Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else worried by the fact that Cesc and the new manager seem to be close?

I think that by "his friendship" they re referring to Messi. Certainly makes more sense since they've holidayed together "again".

I assumed they were talking about MessI when I read that.

Yes, Cesc's good mates with Messi and his family. Messi and his family are good mates with the new coach.

Pique is the other member of the Messi academy graduation set, but has been away playing in a poker competition - whether he's talking now from a position of confidence, or just making sure Cesc is safe with the fans who knows.

Could the Messi factor (on and off the field incidentally, because Cesc plays well with him even though the midfield doesn't play well with Cesc) help with the new coach. Undoubtedly. Though I suppose Fabregas may not be too chuffed about the idea of relying on that.

On the other hand, if the new coach doesn't rate him, it makes sense to sell him now. With the coach able to shrug and say that the negotiations were already underway.

Sky's so called sources say that Barca are willing to listen to offers of £35m and up, as well as Fabregas himself considering his future.

Load of shite.

Not really I think.

Sky was the one who broke the story of our first two bids.

Pink shorts...Im having 2nd thoughts on him now

Pink shorts are a sign of a great footballer, if anything they should make you want him more.

cristiano-ronaldo-hot-pink-shorts-this-one__oPt.jpg

I'll be chuffed if we sign him, really chuffed, always been a huge fan of this.

But I have to be honest, I will almost feel a little sorry for him it didn't really work out at Barca.

If this goes through as expected and Fabregas joins United, how do you rate the chances of Messi following suit? It's clear that they're good friends.

Still waiting for us to agree the fee and then for either PSG or Monaco to come in and pinch him from under our noses!

I have no sources to quote, but somehow I don't see Dortmund letting Gundogan go. Why not just play Kagawa where Klopp believed was his best position -- central midfield? Here is the famously reported evidence:

"Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world," he [Klopp] told The Guardian, "and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United -- on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each other's arms, when he left."

So it goes something like this, assuming we sell Roo, which may not be a valid assumption. The bid Chelsea has put in for him has been ridiculously puny and I don't see a lot of other clubs rushing to pick up The White Pele. But let's assume we pawn him off for cheap (30m to Chelsea) to just to rid ourselves of the cancer.

De Gea
Back Four
Carrick and Fellaini* or Cleverley
Valencia or Zaha/Kagawa/Nani or Young
RvP

Call me crazy, but Fergie must have brought in Kagawa knowing that Rooney's days as a United man were coming to an end. If we stick with 4231, which seems likely, Kagawa can slip perfectly into the middle that 3 very nicely. This isn't a squad that would beat Bayern or Barcelona, but it would be good enough to get the job done in the English prem.

*We might as well accept that this is going to happen.

I have no sources to quote, but somehow I don't see Dortmund letting Gundogan go. Why not just play Kagawa where Klopp believed was his best position -- central midfield? Here is the famously reported evidence:

"Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world," he [Klopp] told The Guardian, "and he now plays 20 minutes at Manchester United -- on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes. Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw. But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man United than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each other's arms, when he left."

So it goes something like this, assuming we sell Roo, which may not be a valid assumption. The bid Chelsea has put in for him has been ridiculously puny and I don't see a lot of other clubs rushing to pick up The White Pele. But let's assume we pawn him off for cheap (30m to Chelsea) to just to rid ourselves of the cancer.

De Gea
Back Four
RvP

Call me crazy, but Fergie must have brought in Kagawa knowing that Rooney's days as a United man were coming to an end. If we stick with 4231, which seems likely, Kagawa can slip perfectly into the middle that 3 very nicely. This isn't a squad that would beat Bayern or Barcelona, but it would be good enough to get the job done in the English prem.

You're crazy.

De Gea
Back Four
RvP

Our problem area is the Cleverley/Carrick part of the midfield though. I love Cleverley, but I feel we need an upgrade on him, and if Fabregas or Modric were attainable, we'd be crazy not to go for them. We also need a back-up to Carrick badly imo.

I have no sources to quote, but somehow I don't see Dortmund letting Gundogan go. Why not just play Kagawa where Klopp believed was his best position -- central midfield? .

Is that why Klopp constantly played him as an AM behind the striker?

De Gea
Back Four
RvP

There is just one problem in your theory. Klopp did not mean the CM position, but the central one in the offensive midfield or "10" position, where he played every single match for Dortmund. All Klopp meant was, that Kagawa is wasted on the wings. However, placing him in the CM would be even worse. He is not suited for that role.

De Gea
Back Four
RvP

I said this last summer when we signed him and got all sorts of abuse for it. He should be playing at the head of a midfield 3. I said he wouldn't be nearly as effective playing in a wide role for United and everyone jumped on it saying he was too small to play centrally and wouldn't hold up the ball well enough and he's best as an inside forward like Silva.

Cant be arsed reading the 10 pages added to this thread since I logged on yesterday. I presume he has not signed yet?

I said this last summer when we signed him and got all sorts of abuse for it. He should be playing at the head of a midfield 3. I said he wouldn't be nearly as effective playing in a wide role for United and everyone jumped on it saying he was too small to play centrally and wouldn't hold up the ball well enough and he's best as an inside forward like Silva.

I think it's plain to be seen he's at his best roving around looking for possession and bringing the team forward from the type of position you mention above.

I've never understood the "too small" retort. He's the same height as Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta and Wilshere. They cope just fine. Neither of those are particularly built either. Quite an average build, as is Shinji. Playing in the middle of a 4-3-3 would suit him very well I reckon, though perhaps not a 2 man midfield.

apologies for being out of touch I haven't been following closely at all. has there been an official "Barcelona have rejected Manchester uniteds second bid" statement or report yet?

edit: I see there has been. ignore this

Status
Not open for further replies.