View full 2023-24 profile

5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's easily worth more than Pellistri. If Pellistri had a good spell on loan in Championship, scoring 10 goals, he'd be valued similarly. The very club where Hutchison performed this well is the same one now attempting to purchase him at that price.

Pellistri had 0 goals in 35 games for Alaves at that age, and 2 goals in 15 games at Granada last season. He has scored 5 goals in 114 games in his career, his value is not particularly high.

It's not some far fetched conspiracy or United management being incompetent this time, it's genuinely one player showing much more and being in demand.

The loans with Alaves were such terrible moves for his development. Horrible patterns of play that Dyche would find too negative and he hardly got more than a few minutes off the bench in most games, it did nothing for him and has depressed his value. The Granada loan saw him playing a lot more and the end product was starting to show and of course his International appearances are becoming more impressive but the sample size is small. It is why I think he could actually end up being worth a lot of money in a couple of years time but we probably can't afford to gamble on that and need to cash in on whatever interest the Copa America generates.

The loans with Alaves were such terrible moves for his development. Horrible patterns of play that Dyche would find too negative and he hardly got more than a few minutes off the bench in most games, it did nothing for him and has depressed his value. The Granada loan saw him playing a lot more and the end product was starting to show and of course his International appearances are becoming more impressive but the sample size is small. It is why I think he could actually end up being worth a lot of money in a couple of years time but we probably can't afford to gamble on that and need to cash in on whatever interest the Copa America generates.
He's going to be 23 in December so that's also going to impact the price as there's a more limited ceiling to what he can become.

Played 4 games for Uruguay in the Copa America. Into the semi finals.

Very good average rating of 7.2.

1 goal and 1 assist.

Always showed glimpses when he got the very odd sub appearance here. Deserves to get more of a chance.

Played 4 games for Uruguay in the Copa America. Into the semi finals.

Very good average rating of 7.2.

1 goal and 1 assist.

Always showed glimpses when he got the very odd sub appearance here. Deserves to get more of a chance.
Yeah I think he’s always done pretty well in the small time he gets. Always tries to be positive.

Find it mad he's made more appearances for Uruguay than united.

I watched last night's game against Brazil and was impressed with his intensity and work rate off the ball and pressing, etc. He never let the fullback have a moments peace on the ball.

But with the ball he was nothing special. I don't remember him creating anything really.

I would still take him over Antony though. Just because he isn't nearly as obnoxious.

He reminds me a lot of Elanga or Dan James. Will be a very good player for a midtable side in La Liga or the PL.

I watched last night's game against Brazil and was impressed with his intensity and work rate off the ball and pressing, etc. He never let the fullback have a moments peace on the ball.

But with the ball he was nothing special. I don't remember him creating anything really.

I would still take him over Antony though. Just because he isn't nearly as obnoxious.
It's what I've been saying all along every time people say he is tiny and will get bullied in PL, etc. He is disciplined and performs well according to his instructions.

Creatively he usually offers more than last night but he won't grab a game by the scruff of the neck and win it for you.

He is no more than a cog in a system which usually involves triangulations by Araujo, Nandez and Pellistri. A bit like we had that Mata-Herrera-Fellaini trio performing better than the sum of parts for a few months under LVG. With Araujo coming off injured he was largely just a pivot/decoy for Nández to overlap, which isn't the most exciting thing in the world... but what is required of him.

For that discipline alone I would have given him more gametime but I think that ship has sailed now.

From what I've seen he's been effective, but his game is a bit too direct. He needs to evolve that a bit if he wants more minutes at United.

From what I've seen he's been effective, but his game is a bit too direct. He needs to evolve that a bit if he wants more minutes at United.
I think he needs to be sold with a sell on clause. We don't seem to be shifting Antony and it looks like Amad will play from the RW next season too.

I'll take Pellistri over Antony even more now that Ugarte seems to be on his way to us.

I think he needs to be sold with a sell on clause. We don't seem to be shifting Antony and it looks like Amad will play from the RW next season too.

There's no way we keep Antony, Garnacho, and Pellistri. The latter two are still young and developing, whereas Antony seems to not be improving and yet still has a decent sell on value. Let PSG or a Saudi side take him off our hands and keep Pellistri as depth.

I think he'd do well in a slower league where his directness would stand out more, like Italy. Maybe a longer term role for him is as a RWB because he's not dynamic enough for a modern day winger.

He's definitely useful, and Chelsea would manage to somehow fetch £20m for him. Think we should look to sell him and should get a decent fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.