Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I will have to Free Hit if that's the case as well. Will have Salah, Trent, James, Raya, Toney, Jesus, Martinelli, Saliba all out.

Nothing to do with smart chip use just pure bad luck and we'll have to suck it up. People who wildcarded last week and were allowed to roll it over got lucky.

I didn't know we had a free hit, I was saying there should be one. Thanks for mentioning that. By Friday we should know which games will be played.

Pretty annoying that I transferred Perisic out for Dalot last week to use up my free transfer. Would have literally been more useful to burn the transfer.

Somehow I’ve still got 9 players playing with two FTs so I’ll be looking to get by this week and then use the wildcard. Team looks pretty weak but so often in these situations we see average scores of 40 and it’s not worth the free hit.

I can put this XI out :

Pope
Trippier --- Cancelo -- Gabriel
Andreas---Da Silva --- Dewsbury Hall -- Martinelli
Jesus--- Haaland --- Kane

Ward -- TAA -- Dalot --- Diaz

I have 1 free transfer - and 1.8m in the bank? What's the best play? Da Silva to Bailey? Shall I take a hit and also get DH out as well?

So "Due to a drain on police resources in London, Arsenal's short trip to Brentford has been moved forward from a 2pm to 12pm kick-off on Sunday", but...

... United's game set for 2pm on Sunday is off because London needs extra police to help them?
Makes absolutely no sense that we don't play and Arsenal play.
I was thinking it could be more down to OT generally being a much bigger tourist/public attraction and also all the protests that have been happening lately. I had a feeling they will take that game off, given the sheer volumes a united home game attracts in general.

I’ve finally ditched Salah after I don’t know how long. Replaced him with De Bruyne.

Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea all being postponed is a major headache now!

Might just have to use the free hit for this week!

I was thinking it could be more down to OT generally being a much bigger tourist/public attraction and also all the protests that have been happening lately. I had a feeling they will take that game off, given the sheer volumes a united home game attracts in general.
It's because it's the biggest policed game (after last one especially), I get that.

But to call GMP to London and still have any games in London, even if it's Brentford, is a slap. If we're getting pissed about, every PL club should do.

Free hit is separate to wildcard.

Don’t forget, you get 3 wildcards this year as well. 1st one has to be used before the GW before World Cup.
Oops meant to say free hit OR WC

I’ve finally ditched Salah after I don’t know how long. Replaced him with De Bruyne.

Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea all being postponed is a major headache now!

Might just have to use the free hit for this week!

Will probably do so this as well. And a -4 to move DaSilva to someone who will start.

Have £5.6m. Thinking Gordon, Fornals or *gulp* Bailey again.

Or I could move Harrison with the -4 which leaves me with £7.2m. That sounds better actually. DaSilva was only ever a 3rd bench player.

Still fancy Gordon or one of the Newcastle mids. ASM and Joelinton the picks.

As of now they are still playing games in London , Brentford/Arsenal and Spurs/Leciester are still on. Won't they be cancelled as well?

Will probably do so this as well. And a -4 to move DaSilva to someone who will start.

Have £5.6m. Thinking Gordon, Fornals or *gulp* Bailey again.

Or I could move Harrison with the -4 which leaves me with £7.2m. That sounds better actually. DaSilva was only ever a 3rd bench player.
I literally can’t remember the last time I didn’t have Salah in my team over the last few seasons.

As of now they are still playing games in London , Brentford/Arsenal and Spurs/Leciester are still on. Won't they be cancelled as well?
No. Most London teams don't care about the Queen. Only Manchester United and Leeds care for them.

I’ve got 6 players playing and I literally have no idea what I’m going to do.

Don’t want to WC because I think I’ll need to take a hit to get to anything that resembles the team I really want the week after and will only have 1 FT having used my 3 FTs of the last 2 weeks!

Tempted by the FH but I think that will come in really useful in the later weeks, especially considering how fecked up this season has been so far

Hit the WC 1.3m ITB
Pope Ward
Trippier Cancelo James Williams Andersen
Maddison Zaha Son Martinelli Andreas
Isak Mitrovic Haaland

If I do two transfers and take the -4 I can field 11 players. Might do that and WC as planned the following week.

If I do two transfers and take the -4 I can field 11 players. Might do that and WC as planned the following week.

