F1 2022 Season

The only way I see Lewis racing next year is if Masi is gone or the FIA at least promise to make big changes. I don't see him racing in F1 beyond that though, it sounds like he's done with the sport and he has plenty of interests outside of it.

It's all drama. Literally at the end of the race he said about making sure he beats them next year. He isn't going to walk away until he gets 8.

It's not, because Masi isn't really the referee that's the stewards. If anything, it'd be like football implementing a person that the teams complain to specifically to stop players crowding the referee, or the managers storming the field at half time and chewing the referee's ear off - and it'd be fun to listen to.
He has the ability to stop the race, so his position is not just for people to complain to.

He has the ability to stop the race if there is reason to do so. His job is to make sure the rules are adhered to.

well i know who i’m supporting next season

aston martin will be hoping mike krack will bring them a race win next season.

Zak has had quite a bit to say recently - whilst he also likely has an agenda I have to say I generally agree with him re big teams making decisions and what has gone on last season.

I'm not sure where I stand with the sprint races yet, I think the format around qualifying and race grid needs tweaking slightly but it probably adds a bit more to the weekend especially if they can overtake cars this year.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/the-year-ahead-zak-brown-2022/

"There have been systemic issues around alignment and clarity on who makes the rules - the FIA or the teams - that have manifested themselves in the past couple of years, at times in a high-profile way.

Brown added: "It is clear that some of the rules and their governance are not acceptable as things stand. No one is happy with the inconsistency in the policing of the regulations, but which has been habitually exploited by teams for competitive advantage.

"I have said before that the teams have too much power and it needs to be reduced. We have a significant role in the drafting of the regulations and governance of Formula 1 and that influence is not always driven by what is best overall for the sport."

"It is the teams who applied the pressure to avoid finishing races under a Safety Car at all costs," he added.

"It is the teams who voted for many of the regulations they have complained about. It is the teams who have been using the broadcasting of radio messages to the race director to try to influence penalties and race outcomes, to the point where an over-excited team principal plays to the gallery and pressurises race officials. This has not been edifying for F1. At times it's felt like a pantomime audition rather than the pinnacle of a global sport."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60036659
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...ontroversy-symptom-of-wider-rulemaking-issues

Pretty punchy all round especially with a Mercedes in the back, good job VW will be joining F1.

What’s the fuss with F1 wanting to treat their product like a videogame? Hardcore fans are less and less, and you cannot have only one team winning year after year if you want casual fans following your circus. Then… be it. Would you bet Ferrari is going to be favorably looked after, this season, as far as the rules allow (and even more)?

So has the big baby decided if he’s going to race again yet? :lol::lol::lol:
Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram
Masi deserves to get the sack for the shambles from last season.

LH has every right to wait to see what happens to him before deciding whether to race again or not if Masi is left in charge to call as and when he sees fit to change the rules.

Masi deserves to get the sack for the shambles from last season.

LH has every right to wait to see what happens to him before deciding whether to race again or not if Masi is left in charge to call as and when he sees fit to change the rules.

Hes coming across as a petulant child who’s not getting his way. Either he’s so insecure about his legacy (tbf, he’s lost a massive point not winning 5 in a row in that car) or he’s just a massive sore loser:

He’s had the rub of the green massively for 7 years. Harden up a little and get over it.

Imagine telling a multi winning world champion to harden up :lol: I think he's mentally tougher than of any us here put together.

The dominance has really taken it's toll on some people.

I bet some in here harden up by doing the dishes after an argument with the girlfriend :lol:

Hes coming across as a petulant child who’s not getting his way. Either he’s so insecure about his legacy (tbf, he’s lost a massive point not winning 5 in a row in that car) or he’s just a massive sore loser:

He’s had the rub of the green massively for 7 years. Harden up a little and get over it.
Great injustice - just harden up and get over it.

Sure.

It's not, because Masi isn't really the referee that's the stewards. If anything, it'd be like football implementing a person that the teams complain to specifically to stop players crowding the referee, or the managers storming the field at half time and chewing the referee's ear off - and it'd be fun to listen to.
That's the 4th official, most managers spend the entire game moaning at them.

If Lewis doesn't want to race and doesn't want to be a pawn in the big F1 game anymore, then he doesn't. Why should he 'harden up' for just for peoples entertainment?

There are plenty of other series to race, especially in Europe and America.

F1 is but a drop in the ocean.

It's true though. F1 is just one of many popular racing series out there. Rally, Nascar, Le Mans etc It has the most money sure, but does Hamilton need more money at this stage?

Even Alonso and Kimi tried other things in their lives.

And that's assuming he still wants to race, instead of being some sort of misled fashion guru....

It's true though. F1 is just one of many popular racing series out there. Rally, Nascar, Le Mans etc It has the most money sure, but does Hamilton need more money at this stage?

Even Alonso and Kimi tried other things in their lives.

And that's assuming he still wants to race, and not be some sort of misled fashion guru....
Its only the most prestigeous and watched racing championship. Its not a drop in the ocean, its pretty big part of the ocean.

Its only the most prestigeous and watched racing championship. Its not a drop in the ocean, its pretty big part of the ocean.

Sure, but he is no newbie needing F1's global reach to make a big name for himself.

He is Lewis bloody Hamilton.

Totto has said that the days of cars having a 1 sec advantage are over.

Apparently both Ferrari and Mercedes have regained the 20bhp lost through some engine rules for the new season by changes to the turbocharger.

Dan Fellows Red Bull chief aerodynamicist is finally joining aston martin in april. So we would have to wait for the aston martin of 2023 season to see what he can do.

Last edited:
So has the big baby decided if he’s going to race again yet? :lol::lol::lol:
Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram
Harsh, very harsh.
OK so he has not said anything since the race, he was shafted out of the win and it will still hurt
Put yourselves in his position and say you would not have done the same.
Personally I think he has done the right thing, kept quite and let the press and everybody else just stew in their own juices.
I think he will be racing this season and will be eager to get his 8th title.

Fans will be able to attend the second 2022 pre-season test session, scheduled to be held at Bahrain International Circuit between March 10 and 12.

Organisers made the announcement on social media this week, with a tweet confirming that the sessions will be open for spectators.

"Ticketing arrangements and details to be announced over the next few days," said the official account.

It will be the first opportunity for members of the general public to see all ten of this year's car on track.

The first pre-season test, scheduled to take pace at the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya in Spain, will not be open to the public because of current coronavirus regulations in the country.

While journalists will be present in the paddock to report on what happens, there will be no live television coverage for the first test. Instead, a 60 minute summary will be streamed online via F1 TV.

Cameras are expected to provide full live coverage of all three days of the Bahrain test via social media channels, and Sky Sports F1 in the UK.

Pre-season tests usually draw limited numbers of spectators. However interest might be stoked by the latest rule changes including the introduction of new 18-inch tyres.

It means that the cars are expected to look very different this season after a period of relative design stability.

Some of the smaller teams had appealed to the FIA to extend the Barcelona test to five days, as they have less advanced simulators and fear they could lose out to the bigger squads in terms of preparation. However this suggestion was turned down by the governing body.

Attendance in Bahrain could also be boosted by a rise in popularity in the sport given the ratings impact of the season finale in Abu Dhabi last month in which Max Verstappen pipped Lewis Hamilton to the title on the final lap.

All cars will be sporting brand new liveries for 2022, with four teams including Aston Martin, Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes having already announced which days they will be holding car launches to unveil the new look prior to the Barcelona test.

The teams also have the option to hold a 'filming day' at Barcelona before the official test. This allows them some limited track running in order to film the cars for sponsorship and PR purposes.

Teams are able to schedule two of these days per calendar year.

Mercedes chief technical officer James Allison reckons that a few F1 teams are in for a "terribly painful year" due to getting their all-new 2022 designs "badly wrong".

F1 teams are facing a regulation reset this season, the first significant revamp of the rule book since 2009, with ground effects at the center of the changes that will hopefully tighten the field and boost the show on the track.

While purposefully restrictive in terms of scope of innovation, the new regulations will nevertheless spawn new ideas or bold approaches as each team's creative minds put their own spin on the rules.

Teams will roll out their machines at the Circuit de Cataluna in Barcelona in late February at the start of pre-season testing. While everyone awaits to see who has gotten it right, Allison fears that a few teams will have inevitably gotten it "badly wrong".

https://f1i.com/news/430824-allison...BN4nGsXGhDa-kXA1VwIR1mO-f6zYN7Fu1sQhIt_txdEr0

For Mercedes eng badly wrong probably means 1 second slower. For Haas :
"Hey boss, umm, it seems we actually created an airplane..."

Does anyone have some recommendations for good F1 accounts to follow on Twitter? Not just for news but for general chat and good content. I want my feed to be a bit more alive going into the new season!