Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Same here.

Ward

Williams - Emerson - Cancelo - Trippier

DaSilva - Martinelli - Pereira

Jesus - Mitrovic - Haaland

Two FTs, so will sack off Salah and TAA or upgrade DaSilva.

I was thinking Salah and Walker (injury doubt) out for De Bruyne and Cancelo.

Rest of our team is pretty much the same, although I have Kulusevski.

October 19th, a month ahead? What's that about then?
Just because of latest cancellation and no gaps in fixture list (bloody World Cup!) and Uefa saying they can't play it after the rest of the group has finished (bloody UEFA). Knock on impact.

Meanwhile, our games cancelled because the GMP need to go to London and stand every 10 foot down The Mall... but Brentford Arsenal can still be played (bloody useless Arsenal).

Is Perisic certain/likely to start against Leicester? I’m on FH and he feels like a natural choice but don’t want to potentially have a player on the bench while on FH. Dier seems more nailed or I could just go with two City defenders.

I will definitely have Kane and most likely Son as he will be a nice differential.

Yeah I've seen a lot of wildcard drafts that seem to be heavily favouring fixtures over form and pedigree. Could well come back to bite a few in the coming weeks.

Could go both ways surely. People not wildcarding and getting the key players of the fixture-strong teams might as well be on the receiving end. Only time knows.
Personally I only want to pick the best players from those teams. (Based on previous seasons)

So now Arsenal game in PL will get postponed bloody fantastisc,im running out of players..
I dont think the PL game is cancelled? The PSV game will be played when they were meant to play City. The City game will be played later on in the season. The Brentford game hsould go ahead.
Is Perisic certain/likely to start against Leicester? I’m on FH and he feels like a natural choice but don’t want to potentially have a player on the bench while on FH. Dier seems more nailed or I could just go with two City defenders.

I will definitely have Kane and most likely Son as he will be a nice differential.
Perisic just played 90 so he will either get subbed early or he will get subbed on late. Doubt he gets the 90. Son also seems a popular transfer in this week as people are easily dropping Salah to punt on him for one week against a useless Leicester defence. Watch as he blanks this game and then resumes scoring form from the game after.

I've got 8 playing players but two are shite and unlikely to play.

Would need a chunky hit to get a decent team out and not play WC.

a - big hit, save WC
b - FT and a -4, play 8, gamble how much may lose out on
c - WC (and hope Intls don't ruin it)

If had one or two less players, it'd be WC. If had one or two more, it'd be FT/hit.

Think I'm leaning to a WC and balance team for this GW v planning forward.
For me you don't WC this GW only if you can push it till around GW12 which for some is a good window for WC. I personally wasn't interested in delaying it till then especially as we get another one after world cup in which case it was this GW. No point delaying for just 1 GW. Intl break injuries is the only thing but that's not more important than trying to get through this GW with an underwhelming team.

Could go both ways surely. People not wildcarding and getting the key players of the fixture-strong teams might as well be on the receiving end. Only time knows.
Personally I only want to pick the best players from those teams. (Based on previous seasons)

True. Also depends if you're more of a form or fixtures guy I guess. I used to be the latter but coming round to more of the former now, especially with the relative strength of the PL.

True. Also depends if you're more of a form or fixtures guy I guess. I used to be the latter but coming round to more of the former now, especially with the relative strength of the PL.
Depends on each player. Someone like Maddison has an incredible 4 game run and has already returned multiple times this season, so that's not really a risky bet. Same for Zaha. But then someone like Bowen who hasn't done anything so far is a bit more of a punt.

Could be. Sell me on him....

Not sold yet...but he is an intriguing option. His underlying stats look pretty good, he takes a lot of shots and should be playing no. 10.

Whether Moyes can get the best of him remains to be seen - from West Ham fans I know they all think he is very cautious with new signins and bedding them in...but he gave Paqueta 90 mins against Chelsea and he looked like he had been there for years.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore
Depends on each player. Someone like Maddison has an incredible 4 game run and has already returned multiple times this season, so that's not really a risky bet. Same for Zaha. But then someone like Bowen who hasn't done anything so far is a bit more of a punt.

Also true. Got my eye on both of them. Would need to ditch Martinelli though.

Hmm... When I WC next week I'm thinking of losing TAA & Salah but when I put it into a draft, it feels wrong?

Is this the City one in GW12?