WC the week after a hit seems madness.

I'm in between a -8 to make 4 transfers to get 11, but could do a -4 to get 10 as long as I'm bringing decent chance of hauls types in, like de Bruyne, Mitrovic and 1 defender. Leaves it a bit risky though as just takes some Pep madness to ruin it all.

Fh seems a waste this early as there's bound to be an obvious week for it later.
WC problem is removing people you may want later. Albeit having to make one in next 7 or so weeks anyway.

WC the week after a hit seems madness.

I'm in between a -8 to make 4 transfers to get 11, but could do a -4 to get 10 as long as I'm bringing decent chance of hauls types in, like de Bruyne, Mitrovic and 1 defender. Leaves it a bit risky though as just takes some Pep madness to ruin it all.

Fh seems a waste this early as there's bound to be an obvious week for it later.
WC problem is removing people you may want later. Albeit having to make one in next 7 or so weeks anyway.
Yeah but the hit isn't for long term but instead to get 11 players out so if the player I bring in just plays, the hit will most likely be only a -2. I'm ok with that.

• Does it makes sense to sub out Jesus for Mitrovic considering the games coming after the international break or should I persist with Jesus this week? Mitro against a dire NFO defense would be tasty.
  • Also planning to switch out Da Silva. Who the better option between Bailey and Fornals? Villa have Sou, Leeds, NFO, Chel, Ful, Bre coming up with West Ham playing Eve, Wol, Ful, Sou, Pool, Bou.

I know I am switching two players with matches but I am not sure of Da Silva minutes. Also, remaining non-playing players are Diaz, James, Taa and Mac Allister (I just transferred him last week and repenting)
  • Should I be transferring out Mac Allister or Da Silva? Mac Allister has NONE, Pool, Spurs, Bre, NFO, City and Chelsea coming up

Used my 2 transfers early last week to beat the price rises while Liz was still raising prime ministers. I brought in Dalot and Rashford.

7 players missing and no transfers to work with. Lovely.

I have 9 players with 2 free transfers. Plan to take Salah and TAA out and then wildcard during the international break.
Pretty much unlimited budget for a defender and midfield this week.

I'm on holiday so haven't been paying much attention but hope to make changes on Thursday or Friday so I don't miss the deadline.

Hmm...If it's just three blanks then I can use my 2x FTs to get a full team out.

Ward (may as well play no keeper)
Cancelo / Trippier / Saliba / Neco Williams
Foden / Martinelli / Andreas
Haaland / Jesus / Mitrovic

Feels a bit lightweight in midfield...
But would mean I can activate WC/tinker to my hearts content over the international break

Similar side to mine. I might go slightly left field and get ASM in for Diaz and take a -4 to get Mitro in for Taylor.

As I'll WC after GW8, I'm a little dubious about taking a points hit for one week, but I'd like the Neco or Andreas off the bench option in case there are any late injuries or rotations.

I could take a -4 hit and field 10 players:
Ward
Williams - Trippier - Cancelo - Perisic
Diaz - De Bruyne - Martinelli
Jesus - Haaland - Toney/Isak

Sanchez - Rashford - Gross - Dalot
I'm better off using the wildcard aren't I? Spurs are going to put 7 past Ward and my two Brighton lads look far less attractive now that Potter is gone.

I aint doing anything until the midweek games are out of the way either.

You know this will be the weekend that Pep decides to rest Haaland as well. :)

Similar side to mine. I might go slightly left field and get ASM in for Diaz and take a -4 to get Mitro in for Taylor.

As I'll WC after GW8, I'm a little dubious about taking a points hit for one week, but I'd like the Neco or Andreas off the bench option in case there are any late injuries or rotations.
ASM might be injured so keep an eye on that.

The really annoying thing is everyone is now bringing in Mitro which was my planned transfer this week (Jesus>Mitro).

Will have to wait on that now so Christ knows what he'll cost when I eventually get him in.

I have 9 players with 2 free transfers. Plan to take Salah and TAA out and then wildcard during the international break.
Pretty much unlimited budget for a defender and midfield this week.

I'm on holiday so haven't been paying much attention but hope to make changes on Thursday or Friday so I don't miss the deadline.

Same position as me. Might as well have a bit of a punt if it’s definitely a wildcard next week.