Fantasy Premier League 21/22

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
The good thing about a Free Hit is we should know the status of all 5 matches scheduled to kick off at 3pm on Boxing Day along with some early team news.

carty

Supports
liverpool
Salah and Dennis out Kane and Bowen in providing there games are not called off.

Salah and Dennis both off to Afcon so good time to get rid.

Id prefer Ronaldo To Kane but waiting the extra 24 hours is to risky.

My plan is to leave it until near the deadline and pick players from teams that games are still going ahead.

I reckon a few more games will get called off though.

I would rather keep my free hit and do a minus unless more games go then it could be worth considering.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I hope people do transfer out their Liverpool players. Imagine rocking into the next GW with a fully rested Salah, Jota and TAA and a vastly decreased ownership :drool:

Patchbeard

Free hit then. Liverpool being called off was always the big worry. Most of us will have 3 from them. I've also got Sa, King and flags on Antonio and Tomiyasu.

Something like

De Gea
Cancelo James Tierney
Bowen Son Foden Matinelli Saka
Kane Ronaldo

is doable.
My draft is:
Fabianski/Ramsdale/De Gea (can't decide)
Cancelo Tierney Reguilon
Bowen Son KDB Martinelli Gordon
Ronaldo Kane

Bench: Shit on a stick

Probably should generate some more funds for the bench as you know at least one will be needed...but I don't want to downgrade any of the team. KDB > Bernardo seems the boring sensible option to make funds to improve Gordon + the bench.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
United at home to Burnley and City playing Brentford both good enough options to not keep Salah for the rest of the run.
I still have yet to see anything from us to justify any excitement and Pep roulette is the answer to the second half of that sentence.

I will 100% be captaining Salah vs Leicester.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Knew that comment about actually having 13 to choose from this week would bite me!
The big problem is that Leeds and Watford having covid cases surely makes their
next games a doubt too, possibly even the one after that.

Same with any other games called off in the next couple of days.

Pure carnage. And unfortunately will be sheer luck on getting players out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United at home to Burnley and City playing Brentford both good enough options to not keep Salah for the rest of the run.
It might well be worth a Salah to some Arsenal form mid and boost a striker to Ronaldo then captain him for -4

But if a few more games are off that plan could instantly be duff as it'll have knock ons next game week.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Free hit then. Liverpool being called off was always the big worry. Most of us will have 3 from them. I've also got Sa, King and flags on Antonio and Tomiyasu.

Something like

De Gea
Cancelo James Tierney
Bowen Son Foden Matinelli Saka
Kane Ronaldo

is doable.
I would upgrade Tierney to someone with a more reliable defence. 3x Arsenal is a huge risk either ways.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
My draft is:
Fabianski/Ramsdale/De Gea (can't decide)
Cancelo Tierney Reguilon
Bowen Son KDB Martinelli Gordon
Ronaldo Kane

Bench: Shit on a stick

Probably should generate some more funds for the bench as you know at least one will be needed...but I don't want to downgrade any of the team. KDB > Bernardo seems the boring sensible option to make funds to improve Gordon + the bench.
Yeah might be wise. Hopefully some hints from Pep on who might play and like I said the big one being whether Foden and Grealish have been forgiven. He's bound to be asked about that as well.

Ronaldo, Son and Kane (certainly the first two) will probably be in every FH draft. There's just the right amount of games on (touch wood) for some actual diffrentials with them as well. Normally we use them in crappy blank gameweeks with 4 fixtures on, picking from the likes of Burnley and Brighton.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Will still be the best captain option v Leciester who are awful in defence.
You do have Ronaldo v Burnley that week though, as well as TAA (who has been outscoring Salah recently) and Jota as alternatives against Leicester. And taking the risk of that downgrade versus Leicester gives you, say, Ronaldo versus Newcastle this week in place of Salah's blank.

Or if you go for Son you get Palace, Southampton and Watford(c) versus Salah's blank, Leicester(c), Chelsea.

There's also the increased value of immediacy under these heightened Covid conditions. Salah probably has a game against Leicester next week, but he definitely blanks this week.

Last edited:

coolredwine

lameredboots
I can still field a 'proper' team by benching TAA and Salah and without any transfers.

Sanchez
James-Rudiger-Dalot-Livramento
Mount-Bilva-ESR-Foden
Watkins-Antonio

ASM on bench. Only problem is 4 players playing each other, Pep roulette and Antonio.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Knew that comment about actually having 13 to choose from this week would bite me!
The big problem is that Leeds and Watford having covid cases surely makes their
next games a doubt too, possibly even the one after that.