Yeah makes it even easier now to start taking out Arsenal players. Will just bench Haaland and Cancelo that week.

Jesus > Mitro
Martinelli > Zaha/Maddison
Saliba > anyone (or keep him)

It's a fair while away, not sure you want to lose season keepers for 1 week?

Right, can field 8 players - Henderson, Cancelo, Perisic, Martinelli, Pereira, Haaland, Mitro and Jesus.

Really tempted to just risk these 8 and save my FH and WC for what will feel like a better time.

Was going to WC during the international break, which felt right and still does now. I think if I WC now, I’ll only have 1 FT the next week to start to get back to something that I actually want rather than 11 players that I’m being forced to choose.

I have used my 2 FTs this week (stupidly)

Am I being daft risking it with just the 8 players playing?

On this. Son for a 1 week punt if he's starting which I think he would.

Pope, Iverson
Cancelo, Trips, Perisic, Neco, Fofana
KDB, Son, Martinelli, Andreas, Bailey
Haaland, Mitrovic, Isak

It's a fair while away, not sure you want to lose season keepers for 1 week?

I'm not sure they are season keepers to be honest. Jesus hauled in gw2 but hasn't been as consistent as the likes of Mitrovic and Toney who are talismans and on pens.

You can make a good case for Martinelli at his price point. Likewise with Saliba but there are plenty more options at his.

To me these are the sort of players to rotate and try and catch the upside on differentials when their fixtures turn, which they're about to.

Looked at a WC draft:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
Madisson, Martinelli, Zaha, Salah
Mitrovic, Haaland, Toney

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Patterson

*Salah will be someone else until I want him back

Does anyone else like the punt on Isak for the next few? They've a great run...

Yep. Can't get him this week though which is obviously the prime fixture to target.
I was just contemplating the Toney vs Isak call on my WC and it's not very easy. On first thoughts I was on Isak with the fixture this gw, but Toney also faces them next gw and is in hot form. But apart from that he is much more assured in terms of his role in their team while Isak may play out wide if Wilson is back. And most importantly, Toney has far better goalscoring numbers and I think is a better striker. Plus pens, fks etc.

I was just contemplating the Toney vs Isak call on my WC and it's not very easy. On first thoughts I was on Isak with the fixture this gw, but Toney also faces them next gw and is in hot form. But apart from that he is much more assured in terms of his role in their team while Isak may play out wide if Wilson is back. And most importantly, Toney has far better goalscoring numbers and I think is a better striker. Plus pens, fks etc.

I know people don't like "booking transfers in" but I have no problem with it (I call it planning). I'd just punt on Isak this week and bring in Toney next week.

Looked at a WC draft:

Pope
Trippier, Cancelo, James
Madisson, Martinelli, Zaha, Salah
Mitrovic, Haaland, Toney

Subs: Ward, Andreas, Williams, Patterson

*Salah will be someone else until I want him back
Yeah, that's a decent one for the next few fixtures but doesn't have any Spurs attacker who have a prime attacking fixture this GW. I can't convince myself to not attack that game on the WC.

I know people don't like "booking transfers in" but I have no problem with it (I call it planning). I'd just punt on Isak this week and bring in Toney next week.
No issue with that, but thing with the GW8 WC is quite a few transfers are booked in and together with other potential issues it might mean a lot of hits. We need a plan to get Salah. Some are booking in getting Zaha in GW10 or Maddison in GW9. So adding more moves to that is a bit risky. But yeah that's an aggressive move if one can plan it.

No issue with that, but thing with the GW8 WC is quite a few transfers are booked in and together with other potential issues it might mean a lot of hits. We need a plan to get Salah. Some are booking in getting Zaha in GW10 or Maddison in GW9. So adding more moves to that is a bit risky. But yeah that's an aggressive move if one can plan it.

I think if you're on a wildcard now you've got to go all in and no Salah until the world cup personally. It might backfire, it might not.

Like you said above that Schwein should get a Spurs attacker, Kane is head and shoulders above the other picks which would mean dropping Salah to a cheaper mid and swapping out Toney or Mitro. You could put Son in as a placeholder but he's shown nothing this season and the fans are calling for him to be dropped which is not as crazy as it seems with Richarlison and Kulu both in better form currently.

Why do everyone love Bowen? He looks to be less of a focal point this season. Scammaca should be back soon too.