Fantasy Premier League 21/22

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Soon, as in 3 games time. That's a decent length of time that.
If the games aren't circuit broken though, you never know if Klopp will bang Milner in there for a game though, especially as the next 3 games are due to be Boxing Day through to New Year's Day.
Wasn't it 2 yellows?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
104 (-4) OK game week I guess.
Sarcasm.

Paul_Scholes18

Average score.
I was 123(-4)

I think, just think that people are having you on son.
Best in the world on 120 something with TC Cancelo.

He also sold Tomiyasu to Tsimikas so not a good player.

I think only people aiming to be top scorers for the week use TC this gameweek.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Soon, as in 3 games time. That's a decent length of time that.
If the games aren't circuit broken though, you never know if Klopp will bang Milner in there for a game though, especially as the next 3 games are due to be Boxing Day through to New Year's Day.
That's banking in two transfers in 4 weeks though. Or if you buy him and then bench him when Robertson is back it's just one transfer and you're then blocking getting another Liverpool player.

Don't think it's worth it tbh.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's banking in two transfers in 4 weeks though. Or if you buy him and then bench him when Robertson is back it's just one transfer and you're then blocking getting another Liverpool player.

Don't think it's worth it tbh.
It's not for me, as I've tripled Pool.
But for anyone who has overlooked TAA it's a good save on minimum money.

And don't imagine all transfers are much longer term.
Any of us who brought Watkins in for this week certainly don't want him long term.
Bilva has been a bust for 2 games too etc.

Zen

The highest scorer this week started a new team just for this round, alongside 8 other teams that he put into his own mini-league :wenger:

I guess some people really want that copy of FIFA
Nope - you can't win unless it's week 1 with a new team. You have to have wait 2 weeks before being eligible mid season.

Mass transfer hits can win it you yes, but that rarely works either. But then again, it's the flukiest thing ever to be fair, there's hardly a knowledge 'skill' to hitting the top 20 in any given week like there is to maybe winning mini-league and/or consistently being high up on overall rankings.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's not for me, as I've tripled Pool.
But for anyone who has overlooked TAA it's a good save on minimum money.

And don't imagine all transfers are much longer term.
Any of us who brought Watkins in for this week certainly don't want him long term.
Bilva has been a bust for 2 games too etc.
Fair enough.

I got Watkins before Norwich so at least got those PTS. Might switch back to Ronaldo now though. Will have to wait and see what the PL do first.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fair enough.

I got Watkins before Norwich so at least got those PTS. Might switch back to Ronaldo now though. Will have to wait and see what the PL do first.
Fair enough.

The Watkins transfer has screwed me in getting Ronaldo, but I think as nice as it is to have him, he needs to be a captain choice really, and get more than 1 goal/assist to pay off.
With Salah the standout percentage play each week, I will trial the 4 big defenders with Dalot a good 5th option, 4 big mids, 3 decent strikers approach and rotate.

Clearly might regret it if Ronaldo smashes Newcastle/the next weak team, but the balance is i'd have some lesser player than the other guys above which might make the basket of the score lesser anyway.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having said that, if the next games go ahead, and there's no covid, I actually have a tough call!

Which 2 get benched from these?

Ramsdale
Rudiger James Cancelo TAA Dalot
Salah Raph Jota Bilva
Watkins Dennis Antonio

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
75 all out. Fat green arrow in most leagues.

I guess we sit and wait now as there's a chance the league is paused again.
It sounds like they're talking about canning one round, but that round will be the one AFTER the Boxing day games.

Zen

Having said that, if the next games go ahead, and there's no covid, I actually have a tough call!

Ramsdale
Salah Raph Jota Bilva
Watkins Dennis Antonio
Dalot (not a guaranteed starter), Watkins (vs Chelsea's 9 man wall), Raph (@Anfield... but he does oddly score), Dennis(Wolves another wall - only conceaded 2 in like 7 games to Man City and Liverpool 1 each)...

Antonio just misfiring.

Yeah, no help :lol:

Withnail

Turned out quite well these last two weeks. Bonus pts have come through and I've finished on 71pts this week. I'm still crap but I've risen about a million places overall.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dalot (not a guaranteed starter), Watkins (vs Chelsea's 9 man wall), Raph (@Anfield... but he does oddly score), Dennis(Wolves another wall - only conceaded 2 in like 7 games to Man City and Liverpool 1 each)...

Antonio just misfiring.

