F1 2022 Season

Would be awful to scrap whole 2 drivers per team, have a feeling it would be much interesting if whole teams focusing on their one driver

Edit: Everytime someone let other passes always some childish drama bullshit, regardless of context. "We will talk later" yea sure lul

Like he’d have stood any chance of staying in front if they’d been left to race anyway

Yeah definitely, the commentators love to try and create a bit of drama when there isn’t any.

Really want to see Russell with a car that can match the redbull. Was great watching him defend against Max. Hopefully his DRS can fail every week :lol:

not the best race.
Good to see Russell get a podium.
Lewis found his toys after throwing them out of his pram and got a very decent 5th
Pity the Leclerc had a DNF , he had the race in the bag at the time.
Max with a hard-fought win.

Perez knows the score but I don't think he was expecting the orders to come through this early in the season, bit of a shit way to win a race as well but I guess Max and co don't really care on how the points are earnt.

Unlucky leclerc, ferrari throwing the championship away. Really dont want to see max just walk the championship, a proper two horse race would be nice. Hint hint ferrari.

Good drives from Mercedes boys and Bottas who again is outperforming his car. Sainz is so mediocre that Bottas would do a better job in the ferrari as a no2. I know sainz has signed a new deal with Ferrari, but wouldn't suprise me if he got cut the way he's going.

Really want to see Russell with a car that can match the redbull. Was great watching him defend against Max. Hopefully his DRS can fail every week :lol:
The annoying thing is that joining Mercedes was supposed to be giving him a chance to have a good car instead of Williams.

Saying Le Clerc instead of Leclerc is the new Athletico instead of Atletico. Vile :(

Perez knows the score but I don't think he was expecting the orders to come through this early in the season, bit of a shit way to win a race as well but I guess Max and co don't really care on how the points are earnt.
Shouldn’t matter how early really. If you’ve already backed Max (they have, everyone knows it and so does Perez), then points today are as important as points at the end of the season. It’s a shame and probably unfair but everyone knows that’s the case at Red Bull. Max would throw his toys out the pram if it wasn’t either. Although could arguably say that about many of the top drivers.

for me it’s the way they changed perez’s strategy to ensure he’d be a sitting duck. he wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip. even if you’re the number two driver that’s hard to take.

I fancy Russell to win Monaco at next GP. RB power advantage will be negated and Mercedes have a very good car in slow speed corners.

for me it’s the way they changed perez’s strategy to ensure he’d be a sitting duck. he wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip. even if you’re the number two driver that’s hard to take.
They sneakily tried to do it without having to give the order, presumably for PR.

Horner might have watched a different race, telling Max he had to do it the hard way - his title rival retired and then his team mate was told to move out of the way.

It’s hard to separate Sainz shitness and Ferrari issues, but it really does seem the harshness of the Ferrari is significant and will be problematic if not addressed soon.

It’s hard to separate Sainz shitness and Ferrari issues, but it really does seem the harshness of the Ferrari is significant and will be problematic if not addressed soon.
Ferrari are normally ruthless when drivers dont perform. Question is who would you replace him with?!? Danny Ric? Cant get Lando from mclaren. Pierre Gasly? Or a driver from F2 ?

Ferrari are normally ruthless when drivers dont perform. Question is who would you replace him with?!? Danny Ric? Cant get Lando from mclaren. Pierre Gasly? Or a driver from F2 ?

Based on the past 18months I expect Riccardo's stock is too low for Ferrari

Based on the past 18months I expect Riccardo's stock is too low for Ferrari

i think like many other drivers he was broken by being second best. the mentality that you’re the best and the only thing stopping you winning is the overall package is shredded when you’re battered by your team mate week in week out. it’s hard to come back from that.

Yaaasssss! Verstappennnnnnnn dominating the caf like a low budget sm movie! Whip these bitter old men!

Well done Max!

Excellent stuff. IF Red Bull can sort some of their issues out he can get the title again here. Shit luck for Charles though. I wanted Max to win, but I like Charles as well. As for Sainz, not sure what the guy is doing. I know there was an issue on that part of the track, but he's not been great this season.

Horner might have watched a different race, telling Max he had to do it the hard way - his title rival retired and then his team mate was told to move out of the way.

Perez didn't need to move out of the way though. That's why the message from Red Bull was silly. Max would have cruised past him. He was flying. Perez wouldn't have had a choice about it. It would have been a simple overtake from Max.

Obviously Max had luck with Charles retiring, but he also had big issues himself with the DRS before all that.

Aye and if Schumi had been in a UFO in first Max would have taken him easily too.

He would have easily passed Perez but only with DRS on the straight.

If the DRS failed one or two laps in a row then that's a lot of unnecessary overheating and tyre deg from both of them for an inevitable overtake.

Really when Perez looks back he can only blame himself, he wasn't quick enough when he had new tyres in open air. No way should Max have been able to catch up so quickly after his last pit stop.

I disagree. He was SO much faster than him even without the DRS we would have overtaken him. There was no need from the message from Red Bull. The overtake would have happened anyway.

Merc genuinely look happy after that race, we cant really tell what’s going on in the background but it seems like they're heading in the right direction.

Merc genuinely look happy after that race, we cant really tell what’s going on in the background but it seems like they're heading in the right direction.

Considering Hamilton could barely get out of 12th a few races ago, they’ve definitely made progress.

Perez is probably most frustrated at not being allowed to overtake a Verstappen stuck behind Russell with no DRS.

He was on new tyres and quite correctly pointed out in the radio he would be ahead in no time so wouldn't even be holding Verstappen up.

Plenty of evidence of that from last season too.