View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've been saying, I don't understand why he hasn't gotten the minutes here. Always shows me something positive whenever I watch him play.

Our best player in the match without having a lot of quality in the final third (also the same problem the team had) but then popped up with a well taken goal at the end. Worked hard, pressed and won the ball several times, ran with the ball and caused problems with his acceleration behind defenders.

I don't understand the notion of loaning him. We don't have enough wingers as it is.

As I've been saying, I don't understand why he hasn't gotten the minutes here. Always shows me something positive whenever I watch him play.
Whose minutes should he be taking? Gernacho? Antony? Rashford? Sancho? What about when Amad returns? Then there's Hojlund to add to the attack.

He looks decent but it'd be best to loan him out for another season or he'll get next to no playing time in the first team

I really, really want him to stay and get minutes. One of our most comfortable players in possession in tight attacking areas.

I don't understand the notion of loaning him. We don't have enough wingers as it is.
Not just that, but he's a right wing option who has shown that he can compete with our first choice options there. I don't dislike Antony like more than half this fanbase seems to, but you see the directness that Pellistri brings over Antony.

Let's not do this again. We're all asking for him to get more minutes because he's direct and a menace to play against in games, but he doesn't impress the coach in trainings, so he'll play 3 minutes in a League Cup game after leading 9-0 against Rochdale.

Whose minutes should he be taking? Gernacho? Antony? Rashford? Sancho? What about when Amad returns? Then there's Hojlund to add to the attack.

He looks decent but it'd be best to loan him out for another season or he'll get next to no playing time in the first team
Garnacho and Rashford play on the left. Pellistri has been playing on the right, including this match. So he's competing with Antony and Sancho, and I don't see any reason why he can't take minutes away from Antony/Sancho. Amad is a different story but he's already out first half of the season. Hojlund is our striker...

He needs a full season of first-team football which he hasn't done in his career so far.

If they loan him it needs to be at a premier league club where he can really test himself at the top level week in week out.

I like his direct style. Should definitely be one we give a proper chance this season.

Is it ridiculous that I think he's competitive with Sancho on the wing?

I'd much rather have him play on the right than Sancho. I know Antony is going to start, but as a sub, we would benefit a lot more from Pellistri than Sancho with his directness against tired defenders.

Let's not do this again. We're all asking for him to get more minutes because he's direct and a menace to play against in games, but he doesn't impress the coach in trainings, so he'll play 3 minutes in a League Cup game after leading 9-0 against Rochdale.
The coach has said on multiple occasions that he impresses in training.

I am not hung up on keeping Pellistri at all costs but we need something else on the right. Antony refuses to take players on. It's a back pass 60% of the time.

He looked much improved last season, and is seemingly on the same course. Might be time to give him some game time this season. Like Garnacho, he doesnt seem to have much fear in those bones.

It’s between him and Amad for RW backup, and unfortunately Amad got injured.

The only issue with Pellistri is that he can’t be registered as a youth player, so if he stays he will take a squad place.

The coach has said on multiple occasions that he impresses in training.

I am not hung up on keeping Pellistri at all costs but we need something else on the right. Antony refuses to take players on. It's a back pass 60% of the time.

So why does he not play more? It was the same last year. He played a whopping 60 minutes for a whole season. Might as well have loaned him out.

First "part" of the season no? Quite a big difference.
I don't know, they've been vague about the timeframe but either way, he'll be out for a while presumably. I still haven't seen good justification as to why Pellistri can't get playing time on the right, given the glimpses he has shown. He's direct and tenacious, unlike Sancho. Runs at defenders more often than Antony and isn't as one foot dominant as Antony is.

Good goal. Just checked his stats on Wiki. 3 goals in 85 games with the 3 goals coming in the Uruguayan league and for United's U21 side. 0 in 45 for United and Alaves.

He's still young and they are probably a lot of sub apps but that's shocking for a winger.