Yeah, no help :lol:
Yeah Raph could be a good call, but I think Dalot has the shirt for now, and is against Newcastle.
However, Raph to Martinelli might be the best way to cover Arse v Norwich, meaning it makes the call even harder.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Crazy week, team looked awful going in but have gained in all my mini leagues and won in the cup with 9 players against a FH side with a full bench. Bonuses for Alonso and Cancelo meaning I beat him by two points!

Genuinely shows how terrible I am at the game. A week where I am forced to just sit back and accept a loss turns into my best week for about two months!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It sounds like they're talking about canning one round, but that round will be the one AFTER the Boxing day games.
Ok. In terms of fpl then will be interesting to see if they cram those fixtures into the already congested schedule or tag a new gw on the end. I can't see that being the only one either.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok. In terms of fpl then will be interesting to see if they cram those fixtures into the already congested schedule or tag a new gw on the end. I can't see that being the only one either.
If they bin that round, then there's similar carnage to the Boxing Day fixtures to this last round, it'll be an absolute free for all.

There already need to be all sorts of doubles scheduled, before we even get to the FA & league cup rounds that normally create them.

Just glad I didn't book up United's 2 Christmas/New Year home games and was able to weasel out of the Brighton one, although it then got postponed anyway!
Could at least be decent to go to if they're scheduled in the spring when you're more incilned to fancy the trip.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Half my team didn't get anything because of canceled games and cancelo is sat on the bench with 18 points ?

Why am i not getting these points ? Shouldn't he be automatically subbed in ?

Paul_Scholes18

Ramsdale
Salah Raph Jota Bilva
Watkins Dennis Antonio
I think I bench Watkins and Dennis since they play strong defensive sides. You could bench Raphinha, but he finds a way and got pens.

I think I want to play Dalot vs poor Newcastle. He should either play or not at all.

We/you could bench B Silva, but he will probably haul if we do. It is Leicester so harder game than the last two blanks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think I bench Watkins and Dennis since they play strong defensive sides. You could bench Raphinha, but he finds a way and got pens.

I think I want to play Dalot vs poor Newcastle. He should either play or not at all.

We/you could bench B Silva, but he will probably haul if we do. It is Leicester so harder game than the last two blanks.
You just know I'll spend all week agonising over it, then 4 games will be called off and will end up fielding 9 players!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Ended up with 5 atb because of the circumstances rather than by design, thrilled that it worked. Might keep it going the next 2 GWs (providing no covid) but after that the Chelsea boys need to go. Bad fixtures and then multiple blanks (Chilwell also back soon in Alonso's case).

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

Ended up with 5 atb because of the circumstances rather than by design, thrilled that it worked. Might keep it going the next 2 GWs (providing no covid) but after that the Chelsea boys need to go. Bad fixtures and then multiple blanks (Chilwell also back soon in Alonso's case).
I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I say… I’m truly made up for you.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

When you stack up big boy defenders like that you have to play them all really.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Half my team didn't get anything because of canceled games and cancelo is sat on the bench with 18 points ?

Why am i not getting these points ? Shouldn't he be automatically subbed in ?
i think the bigger question is why you left out Cancelo vs Newcastle in the first place.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I think I speak for everyone on this thread when I say… I’m truly made up for you.
Damn.

When you stack up big boy defenders like that you have to play them all really.
For sure. I don't mind playing all 5 (4 of those are more attacking than most midfielders tbf). But it's left me with a highly inflexible squad. Ronaldo is a must if Newcastle game goes ahead but I can't get him without either a -4 (sacrificing Foden/Jota) or a -8 (Gallagher out).

Though there is bound to be more carnage with the PL meeting tomorrow + potentially further postponements so no point overthinking any of this until Boxing Day.

Moby

Dick

Ramsdale
Salah Raph Jota Bilva
Watkins Dennis Antonio
I'd say bench Antonio first but I know he's gonna score now that I've sold him.

But if you are a spreadsheet guy

Antonio from Gameweek 10 onwards

Stats per 90 with league rank among forwards

Shots in the box: 0.75 (23rd)
Big chances: 0.00 (Last)
xG: 0.05 (25th)
Key passes: 1.25 (8th)
xGi: 0.2 (25th)
West Ham xG: 1.2 (13th)

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I have drawn my Man Utd cup game. Identical everything, waiting on the virtual coin toss. Lost the main cup heavily, but did not stand a chance against a guy on a free hit.

52 points which isn’t bad considering I had 7 players starting and 2 coming off the bench very late with Foden not even leaving bench.

I’m down to 61k but that is still OK.