if the rumours about KDB leaving turn out to be true. Does that make Foden at #10 a must have? Is Alvarez back in the picture?
I currently have Haaland. I would go Foden but after seeing him stink up the Euro's, I'm not sure he will be in the right headspace or may even get minutes managed as he played a lot (but did very little).

I currently have Haaland. I would go Foden but after seeing him stink up the Euro's, I'm not sure he will be in the right headspace or may even get minutes managed as he played a lot (but did very little).

He'll be back in his cheaty little comfort zone with his shit haircut banging the goals in again.

If one of the England boys is likely to be slowly integrated again, it’s Foden. Pep has Doku and Grealish so Foden could well be given time. Arteta will just keep running Saka until he is broken, but I think Foden might miss first few games.

Can the Chelsea fans on here confirm whether Sanchez or Petrovic will be their no1 at the start of the season?
Signs pointing towards Sanchez or a new incoming goalkeeper. Petrovic hasn't travelled for the pre-season tour (together with notable absentee Chalobah). The rumoured incoming goalkeepers seem to be around the same level as Sanchez, so we'll see how that would go, but out of Sanchez and Petrovic the former looks the more likely to start.

Can't get my head around starting without Haaland. Always move into the biggest house first as it's easier to downsize.
It’s just a case of what you can get instead of Haaland. I have Watkins, Isak, Son, Saka, KDB and Palmer. I’m sure they can negate the points Haaland plus who ever you have in midfield or at least come close to matching them.

It’s just a case of what you can get instead of Haaland. I have Watkins, Isak, Son, Saka, KDB and Palmer. I’m sure they can negate the points Haaland plus who ever you have in midfield or at least come close to matching them.
KDB would hurt my nerves. So much money sitting there when he doesn't play.

KDB would hurt my nerves. So much money sitting there when he doesn't play.
He was injured last season but when he came back he was pretty good and he starts more often than the others bar Rodri. He played 1200 minutes last year and scored almost 100 points with a xGI of 0.70.

Good point around spreading the risk, but I’m guessing you’re not compromising all those players when choosing Haaland, are? Sure you can still fit in 3-4 of them? I say this without having even looked at the game yet, although I know Haaland is starting at 15m.

Barco at 4, isnt that a good deal? Or wont he play? He looked good and very offensive last season when I sae them

He was injured last season but when he came back he was pretty good and he starts more often than the others bar Rodri. He played 1200 minutes last year and scored almost 100 points with a xGI of 0.70.
Foden surely is more safe

Signs pointing towards Sanchez or a new incoming goalkeeper. Petrovic hasn't travelled for the pre-season tour (together with notable absentee Chalobah). The rumoured incoming goalkeepers seem to be around the same level as Sanchez, so we'll see how that would go, but out of Sanchez and Petrovic the former looks the more likely to start.
Yeah, everything I’ve read said Sanchez is no.1 but the club want another goalie to challenge him

Good point around spreading the risk, but I’m guessing you’re not compromising all those players when choosing Haaland, are? Sure you can still fit in 3-4 of them? I say this without having even looked at the game yet, although I know Haaland is starting at 15m.
It depends on what you choose to prioritize. You can get maybe in 10m mid and the rest have to be 8.5 or cheaper. If not your team will be unbalanced.

Foden surely is more safe
Foden played last year cause KdB was injured. If they are both fit, KdB starts more games than Foden. There is also a set position for KDB in the team while Foden gets moved around a lot. KDB also takes set pieces.

Foden played last year cause KdB was injured. If they are both fit, KdB starts more games than Foden. There is also a set position for KDB in the team while Foden gets moved around a lot. KDB also takes set pieces.
Don't think so this season. KdB is looking leggy and I expect his minutes will be more heavily managed. I'd absolutely expect foden to play more than him, whether kdb is injured or not.

If KdB was 5 years younger then yes if both fit. He’s 33 now and at times looked knackered where Foden sprints in 90 minute being in his peak form. It’s not like they exclude each other when fit, Foden will most likely just get more minutes overall.

General consensus around the biggest FPL influencers is Foden is the safest pick of the two.

It's pretty clear Foden is a proper first chance must start now. KdB and he both started games it's not one or the other.

There's a chance Foden starts the season with a euros break but then it's KDB who massively needs to be managed these days.

Back in after years away. I got sick of wanting players do well for teams I didn't like.

Gone with Dalot, Martinez and Mainoo for United. Subject to change.

What do people think to Hudson-Odoi? He had a strong end to the season and Forest's opening fixtures look winnable.