Garnacho and Rashford play on the left. Pellistri has been playing on the right, including this match. So he's competing with Antony and Sancho, and I don't see any reason why he can't take minutes away from Antony/Sancho. Amad is a different story but he's already out first half of the season. Hojlund is our striker...
Amad should be challenging for the 10 position when Bruno's knackered or moved back to play as an 8 when we're chasing the game. Both him and Pellistri should be pushing Sancho and Antony to be more consistent. Since ETH seems so stuck on Antony as default RW option though (along with not rotating Bruno to avoid potential burnout, despite his toughness so far), just have to hope Antony's actually learned to mix up his game more, ala the pass for Rashford yesterday rather than the 'one neat trick' , cut inside and left foot aim for top corner, and Pellistri gets an actually useful loan.

He needs a full season of first-team football which he hasn't done in his career so far.

Why does he need that? Garnacho didn't and contributed nicely. In fact, Pellistri has around 1200 minutes of experience from La Liga, so it's more experience than Garnacho.

You'd imagine the options will be:

• Rashford
  • Garnacho
  • Sancho
  • Antony
  • Amad or Pellistri (the other going on loan)
The only way I see it makes sense to keep both would be of Ten Hag plans to play either Sancho or Amad more centrally.

Honestly think he should get more minutes. He is very direct and does all the stuff I hoped Sancho would. Also actually two footed unlike Antony.

It would be nice having an out and out winger that gives the team a different option in attack, but it makes no sense keeping him and Amad as back-up to Antony. One needs to go out on loan, with Amad staying but won’t be back until at least for another month or so, we still have enough cover when games don’t come in thick and fast yet. I would say get him sent out on loan to a decent team in England preferably.

Getting a decent loan is going to be vital this season, for his sake he really needs as many games as possible.

You'd imagine the options will be:

• Rashford
  • Garnacho
  • Sancho
  • Antony
  • Amad or Pellistri (the other going on loan)
The only way I see it makes sense to keep both would be of Ten Hag plans to play either Sancho or Amad more centrally.
Especially as Rashford and Garnacho can't play on the right.

Why does he need that? Garnacho didn't and contributed nicely. In fact, Pellistri has around 1200 minutes of experience from La Liga, so it's more experience than Garnacho.

It wasn't consistent football and in a team where he barely saw the ball. Garnaho has proven to be a much bigger goal threat at 18, so he got over 1000 minutes at that age in a team like United in his first season.

No reason why he shouldn’t compete with our other RW’s. It’s not like we have Saka blocking him off, regardless of the price tags of Antony and Sancho neither has made a big impact at the position enough. Of course I don’t have my hopes high, but hopefully if he gets loaned out it’s at least to a good footballing side.

It wasn't consistent football and in a team where he barely saw the ball. Garnaho has proven to be a much bigger goal threat at 18, so he got over 1000 minutes at that age in a team like United in his first season.

Pellistri hasn't even been given chances for us with the senior squad like Garnacho has. I think Garnacho is on another level, but Pellistri has shown that he can be a real goal threat too, despite not actually scoring. He deserves chances this season.

No reason why he shouldn’t compete with our other RW’s. It’s not like we have Saka blocking him off, regardless of the price tags of Antony and Sancho neither has made a big impact at the position enough. Of course I don’t have my hopes high, but hopefully if he gets loaned out it’s at least to a good footballing side.
It boils down to that though. Antony starts and Sancho with his book value and wages is bound to fill in across the frontline when/where possible.

That's what we witnessed last season and nothing much has changed other than Amad making a strong case for his own opportunities.

Kid has to go and tear it up elsewhere before he has a hope in hell of getting regular playing time for us.

Personally I'd let him fight it out with Antony for the RW.

But I expect EtH will continue to use Bruno on the RW in certain games next season, so in the managers head it might be Antony/Bruno with Sancho backup for the RW, resulting in Pellistri being 4th choice.

In which case a loan might be more beneficial for him.

It boils down to that though. Antony starts and Sancho with his book value and wages is bound to fill in across the frontline when/where possible.

That's what we witnessed last season and nothing much has changed other than Amad making a strong case for his own opportunities.

Kid has to go and tear it up elsewhere before he has a hope in hell of getting regular playing time for us.

Oh this isn’t me saying he’s GOING to compete, it’s quite obvious Antony is Ten Hags golden boy and Sancho is Sancho. Just saying based purely on ability and production there’s no reason he shouldn’t be getting some runs in the first team

Status
Not open for further replies.