Music Eurovision 2024

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Croatia can feck off, Bambie is winning it. It's a class song. Been humming it the last few days. Plus the presentation is great, which is the main thing for Eurovision.

Dan_F

You can't vote against an entry, you can only vote for it. I hope I'm wrong, but I think she's easily going to be top 10.
I assumed they wouldn’t get through, but it makes sense when you put it that way. My brain wasn’t thinking that way.

DON’T PANIC ™

They'll try to edit out the boos, but we'll see how effective it is. They've done it before, but I am sure this is going to worse. If she wins it's going to be chaos.
They definitely suppressed the crowd noise during the performance just in case. Had to turn the tv volume up for Israel and then back down afterwards.

nimic

something nice
Scout
How did Norway sound @SirAF @Samid?
Good, but there was something about the audio quality which wasn't as good as the national final. But maybe it's just different, and I've heard the other one so many times anything different sounds off. Most people haven't heard it (and still haven't, I assume they will watch on Saturday).

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Good, but there was something about the audio quality which wasn't as good as the national final. But maybe it's just different, and I've heard the other one so many times anything different sounds off. Most people haven't heard it (and still haven't, I assume they will watch on Saturday).
Alright, thanks for the summary! Maybe I'll sneak a peak

nimic

something nice
Scout
Israel through to the final. Audible boos when they were announced. If there wasn't anti-boo technology it would have been deafening.

feck the EBU for allowing them to participate. Might as well let Russia back in if we're going to do that.

Last edited:

Dve

Czechia my favourite, and they didn't even reach the final. Hope for Norway now.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Apparently Israel got 40% of the vote in Italy, as the only country whose numbers are out (they should be secret until the final is over). If Israel wins Eurovision I think it might kill the whole concept, honestly.

Dve

Apparently Israel got 40% of the vote in Italy, as the only country whose numbers are out (they should be secret until the final is over). If Israel wins Eurovision I think it might kill the whole concept, honestly.
What really is killing the concept is these expert votes counting just as much as the viewers votes. Those so called experts are typically people form the industry who's job is to guess what will become the next hit. It's like having a football match, where experts before the game guess who will win, then having their guess counting just as much as the actual result.

nimic

something nice
Scout
What really is killing the concept is these expert votes counting just as much as the viewers votes. Those so called experts are typically people form the industry who's job is to guess what will become the next hit. It's like having a football match, where experts before the game guess who will win, and their guess is counting just as much as the actual result.
I'm Norwegian, you won't hear me defending the jury vote.

Dve

I'm Norwegian, you won't hear me defending the jury vote.
I wonder who does. If there was any kind of objectivity in judging the quality of the music, you would think the expert votes would be somehow uniform. Instead the expert votes differ just as much as the viewers votes. Alright, people tend to favor their neighbouring country, but the winners are still spread all over Europe, with or without expert votes.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I wonder who does. If there was any kind of objectivity in judging the quality of the music, you would think the expert votes would be somehow uniform. Instead the expert votes differ just as much as the viewers votes. Alright, people tend to favor their neighbouring country, but the winners are still spread all over Europe, with or without expert votes.
I think the argument goes that when we got rid of jury voting completely, the quality of entries suddenly became wildly inconsistent. IMO there's no doubt that the quality has been pretty good the last few years. But then you get stuff like KEiiNO being robbed in 2019, and Käärijä last year, and it's annoying.