Fantasy Premier League 21/22

NewYorkRed

The intergrity of the game, much like the PL’s, is gone due to covid. Its not fun with all this nonsense happening.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yeah I will lose Ramsdale and laca so will prob need to few hit.
If no more games get called off I'll weigh up 2 of Son, Ronaldo and arsenal mid, probably sacrificing Salah.

Can't do both of the first 2 though so would probs favour Ronnie for a firm captain choice.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Thing about free hit now is then what do you do when it happens again the week after?
Yep.

And in the case of Arsenal players, you might want rid of them after Norwich anyway given their fixtures. So that tends to lend itself towards just hitting them out if their game is cancelled.

Moby

Dick
If no more games get called off I'll weigh up 2 of Son, Ronaldo and arsenal mid, probably sacrificing Salah.

Can't do both of the first 2 though so would probs favour Ronnie for a firm captain choice.
Right now I'm at exact budget for doing Salah + Dennis out for Bowen and Ronaldo which is probably the most popular move. That Dennis transfer has been legendary level of shit for me. :lol:

But I'm also looking at Martinelli instead of Bowen. The downside to that is Arsenal have a bad DGW and I already have Laca as well.

Anyway will only starting thinking Sunday. Deadline here is 7PM, loads of time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My boys Wycombe had their boxing day game called off as Cambridge had 1 positive! That's 1 positive test and somehow got it off as other players have to isolate.
So Palace could easily go.
That'd be a huge one as it takes a lot of people's Tottenham plans out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The intergrity of the game, much like the PL’s, is gone due to covid. Its not fun with all this nonsense happening.
Yep. A league with state backed teams diddling financial fair play rules, players being paid 450k a week, full of players who have drunk driven, cheated on partners, got into trouble with the law, won't have vaccinations, and is obsessed with money...

must have its integrity kept in order.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bowen vs Martinelli for free hit. Lads, which one is the better option? I'm leaning towards Bowen right now since he plays at home and takes set pieces.

Dan_F

My boys Wycombe had their boxing day game called off as Cambridge had 1 positive! That's 1 positive test and somehow got it off as other players have to isolate.
So Palace could easily go.
That'd be a huge one as it takes a lot of people's Tottenham plans out.
They must all be unvaccinated if they have to isolate from being a close contact. In those situations I’m in favour of clubs having to forfeit as it’s unfair on the teams that have high vaccination rates.

Swiss_Red89

Right now I'm at exact budget for doing Salah + Dennis out for Bowen and Ronaldo which is probably the most popular move. That Dennis transfer has been legendary level of shit for me. :lol:

But I'm also looking at Martinelli instead of Bowen. The downside to that is Arsenal have a bad DGW and I already have Laca as well.

Anyway will only starting thinking Sunday. Deadline here is 7PM, loads of time.
Same here. Since I transfered him in he hasn't put a foot on the grass....Third GW in a row where he will not play :lol: He will probably leave for Afcon before playing in the PL again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Which game do you think will be covided off next?

Norwich v Arsenal has to be favourite, but Tottenham v Palace must have a decent chance too?

IrishRedDevil

Spurs played 2 days ago so assuming they are fine.

Palace have a ‘‘couple of cases’’ from a 25 man squad? I am sure they still have 13 players and a keeper. Suppose it depends on isolating, but Vieira would have said more than a ‘‘couple’’ if it was serious.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Spurs played 2 days ago so assuming they are fine.

Palace have a ‘‘couple of cases’’ from a 25 man squad? I am sure they still have 13 players and a keeper. Suppose it depends on isolating, but Vieira would have said more than a ‘‘couple’’ if it was serious.
It spreads like wildfire, so it depends how many more cases they get today and tomorrow.

saivet

Currently have 9 players available plus a sub keeper. If no more games get postponed, Salah to Son will be my only transfer to have 10 starters.

I think I'll resist the free hit unless I get down to 7 or fewer players. I had 8 last GW which went pretty well.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Currently have 9 players available plus a sub keeper. If no more games get postponed, Salah to Son will be my only transfer to have 10 starters.

I think I'll resist the free hit unless I get down to 7 or fewer players. I had 8 last GW which went pretty well.
Only thing that keeps playing in my head is that it's boxing day and that normally means goal fest. I sort of want to avoid big defenders and just stack up on attack

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Left with the below so far at max

Ramsdale
Cancelo James Rudiger Dalot
Bilva
Watkins Antonio

Would probably take a -4 and try and scrape through, by bringing one of Son/Ronaldo in and captaining them, and one of the Arsenal mids in if Ronaldo.

