g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Music Eurovision 2024

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Israel got 40% of Italy's vote according to leaked voting, so that's the kinda rubbish we have to look forward to.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Apparently Israel got 40% of the vote in Italy, as the only country whose numbers are out (they should be secret until the final is over). If Israel wins Eurovision I think it might kill the whole concept, honestly.
2nd favorite now. What a shitshow.

Wilt

Can anyone explain why Ireland ‘Bambi Thug‘ are favourite to win ……wtf :houllier:

Wilt

They aren't. But they're favoured to do pretty well because it's interesting, well staged and well performed.
You’re right, my mistake.

I like some goth music, Sisters of Mercy are one of my favourite bands. Whereas Bambie Thug is total shite, that said they’ll easily beat the UK entry.

Last edited:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well, genocide aside, you have to respect Israelis level in organization. Obviously, every Israeli outside Israel is voting 20 times for their singer.
"You are booing our singer. Watch this space then". They will probably win this shit. :lol: .

nimic

something nice
Scout
There's some drama developing right now, where Joost (the Dutch Europapa fellow) wasn't allowed to participate in the rehearsals today. He may have tried to change his act, possibly to make a statement.

This might become the most shit-show Eurovision ever.

Traub

What happened to politics being kept out of this thread? Political posts have been deleted when they lean one way, but the posts leaning the other way are fine apparently.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What happened to politics being kept out of this thread? Political posts have been deleted when they lean one way, but the posts leaning the other way are fine apparently.
Politics out of a eurovision thread. Good luck with that

Hephaestus

There's some drama developing right now, where Joost (the Dutch Europapa fellow) wasn't allowed to participate in the rehearsals today. He may have tried to change his act, possibly to make a statement.

This might become the most shit-show Eurovision ever.
Feels like we're already there.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's an agreement we've made with the Israeli government. They get to bomb children and we get to talk about it in the Eurovision thread.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Feels like we're already there.
And it was so easily avoidable. They could have just not let Israel participate, which they've set a precedent for with Russia and which I am convinced the Israelis were expecting to happen too. Israel even handed them a tap-in when they chose a clearly political song as their entry.

Just pure incompetence from the organizers.

Hephaestus

And it was so easily avoidable. They could have just not let Israel participate, which they've set a precedent for with Russia and which I am convinced the Israelis were expecting to happen too. Israel even handed them a tap-in when they chose a clearly political song as their entry.

Just pure incompetence from the organizers.
Not just that, they followed it up with a second political song and the EBU still gave them a chance to rework it. Think they were scared that countries like Germany might pull out if Israel were banned, even if it was for a justified reason.

Seemed like they were getting away with it as well until the voting leak + the press conference yesterday. Wonder if something happened after the press conference with Joost.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I didn't see any political post here so far.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's an agreement we've made with the Israeli government. They get to bomb children and we get to talk about it in the Eurovision thread.
We are just following same logic. They don't see 100 children when dropping bomb on one terrorist, we don't see any political stuff posted here. As Thanos would say: "Perfectly balanced".

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Rumours here are that Joost Klein is facing sanctions over an interview last night. After a press person told the Israeli contestant it was okay not to answer a question, Joost asked twice, Why not?!

Speculation though.

hobbers

About time there was some real drama with Eurovision. Finally a reason to watch it.

paulscholes18

Hope Eden Golan wins it, with all the vile abuse aimed at her just because she was born in Israel.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Hope Eden Golan wins it, with all the vile abuse aimed at her just because she was born in Israel.
Abuse is never okay, but I think you might be leaving out the fact that she's literally representing Israel, and that she wrote a political song in the first place.

She's an okay singer with an okay song, but if she does win it will be 100% due to political voting.

Wilt

About time there was some real drama with Eurovision. Finally a reason to watch it.
If you’ve not watched it before, it goes on for ages, but interesting to see how Europe reacts to Israel.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well, genocide aside, you have to respect Israelis level in organization. Obviously, every Israeli outside Israel is voting 20 times for their singer.
"You are booing our singer. Watch this space then". They will probably win this shit. :lol: .
Favourite to win the televote ahead of Croatia

nimic

something nice
Scout
I don't think the jury are going to dare give them many points, in fear that they will storm the televote because of political voting and then win the whole thing.