Same with any other games called off in the next couple of days.

Pure carnage. And unfortunately will be sheer luck on getting players out.
Leeds have Villa and Burnley. A fair few have Watkins and Raphinha.

Watford have West Ham and Spurs. Seems more of a problem if you've got the likes of Son, Kane, Reg, Bowen and Antonio.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
You do have Ronaldo v Burnley that week though, as well as TAA (who has been outscoring Salah recently) and Jota as alternatives against Leicester. And taking the risk of that downgrade versus Leicester gives you, say, Ronaldo versus Newcastle this week in place of Salah's blank.

Or if you go for Son you get Palace, Southampton and Watford(c) versus Salah's blank, Leicester(c), Chelsea.
I guess it's down to individual teams again. Like I said I'm down to a squad of 9 already with flags on 2 other players. No brainer for me.

Nickosaur

I could play:
Ramsdale
Cancelo /Rudiger / White / Davies
Bilva / Gallagher / Smith Rowe
Antonio / Watkins

Obvious move would be Salah out, Son in, giving me 11 players. Although Antonio doubtful and ESR likely to be benched again.

No idea why I've typed this out. We'll see more cancellations and this will be a pointless post :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I could play:
Ramsdale
Cancelo /Rudiger / White / Davies
Bilva / Gallagher / Smith Rowe
Antonio / Watkins

Obvious move would be Salah out, Son in, giving me 11 players. Although Antonio doubtful and ESR likely to be benched again.

No idea why I've typed this out. We'll see more cancellations and this will be a pointless post :lol:
Yeah I can't understand how the Everton game isn't being called off from what Benitez has said. They've only got 9 outfield players available. 6 injured, 5 covid. Can see that going tomorrow with a few more cases.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I can still field a 'proper' team by benching TAA and Salah and without any transfers.

Sanchez
James-Rudiger-Dalot-Livramento
Mount-Bilva-ESR-Foden
Watkins-Antonio

ASM on bench. Only problem is 4 players playing each other, Pep roulette and Antonio.
See in your position I probably would do nothing or the mooted Salah > Son transfer that seems popular especially if Antonio is cleared and no more games are called off. Strong position to be in if you can hold that additional Free Hit.

coolredwine

lameredboots
See in your position I probably would do nothing or the mooted Salah > Son transfer that seems popular especially if Antonio is cleared and no more games are called off. Strong position to be in if you can hold that additional Free Hit.
Yeah, I am not in a hurry right now to make any changes. Like you, I will wait until 26th afternoon to see if any other games are getting called off and probably a better update on Antonio given it's >7 days since he's out already. Although he's the next one off my team and the idea is to target Ronaldo.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
My team :
De Gea
Alonso - White - Cash - Cancelo
Foden - Bernardo - Ramsey
Broja - Watkins - King (no game)

Guiata and TAA, Salah and Jota on bench.

Thinking about going King + Salah to Ronaldo + Bowen or Son and ?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The slight suspicion with this stuff is teams in crap form with loads of injuries and a few covid cases could simply have their covid guys have a little "close" time with a couple of others to get a couple more cases and ensure a game is off.

Take Leeds. A few key players out, they've been utterly drilled a couple of times recently and no-one could have seen anything but an absolute pasting at Anfield.

Come Feb or March they'll have a much better chance.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Anyone using FH ? I have 3 Liverpool and 2 Watford players. Antonio is also a doubt.

saivet

I missed all the postponements and was confused as to why everyone is moving Salah out ahead of a game vs a depleted Leeds :lol:

saivet

I'm not making the mistake of making a transfer early again but thinking to do Salah to Son and Raphina to someone else for -4.

Is Dennis going to Afcon, could take him out instead of Raphina.

paulscholes18

As things stand i‘mplaying with 10, tempted to go Jota to Bowen, but it’s going to cost me 0.3m to do it as I want Jota right back after. So it’s A play with 10 or B Free Hit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolutely no point thinking plans until Sunday lunchtime now.
Has to be a huge likelihood of more games off with knock on effects on the next game week or 2 after.

saivet

DCL back in training. Given his injury can't imagine he will start all the time but Everton have a great run of fixtures coming up. Doubt I will take a hit to bring him in but one to look out for in the next few GWs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is unexpected, but helpful for those of us still nursing Antonio, and who brought Dennis in yet haven't had him play yet!

PL: "Due to players coming out of isolation, it is fully expected
@WatfordFC
will be available for their fixture on Tuesday 28 December, against West Ham United."