If say Chelsea v Villa gets called off, but nothing else goes - i'd probably have to free hit, as you could be talking a 30-40 point gain from that.

If Arsenal & Tottenham were called off - then it's probably worth trying to scrape through with 5 or 6 players, as those fixtures would probably be games you'd have 5-6 players from on the free hit.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Antonio likely not playing due to covid as well. Which won't be much different to him actually playing.
The awkwardness with Antonio is that I believe he was symptomless, which surely means if his quarantine period up surely he has a great chance of playing.
It's not like a lot of players who actually get ill so like all illnesses you need to judge them being fit again.

But yes, probably 2points difference either way?

Paul_Scholes18

Merry christmas people.

Free hit may backfire if next round also got games moved.

At least if Liverpool play I am good though and can take hits to remove Dennis if not playing. Lacazette. City and Chelsea picks etc.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Merry christmas people.

Free hit may backfire if next round also got games moved.

At least if Liverpool play I am good though and can take hits to remove Dennis if not playing. Lacazette. City and Chelsea picks etc.
I'm not sure it would backfire any more than you making transfers this week involving players who don't play next week!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
People removing Jota instead of Salah are massively weird to me.
In theory yes.

But if Salah scores 15 points v Leicester, you don't have him and everyone makes up mid 20s points on you (when you captain a 1/2 pointer) it wouldn't feel as great!

Paul_Scholes18

I'm not sure it would backfire any more than you making transfers this week involving players who don't play next week!
If Liverpool play next round then I think keeping Salah can be worth it and then decide with more data what to do with him further forward.

As of right now if I sell him for Ronaldo and Martenelli (Dennis out too) or Son and they do not play it is going to cost a lot.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Liverpool play next round then I think keeping Salah can be worth it and then decide with more data what to do with him further forward.

As of right now if I sell him for Ronaldo and Martenelli (Dennis out too) or Son and they do not play it is going to cost a lot.
Yep. It's pure limbo at the moment.

The only saving grace is the deadline being 90mins before the 3pms Sunday, and the latest postponement has been about 2hr 40 before a kick off.

So we'd know what 3pms are staying on, so you'd just make sure most of your team are playing Sunday, in case you bring United in and they don't play.

Paul_Scholes18

Yep. It's pure limbo at the moment.

The only saving grace is the deadline being 90mins before the 3pms Sunday, and the latest postponement has been about 2hr 40 before a kick off.

So we'd know what 3pms are staying on, so you'd just make sure most of your team are playing Sunday, in case you bring United in and they don't play.
Yes if I free hit then I am probably just going with Ronaldo and possibly De Gea. Maybe Maguire, but he has been poor, but he is most nailed with defenders.

City players is pure random as well. Had Mahrez in draft almost all season. I think he is the best City pick when on fire and have got pens too most likely, but Pep plays him so little this season.
KDB too expensive to justify as a punt. Sterling maybe, but never trust him. Foden and Grealish pure guessing if they are back.

Since I already got 3 City the odds are I bring in the wrong ones and those I got haul and get benched next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it was 2 hour 15 min before thus 45 min before deadline.
Yep, you're very close. Had to double check and 12.40 was the official call off time, but some journo broke it not too long before.

but it caught a heck of a lot of us out as there was not even a whisper before, unlike for some of these games this week, or potentials, like Tott and Arse.

Paul_Scholes18

Yep, you're very close. Had to double check and 12.40 was the official call off time, but some journo broke it not too long before.

but it caught a heck of a lot of us out as there was not even a whisper before, unlike for some of these games this week, or potentials, like Tott and Arse.
Yes nothing is certain yet. I hope they at least make these calls 2 hours before the game.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes nothing is certain yet. I hope they at least make these calls 2 hours before the game.
We all know to leave it to 10mins before the deadline this week.

Will be carnage. Truly don't know what to hope for...more games off,or none!

Dan_F

In theory yes.

But if Salah scores 15 points v Leicester, you don't have him and everyone makes up mid 20s points on you (when you captain a 1/2 pointer) it wouldn't feel as great!
You say that but he only has one double digit haul in the last nine game weeks. His consistency has been incredible, but it’s not the end of the world if you miss out on a 8 pointer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You say that but he only has one double digit haul in the last nine game weeks. His consistency has been incredible, but it’s not the end of the world if you miss out on a 8 pointer.
You sound like the guy who reckoned Cancelo didn't have a high ceiling last week :lol: