Everton deducted 10 points for PSR breach (reduced to 6) | Deducted further 2 points for second breach

It’s definitely the best season to get points docked - they’ll be out of the bottom 3 by Xmas.
Chances are they'll be out of the bottom 3 this weekend, they're bound to be fired up by this and guess who they're playing

This just shows that no club is above the rules. Not even the shitty ones with no standing or power at all.

Surely this means City get a deduction. Even if they somehow worm their way out of 100 charges 15 will be enough to see them relegated twice over.

The rest of the PL should be behind Everton demanding answers.

Wish I shared people's confidence re. City being punished. The sense I get from various (albeit not fully substantiated) whispers is that they genuinely are 'too big' - or have too many paid-for friends in high-places - to fail, and the whole 115 charges is going to be a charade of an enquiry.

Surely this means City get a deduction. Even if they somehow worm their way out of 100 charges 15 will be enough to see them relegated twice over.

The rest of the PL should be behind Everton demanding answers.

Chelsea are also in the reckoning and they too could get a points deduction this year ?

This just shows that no club is above the rules. Not even the shitty ones with no standing or power at all.

watch out. they’ll be coming for the farmers next.

Wish I shared people's confidence re. City being punished. The sense I get from various (albeit not fully substantiated) whispers is that they genuinely are 'too big' - or have too many paid-for friends in high-places - to fail, and the whole 115 charges is going to be a charade of an enquiry.
They are in bed with the government of the land. There’s no higher state of being than that. Bringing City down is bigger than football, hence why nothing will happen of any magnitude.

10 point deduction for owning up to one charge.

City are currently fighting 115 charges. Even if they owned up to a handful, you're looking at relegation from the PL

That would mean Pep and 90% of the first team squad out the door in a nano second. We'll really see what that club means to everyone when they are in the championship or lower.

And you will see how quickly they are forgotten.

With Chelsea possibly facing sanctions as well, I'm hoping this will shine the spotlight back on City, at least it should.
The new Chelsea ownership came clean for what happened under a different ownership, they might get 3-7 points for reporting Abrahmovic?

The bigger question is City who beat UEFA on a technicality and a rule of law, the EPL has different rules and 115 charges right now is a damming indictment on the club.

They’ll probably get through with a large fine but they might get the book thrown at them too!

They wouldn’t dare. We have pitchforks.

:lol:

that won’t stop them. they’ll want to know why your books show you spending 85m € of your eu subsidy on “hairy corn.”

Top result for Everton that, 10 point deduction with the shite at the bottom isn't an issue to them at all. They will comfortably avoid relegation.

Better this season than being under pressure from the off next season.

Last edited:
Top result for Everton that, 10 point deduction with the shite at the bottom isn't an issue to them at all. They will comfortably avoid relegation.

Better this season than being under pressure from the off next weekend.

personally, i’d say the time everton and chelsea both spent under lampard should be punishment enough.

Its typical of the Premier League to announce this right before they play us, I bet if they were playing Liverpool or City they would have delayed the announcement until next week

:lol:

that won’t stop them. they’ll want to know why your books show you spending 85m € of your eu subsidy on “hairy corn.”
So we can sell it on later to an English corn club paying three times as much in order to immediately throw it away afterwards. It’s simple.

I think city should be expelled from the PL for 3-5 years.
Football league can decide where to start them in the pyramid.
They can still win fa cups, league cups but they should not be allowed back in during that time frame even if they finish top of the championship.

Probably won’t happen though.

Thats them relegated

I think they'll be alright. They've been much better than the handful of teams at the bottom. If they just continue as they have been, and can avoid letting this ruin them mentally, they should be safe by spring.

The Premier League doesn’t need Man City and the club is certainly not too big to be punished. Their owners are though. The UK government will be blocking any punishment given to City, the same as they told the FA to allow Newcastle to be bought by the Saudis. This stuff is bigger than football.

10 point deduction for owning up to one charge.

City are currently fighting 115 charges. Even if they owned up to a handful, you're looking at relegation from the PL

That would mean Pep and 90% of the first team squad out the door in a nano second. We'll really see what that club means to everyone when they are in the championship or lower.

And you will see how quickly they are forgotten.
Sadly this isn't what will happen, relegation isn't actually that bad for them - they've been allowed to cheat so long they can just shrug it off. Then they work the whole 'we broke the system, broke the PL top four, FFP was designed to kill the small clubs etc.' and are back in the PL within a year and back in the CL the year after. The punishment has to fit the scale and longevity of the crime, they've been taking CL and EL spots off other teams, stopping teams winning titles and cups, taking players other teams would have signed all from a corrupt foundation - if they weren't state backed, the owners would be getting turfed out.

Sadly this isn't what will happen, relegation isn't actually that bad for them - they've been allowed to cheat so long they can just shrug it off. Then they work the whole 'we broke the system, broke the PL top four, FFP was designed to kill the small clubs etc.' and are back in the PL within a year and back in the CL the year after. The punishment has to fit the scale and longevity of the crime, they've been taking CL and EL spots off other teams, stopping teams winning titles and cups, taking players other teams would have signed all from a corrupt foundation - if they weren't state backed, the owners would be getting turfed out.

It would be if it was several leagues down, which would not be far off considering the number of charges.

Sponsors etc would drop out, how could any company sponsor them? Unless they cheat again then ffp kills them

We could still be out of the relegation zone with a win in the next game. It's lucky we started to pick up form recently and aren't languishing at the bottom.

Very very interested to see how other procedures go now.
Sorry mate, must suck as a fan. I'll be rooting for you.

It would be if it was several leagues down, which would not be far off considering the number of charges.
Yeah I just can’t see it. I genuinely that would be fair - titles stripped and demotion to league 2 (because in reality they’d be back in the PL in the fourth season after that and given they self sponsor so much it doesn’t make a world of difference to them).

Sponsors etc would drop out, how could any company sponsor them? Unless they cheat again then ffp kills them
Their own sponsors wouldn’t drop out though would they? I’m sure Juve still have sponsors?

I think city should be expelled from the PL for 3-5 years.
Football league can decide where to start them in the pyramid.
They can still win fa cups, league cups but they should not be allowed back in during that time frame even if they finish top of the championship.

Probably won’t happen though.
I agree with this. Banish the club completely from any competition for 5 years... I can dream eh . The owners should be banished though, 115 charges is just outrageous. I'm just waiting for the technicalities to come out and they get off with a big fine.

Chances are they'll be out of the bottom 3 this weekend, they're bound to be fired up by this and guess who they're playing
We’ve got them the weekend after. At least it’s at the City Ground though.

Their own sponsors wouldn’t drop out though would they? I’m sure Juve still have sponsors?

The alleged sin here is basically accounting irregularities and financial impropriety, which half of these sponsors companies are up to themselves anyway. Barcelona just went through a complete cluster of scandals and financial shenanigans and still got Spotify as a sponsor.

Seems like wishful thinking that this would be the thing to materially impact sponsorships.