Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Shit day so far. My cup opponent with Gabriel and Rudiger.

At least his Dias and Gabriel got yellow cards and no bonus I think?

Jota also with a 1 pointer thus not matter since Livra would have got 1 anyway.

Rudiger getting 2 assists for being fouled is just plain ridiculous isn't it. :lol:

Ronnie needs to bag. Had 2 good chances in 1 move so far.

Both. Can't stand the cnut. Always involved in brawls but never gets booked. Always managers to get my rival points. Hate him.

We could have a great thread on "most annoying things in fantasy footy", and perhaps in the closed season we should.

But a rival defender in a team you've covered hauling has to be up there. James 1 Rudiger 9 is a pee take, especially as he didn't score or really do much.

Reminds me of some of Ashley Young years back, getting fouled, someone boots in a magnificent free kick and he gets the assist!

Worth noting that today was Salah's 24th return in 16 GWs, only blanking entirely in GW2. Was tempted to captain Ronaldo this week but ultimately Salah's remarkable consistency won out.

Getting Ronaldo feels like an error paying 12.4 for him. We are not scoring enough goals right now.

The problem is finding another great striker.

Maybe should have gone for Richarlison he got the ceiling, but also loves his cards.

Benteke as well a good pick.

Or just gone for Vardy as the highest scorer so far, but he almost cost the same as Ronaldo.

Brought in Ronaldo for this…

Fairly sure I’m gonna transfer him straight back out. Completely overpriced and offers nothing more (in FF) than King, Dennis or Watkins, and whole lot less than Vardy or Antonio.

Brought in Ronaldo for this…

Fairly sure I’m gonna transfer him straight back out. Completely overpriced and offers nothing more (in FF) than King, Dennis or Watkins.

I might downgrade and upgrade Bronwnhill to Bernardo Silva or Foden.

Problem is if you spread the cash and want him back it is pretty hard.

In the next 12 GWs Ronaldo faces Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham, Burnley, Southampton, Leeds and Watford.

If you guys want to spent a ft to bring him in only to then spend another getting rid of him 45min into that run, please do. Makes the game easier when other people are making confused decisions.

Alternatively, ye could be a bit patient given that as United fans you presumably knew we weren't playing well when you brought him in.

In the next 12 GWs Ronaldo faces Norwich, Brentford, Brighton, Newcastle, Burnley, Wolves, Villa, West Ham, Burnley, Southampton, Leeds and Watford.

If you guys want to spent a ft to bring him in only to then spend another getting rid of him 45min into that run, please do. Makes the game easier when other people are making confused decisions.

Alternatively, ye could be a bit patient given that as United fans you presumably knew we weren't playing well when you brought him in.

Ixnay on the condescension.

Utd struggle against sides that don’t want to play. They can’t break teams down.

He’s going into that run having just blanked against Palace and Norwich and is soon 37 with a short turnaround of games.

He’s way overpriced and has done very little to justify it.

If you wanna waste funds on him please go ahead, but many experienced managers want no part of him!

Utd struggle against sides that don’t want to play. They can’t break teams down.

He’s going into that run having just blanked against Palace and Norwich and is soon 37 with a short turnaround of games.

If you wanna waste funds on him please go ahead, but many experienced managers want no part of him!

What a rant :lol:

ps 1-0, Ronaldo :)

I wasn't trying to be condescending. But everything you've said, you already knew. So don't buy him. Or, bank on the fixtures and do. Either is fine. But wasting transfers bringing him in only to plan on transferring him out again after 45min is the worst of both worlds.

I wasn't trying to be condescending. But everything you've said, you already knew. So don't buy him. Or, bank on the fixtures and do. Either is fine. But wasting transfers bringing him in only to plan on transferring him out again after 45min is the worst of both worlds.

Yep. It's a bit silly moaning at his lack of value straight after bringing him in. Bearing in mind he didn't even blank in the first game he was brought in for!

Meh, he’s not a player that I feel can bring in double digit hauls anymore.

Still a complete waste of money at that price imo.

Well he just got a 9 pointer tonight, in a display we weren't particularly attacking in.
Could easily have had a couple more goals even tonight too.

Unless I’ve done bonus calcs wrong…. 81pts and I forgot about it Friday :lol:

Need to stop thinking about it tgen!

Been a few weeks of poor decisions but finally ok (ish) with current team.

Goalie
TAA Cancelo James Rudiger
Salah Mbeumo Bernardo
Ronaldo Antonio Dennis
Took a -4 for DDG/Dennis/Bilva but all good and loving the De Gea transfer with his saves and our fixture list. 71 and think I’ve got 13 bps to come

Well he just got a 9 pointer tonight, in a display we weren't particularly attacking in.
Could easily have had a couple more goals even tonight too.

Yep.

Plus the price argument shifts while Salah is a near perma-captain and no other big hitters are performing particularly well.

I'm naturally sceptical to the idea of a Watford attacker like Dennis (12 returns from an xGI of 6.9 going into this week) keeping pace with him but even if he does and you have that huge value saved, what do you spend it on? All the popular options atm are mid-priced and affordable even with Ronaldo in your side.

And if a big hitter does emerge, I'd sooner have the money tied up in one player for greater flexibility than spread across the team.

Who's the better option out of King or Dennis?

Time for my resignation. I will not do Ole. I am leaving by myself.
Final blow today; guy who doesn't play fpl since gw4 kicked me (probably) from cup.

Next year is my year :lol:

59 - 4 for 55 so far. Need Bowen and Antonio to save me from a third consecutive red. Mbeumo and Dalot first and second sub to potentially come in.

Cancelo is out next GW, so glad I have the full playing squad. Currently planning to roll the transfer and play:

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso Dalot
Salah(c) Jota Bowen
Ronaldo(v) Antonio King

Foster, Mbeumo Brownhill (Cancelo)

Would be nice for Brownhill to avoid a yellow and not be suspended too.

Got sucked into the narrative.
Other than Salah, no expensive player is doing it. And our fixture list, pens and Ralf could see him as a good option...

If you swap him for a cheap forward, no gtee they are better and we don't seem to be worried for cash this year so it'd just be a few million that wouldnt necessarily make the squad better.

But get rid .. less who have him suits me :)

Reece James has returned 1 point or less in 11 of the 16 GWs so far: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 7, 12, 13, 18, 21.

Took him out for Chilwell just before the 21, then got him back in for the recent run of blanks :drool:

Reece James has returned 1 point or less in 11 of the 16 GWs so far: 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 7, 12, 13, 18, 21.
Didn't play in 4 games, played 1 minute in another, 23/28/47 in three others. That's eight out of sixteen games.

72 in the other eight games where he played full game. 9 points/game av on those.

Lies, damned lies and statistics.

Time for my resignation. I will not do Ole. I am leaving by myself.
Final blow today; guy who doesn't play fpl since gw4 kicked me (probably) from cup.

Next year is my year :lol:

I'm 50-15 up against my opponent so far in the update.

He'll still be 15,while I move to 65.

Couple of players each. He has St Maxi captain so needs one of the biggest hauls ever seen!