Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Dan_F

If the AFCON goes ahead I think he’s a comfortable sell. The biggest risk would be if you sell him now and then the tournament gets postponed, as you’d want him back in immediately so would have burned two transfers, lost a lot of value and missed him as a captaincy option vs Leicester.
This is the main problem. I think I might risk it as I fancy Son to outscore Salah over the next three weeks without even considering the AFCON. My OR is a lot lower than normal too, so I need to start doing things slightly different, for example captain Cancelo paid off last week.

I’ll keep the money in the bank and might even want to downgrade Ronaldo to fund Salah by that point.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Writing off Salah against Chelsea is a bad idea too. He does the business against anyone. If you take him out and miss goals against Leicester and Chelsea and then the AFCON is postponed?

Dan_F

Writing off Salah against Chelsea is a bad idea too. He does the business against anyone. If you take him out and miss goals against Leicester and Chelsea and then the AFCON is postponed?
Transfer him back in for Brentford? What if Liverpool get a cancelled game against Leicester or Chelsea, then he goes to AFCON? You can make that argument either way.

Salah’s main strength recently is consistency. He’s only “hauled” once in the last nine games. I think it’s a bigger risk to go without Son over the next three, but differences in opinion is what makes this game fun :)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I'm feeling quite happy about free hit and keeping my Liverpool players because at least I can be confident of having them start in the week. Never mind Covid there's going to be crazy rotation anyway in some teams between Sunday and Tuesday. It'll also allow me to take a punt on a City mid with some backup on the bench and see who plays Sunday. If Sterling doesn't I'll keep him in my team for the Brentford game on Wednesday and if he does I'll turn him into Son.

kps88

My main issue with the free hit is that's one less week you have to try and set yourself up for the upcoming double. United and Spurs both have good fixtures even before the double so I might as well take a hit and bring them in now anyway. Unless you are planning on free hitting then as well.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I am holding firm with no free hit unless another few games go. I gained about 30-40 points on some people last week with only 9 players. I am learning that I am better at this game if I just fight my instinct :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My main issue with the free hit is that's one less week you have to try and set yourself up for the upcoming double. United and Spurs both have good fixtures even before the double so I might as well take a hit and bring them in now anyway. Unless you are planning on free hitting then as well.
This is true. I do lose a transfer. Flip side is that Liverpool could have a great double in 22 as well so I'm gaining 2 players (Jota and TAA) that I didn't think I'd have for it.

Like I keep saying though it's team dependant. I need to see those flags gone on Antonio and Tomiyasu before it makes sense for me to even consider a hit or two this week and even then it's likely I have to take the plunge and remove Salah who I really want to captain in GW20 and I still can't get Ronaldo without moving a potential starter in Watkins or Antonio.

I wonder when they will confirm the doubles. That might clear my head a bit.

IrishRedDevil

I’ve a strong squad, yet I’ve down to 8 starters.

1 of which is the doubtful Antonio.

Think I’ll be forced to free hit.

kps88

This is true. I do lose a transfer. Flip side is that Liverpool could have a great double in 22 as well so I'm gaining 2 players (Jota and TAA) that I didn't think I'd have for it.

Like I keep saying though it's team dependant. I need to see those flags gone on Antonio and Tomiyasu before it makes sense for me to even consider a hit or two this week and even then it's likely I have to take the plunge and remove Salah who I really want to captain in GW20 and I still can't get Ronaldo without moving a potential starter in Watkins or Antonio.

I wonder when they will confirm the doubles. That might clear my head a bit.
I think almost everyone will keep Jota and Trent so it essentially comes down to Salah.

For what its worth - Moyes’ comments on Antonio today didn’t sound too promising and Watkins will almost certainly blank next GW.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Moyes on Antonio "I never said Boxing Day though, I said over Christmas"

That's enough doubt for me. Bowen maybe a tasty OOP option on Free Hit for the Saints game.

ROFLUTION

As someone who was on Gray for ages where he was OK at best. Then switched to Townsend after clocking his 3 goals in 4 games run (then did nothing for months), I'd be wary of any Everton!
Aye, the Gray-train was great to begin with. then the DCL/Richarlison rails got ruined and it lost steam. Got a rest last game, hopefully he's not covid struck.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I am selling Salah for now. His price bound to go down very soon, he only has Leicester and Chelsea before going to AFCON and Son will have two doubles soon so is a natural replacement.

paulscholes18

How ridiculous would it be to Free hit this GW, Wildcard GW20, bench boost GW 21 and free hit GW 22?

carty

Supports
liverpool
It might be worth using the free hit because the way the fixtures keep getting postponed there is a decent chance FPL might give us all another one.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Burnley v Everton is off now as well. Not that it'll matter to many :lol:
Yep that one was always going.
Brownhill again missing for me.

That's 3 Liverpool, Dennis, Foster, Brownhill and Raph. Antonio a huge risk too.
Down to 7-8 max with no obvious captain.

I think Chelsea v Villa being off and the rest staying on would force my hand to free hit as I'd be down to 4-5

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Imagine planning anything until 30 mins before deadline.
If that game goes it makes things very difficult.
Firstly in losing another starter in Ramsdale, taking me potentially down to 6 players.
But also in 3 Arsenal players would be essential on a free hit.

Moby

Dick
If that game goes it makes things very difficult.
Firstly in losing another starter in Ramsdale, taking me potentially down to 6 players.
But also in 3 Arsenal players would be essential on a free hit.
Yeah I will lose Ramsdale and laca so will prob need to few hit.